• Tweets

• Which Court have you received the claim from ?  WWW.MONEYCLAIM.GOV.UK / Civil National Business Centre If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS) Name of the Claimant :            Claimants Solicitors: BW Legal   Date of issue – 02/5/24   Date for AOS - 20/5/24 (submitted 16/5/24) Date to submit Defence - 3/6/24   What is the claim for – The Claim is for £170.00 due from the Defendant for an unpaid parking charge following a contractual breach which occurred on Sin the private car park/land at The Collective London Nw10 6Ff by the driver of registration mark, The private car park/land was lawfully occupied by the Claimant. The displayed terms and conditions offered the driver a contractual licence, were accepted upon entry by the driver, and subsequently breached. Driver's breach: Non-Permit Holder Despite demands, the parking charge remains unpaid. The Claim also includes £70.00 recovery costs as set out in the terms and conditions and in the ATA AoS Code of Practice. What is the value of the claim? 255.00 Amount Claimed 170.00 court fees 25.00 legal rep fees 50.00 Total Amount 255.00 Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? No Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? No   The Collective Parking Claim Form Redacted.pdf
    • From their website. https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/faq.aspx?p=terms-and-conditions#consumer-customers 12. Effects of cancellation / withdrawal If you cancel your purchase in the timeframes outlined in section 10 (Your right to change your mind after shipment) above you will receive a full refund including the costs of delivery (where applicable) within 14 days from the date of cancellation, except as set out below. We will provide the refund using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.   Was it a change of mind, or faulty return?
    • leave aos for today cant hurt. try again tomorrow it often has hiccups. get cca/cpr running today! dx
    • OK, In post 10, I've highlighted 3 sections in red as suggestions for removal. Do we reckon this is enough to give them a clue, without giving them the whole gameplay?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Finance U Ltd Car Repossession letter received **Round 1 WON... Ding, ding... Round 2 now on**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the xxxxxxxx

County Court

Claim number

Between

xxxxxxxxxxx- Claimant

and

- Defendant

Defence

1. I xxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxxxxxxxx am the defendant in this action and make the following statement as my defence to the claim made by xxxxxxxxxxxx

2. On the 29/01/2008 I received a document purporting to be a default notice, it is averred that the document is not compliant with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 or Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and as a result has no effect in law. The reasons of which will be set out below under the heading Default Notice

Default notice

3. it is submitted that the default notice served under s87 (1) Consumer credit act 1974 failed to comply with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561)

4. I note that the claimants particulars of claim fail to even acknowledge service a Default notice as required by section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 before the claimant can even consider terminating the agreement or demanding repayment in full

5. I refer to the date of the letter as being the 29/01/2008; it is denied that the Default notice was received on the 29/01/2008 thus not allowing the prescribed time frame required by the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) which states, Regulation 2(2) schedule 2

Details of breach of agreement and action required to remedy, or pay compensation for, the breach

A specification of:--

(a) the provision of the agreement alleged to have been breached; and

(b) the nature of the alleged breach of the agreement, specifying clearly the matters complained of; and either

© if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which that action is to be taken; or

(d) if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which it is to be paid.

6. Fourteen days were not allowed between service of the default and the time laid out where the alleged breach needed to be remedied. I therefore put the claimant to strict proof as to the date of service of said document

7. In addition to the failure of the default notice to allow the prescribed time frame, I note the Default is also deficient in the following areas

8. Section 2 (5) and (6) of the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 sets out the following

(5) Where any statement is required to be in a form specified in a Schedule to these Regulations and is reproduced in the notice, then apart from any heading to the notice, trade names or names of parties to the agreement-

(a) the lettering in the statement shall be afforded more prominence (whether by capital letters, underlining, large or bold print or otherwise) than any other lettering in the notice; and

(b) where words are both shown in capital letters and underlined in any statement specified in a Schedule to these Regulations, they shall be afforded yet more prominence.

© The wording in any such statement shall be reproduced in the notice without any alteration or addition, and in relation to any statement to be contained in the notice the requirements of any note shall be complied with, except that the words "the creditor" may be replaced by the name of the creditor, by the expression by which he is referred to in the agreement or by an appropriate pronoun, and any consequential changes to pronouns and verbs may be used.

9. The notice fails to include the following statement in the form as shown

"IF THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH

10. Also the notice fails to set out the statement as set out below

"IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN THE FURTHER ACTION SET OUT BELOW MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU [OR A SURETY]"

11. The statements referred to in points 46 & 47 are laid out in schedule 2 of Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561)

12. For a creditor to be entitled to terminate a regulated credit agreement where there is a breach, demand repayment in full or take any legal action to recover any monies due under the agreement, a creditor must serve a Default Notice under section 87(1) CCA 1974 which states

(1) Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a "default notice ") is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,-

(a) to terminate the agreement, or

(b) to demand earlier payment of any sum, or

© to recover possession of any goods or land, or

(d) to treat any right conferred on the debtor or hirer by the agreement as terminated, restricted or deferred, or

(e)to enforce any security.

13. I note the opening part of section 88(1), which states

88. Contents and effect of default notice.

- (1) The default notice must be in the prescribed form.......

The word must makes it clear that no variation is acceptable. Therefore it cannot be dispensed with as a De Minimus issue

14. I note that the regulations do not allow any variation in the form of these statements and there fore it is suggested that where the statements are not as laid down in the regulations the default notice is rendered invalid as a consequence

15. In the case of Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain & Co - [1998] All ER (D) 339 in the Court of Appeal, the court addressed in some detail the issue of the contents of a default notice and should the notice fail to comply with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) it would render the default notice invalid I quote the comment of KENNEDY LJ: "This statute was plainly enacted to protect consumers, most of whom are likely to be individuals" the judgment appears confirm the consumer credit legislation made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as plainly enacted and set out to offer protection to the consumer. Therefore it is suggested that the failure of the claimant to set out the default notice in accordance with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) could unduly prejudice me as it failed to allow the required time to remedy the default

16. The claimants failure to issue a valid default notice must surely prevent a right of action and would make any termination of the agreement unlawful as statute provides the procedure that must be followed and since the claimant has failed to adhere to statutory procedure it is averred that the claimant does not have a right of action

17. the only default issued to the defendant was on the 29/12/2008 for £653.00, those arrears were cleared by 24/06/2008. arrears again occured and no new default notice was served between january 2008 and jan 2009 when the claiment terminated the agreement.

18. the consumer credit agreement has been terminated unlawfully by the claiment

Statement of Truth

I believe the above statement to be true and factual

Signed …………………

ok people

this is a very rough draft

add to it or shoot it down

has to be right in the next 24 hours

meny thanks

Edited by postggj

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question for the site team

a default notice was issued, a non compliant one last year, the arrears wee paid off

the car was repo and no new default notice was sent

this court action has been started with out a new default notice,

now with court action, the account has been terminated, so what about the agreement side of things, there is now no agreement,

see what ime getting at

no default notice so how can only the arrears up to the default notice be paid being the original default notice was not only flawed, but the arrears were cleared

no worries

ill have it finished by morning

its just a rough draft and thank a few caggers for there work

ill be on tommorow about 1 so send it to the court by special del last thing tommorow

ill give the nod when finished

I have done the figures but have also noticed the loan agreement.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/191799-finance-u-ltd-car.html#post2074262

The figures on the agreement DO NOT ADD up.

It also has interest @ 24.68

but APR @ 28.4

I'll post the charges up in a min.

Jogs

this is urgent

need to get this into the defence today

any sugestions people

In the xxxxxxxx

County Court

Claim number

Between

xxxxxxxxxxx- Claimant

and

- Defendant

Defence

1. I xxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxxxxxxxx am the defendant in this action and make the following statement as my defence to the claim made by xxxxxxxxxxxx

2. On the 29/01/2008 I received a document purporting to be a default notice, it is averred that the document is not compliant with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 or Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and as a result has no effect in law. The reasons of which will be set out below under the heading Default Notice

Default notice

3. it is submitted that the default notice served under s87 (1) Consumer credit act 1974 failed to comply with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561)

4. I note that the claimants particulars of claim fail to even acknowledge service a Default notice as required by section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 before the claimant can even consider terminating the agreement or demanding repayment in full

5. I refer to the date of the letter as being the 29/01/2008; it is denied that the Default notice was received on the 29/01/2008 thus not allowing the prescribed time frame required by the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) which states, Regulation 2(2) schedule 2

Details of breach of agreement and action required to remedy, or pay compensation for, the breach

(b) the nature of the alleged breach of the agreement, specifying clearly the matters complained of; and either

© if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which that action is to be taken; or

(d) if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which it is to be paid.

6. Fourteen days were not allowed between service of the default and the time laid out where the alleged breach needed to be remedied. I therefore put the claimant to strict proof as to the date of service of said document

7. In addition to the failure of the default notice to allow the prescribed time frame, I note the Default is also deficient in the following areas

8. Section 2 (5) and (6) of the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 sets out the following

(5) Where any statement is required to be in a form specified in a Schedule to these Regulations and is reproduced in the notice, then apart from any heading to the notice, trade names or names of parties to the agreement-

(a) the lettering in the statement shall be afforded more prominence (whether by capital letters, underlining, large or bold print or otherwise) than any other lettering in the notice; and

(b) where words are both shown in capital letters and underlined in any statement specified in a Schedule to these Regulations, they shall be afforded yet more prominence.

© The wording in any such statement shall be reproduced in the notice without any alteration or addition, and in relation to any statement to be contained in the notice the requirements of any note shall be complied with, except that the words "the creditor" may be replaced by the name of the creditor, by the expression by which he is referred to in the agreement or by an appropriate pronoun, and any consequential changes to pronouns and verbs may be used.

"IF THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH

"IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN THE FURTHER ACTION SET OUT BELOW MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU [OR A SURETY]"

11. The statements referred to in points 46 & 47 are laid out in schedule 2 of Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561)

12. For a creditor to be entitled to terminate a regulated credit agreement where there is a breach, demand repayment in full or take any legal action to recover any monies due under the agreement, a creditor must serve a Default Notice under section 87(1) CCA 1974 which states

(1) Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a "default notice ") is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,-

(d) to treat any right conferred on the debtor or hirer by the agreement as terminated, restricted or deferred, or

The word must makes it clear that no variation is acceptable. Therefore it cannot be dispensed with as a De Minimus issue

14. I note that the regulations do not allow any variation in the form of these statements and there fore it is suggested that where the statements are not as laid down in the regulations the default notice is rendered invalid as a consequence

15. In the case of Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain & Co - [1998] All ER (D) 339 in the Court of Appeal, the court addressed in some detail the issue of the contents of a default notice and should the notice fail to comply with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) it would render the default notice invalid I quote the comment of KENNEDY LJ: "This statute was plainly enacted to protect consumers, most of whom are likely to be individuals" the judgment appears confirm the consumer credit legislation made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as plainly enacted and set out to offer protection to the consumer. Therefore it is suggested that the failure of the claimant to set out the default notice in accordance with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) could unduly prejudice me as it failed to allow the required time to remedy the default

16. The claimants failure to issue a valid default notice must surely prevent a right of action and would make any termination of the agreement unlawful as statute provides the procedure that must be followed and since the claimant has failed to adhere to statutory procedure it is averred that the claimant does not have a right of action

Summary

17. Throughout the course of the Agreement, the Claimant has added numerous default charges to the Account for the Defendants failure to make the minimum payment on the due date. (Full particulars are set out in schedule 2).

6. The default charges were applied in accordance with the standard terms of The Agreement which were:

a). A penalty payable on breach of contract and thus unenforceable: and or

b) An unfair term under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 ("The Regulations") and therefore not binding on the Defendant.

18. I submit that I have the right of equitable set-off of these charges against the claim made by the Claimant.

The Charges

19. CHARGES IF YOU BREAK THIS AGREEMENT (need to say where this comes from)

20 repossessing the goods.

21 If any amount due from you is not received by its due date we can (without affecting any of our other rights) require you to pay us interest on that amount until it is received both before and after any judgement at a rate equivalent to the APR shown on page one.

22 If you fail to pay a repayment shown on page one under the heading ‘YOUR REPAYMENTS’ then we may charge you a fee of £25 after you have been in arrears for at least 9 days and a further fee of £25 after you have been in arrears for at least 19 days. If after that you remain in arrears for this repayment or for subsequent repayments, then we may charge you a further fee of £30 per month for each month or part month that you remain in arrears. If you pay by cheque and this is returned unpaid by your bank we may charge you a fee of £15. We may change these fees by giving you two months prior written notice.

Penalty

23. The Charges were payable on breach of contract by the Defendant.

24. The amount of the Charges exceeded any genuine pre-estimate of the damage which would have been suffered by the Bank in relation to the Defendants transgressions.

25. In the premises the Charges were punitive and a penalty and thus unenforceable at common law.

The Regulations

26. At all material times the Defendant was a consumer within the Regulations.

27. At all material times the terms of the Agreement providing for the Charges were unfair within regulation 5 of the Regulations in that contrary to the requirement of good faith they caused a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations to the detriment of the Defendant.

28. Without prejudice to the burden of proof, the Defendant will refer to the following matters in support of the contention that the terms are to be assessed as unfair as at the time of the conclusion of the Agreement, and of each revision to the Standard Terms.

(1)The terms relating to Charges were standard terms; they would not be individually negotiated.

(2)The Charges were a penalty for breach of contract.

(3)The Charges exceeded the costs which the Bank could have expected to incur in dealing with the exceeding of the credit limit, late payment or returned payment.

(4) Accordingly the Charges were a disproportionate charge incurred by the Defendant for their failure to meet their contractual obligation and thus within the ambit of Schedule 2 (1) (e) of the Regulations and indicative of an unfair term.

(5) As the Claimant knew, the Charges were of subsidiary importance to the customer in the context of the Agreement as a whole and would not influence the making of the Agreement.

(6) As the Claimant knew, the Defendant had no means of assessing the fairness of the Charges.

(7) In the premises, the effect of the Charges would be prejudicial to the customer who incurred them, and cause an imbalance in the relations of the parties to the Agreement by subordinating the customer’s interests to those of the Claimant in a way which was inequitable.

15. Without prejudice to the burden of proof, the Defendant will contend that the terms imposing the Charges are not core terms under regulation 6 of the Regulations and relies on the following matters.

(1) The assessment of fairness does not relate to terms which define the main or core subject matter of the Agreement.

(2) The assessment of fairness does not relate to the adequacy of the price or remuneration as against the goods or services supplied in exchange (in other words, whether or not the relevant services were value for money).

(3) The Charges are correctly described as default charges by the Claimant in the published tariff of charges.

29. By reason of the said matters the terms were not binding under regulation 8 of the Regulations.

30. The Claimant wrongly applied Charges to the Account totaling some £371.82between [18/03/2005] and [21/05/2008]. Particulars appear from Schedule 2.

The claimant therefore claims

(1) A declaration that the sums totaling £[ 371.82] have wrongly been applied to the Account

(2) Payment of the said sum of £[371.82 ] and interest of [£25.88] applied by the Claimant thereon.

(3) Interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of payment of the Charge to date in the sum of £[397.70 ], and at the daily rate of [ 8% ] until judgment or Set-off.

THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING (OFT TEST CASE)

1. this defence does not relate to overdraft charges on a bank current account. it is therefore not affected by the current oft test case recently heard in the high court on the applicability of the unfair terms in consumer contract regulations (UTCCR) and should be allowed to proceed to its natural conclusion through the court.

2.Hire Purchase charges differ from current account charges in that they relate to a clear breach of contract and this is shown in the Claimant’s own terms and conditions.

3.Furthermore, as there is a clear breach of contract, there is no question as to whether or not the UTCCR applies as it has already been held to apply to default provisions by the House of Lords in Director General of Fair Trading v First National Bank [2001] UKHL 52.

I believe that the facts stated in these particulars are true.

Signed

again

just a rough draft with a few more additions needed

comments people

Edited by postggj

In the xxxxxxxx

County Court

Claim number

Between

xxxxxxxxxxx- Claimant

and

- Defendant

Defence

Default notice

Summary

17. Throughout the course of the Agreement, the Claimant has added numerous default charges to the Account for the Defendants failure to make the minimum payment on the due date. (Full particulars are set out in schedule 2).

6. The default charges were applied in accordance with the standard terms of The Agreement which were:

a). A penalty payable on breach of contract and thus unenforceable: and or

b) An unfair term under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 ("The Regulations") and therefore not binding on the Defendant.

18. I submit that I have the right of equitable set-off of these charges against the claim made by the Claimant.

The Charges

19. CHARGES IF YOU BREAK THIS AGREEMENT

see exhibit (1)

Penalty

20. The Charges were payable on breach of contract by the Defendant.

21. The amount of the Charges exceeded any genuine pre-estimate of the damage which would have been suffered by the Bank in relation to the Defendants transgressions.

22. In the premises the Charges were punitive and a penalty and thus unenforceable at common law.

The Regulations

23. At all material times the Defendant was a consumer within the Regulations.

24. At all material times the terms of the Agreement providing for the Charges were unfair within regulation 5 of the Regulations in that contrary to the requirement of good faith they caused a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations to the detriment of the Defendant.

25. Without prejudice to the burden of proof, the Defendant will refer to the following matters in support of the contention that the terms are to be assessed as unfair as at the time of the conclusion of the Agreement, and of each revision to the Standard Terms.

(1)The terms relating to Charges were standard terms; they would not be individually negotiated.

(2)The Charges were a penalty for breach of contract.

(3)The Charges exceeded the costs which the Bank could have expected to incur in dealing with the exceeding of the credit limit, late payment or returned payment.

(4) Accordingly the Charges were a disproportionate charge incurred by the Defendant for their failure to meet their contractual obligation and thus within the ambit of Schedule 2 (1) (e) of the Regulations and indicative of an unfair term.

(5) As the Claimant knew, the Charges were of subsidiary importance to the customer in the context of the Agreement as a whole and would not influence the making of the Agreement.

(6) As the Claimant knew, the Defendant had no means of assessing the fairness of the Charges.

(7) In the premises, the effect of the Charges would be prejudicial to the customer who incurred them, and cause an imbalance in the relations of the parties to the Agreement by subordinating the customer’s interests to those of the Claimant in a way which was inequitable.

15. Without prejudice to the burden of proof, the Defendant will contend that the terms imposing the Charges are not core terms under regulation 6 of the Regulations and relies on the following matters.

(1) The assessment of fairness does not relate to terms which define the main or core subject matter of the Agreement.

(2) The assessment of fairness does not relate to the adequacy of the price or remuneration as against the goods or services supplied in exchange (in other words, whether or not the relevant services were value for money).

(3) The Charges are correctly described as default charges by the Claimant in the published tariff of charges.

26. By reason of the said matters the terms were not binding under regulation 8 of the Regulations.

27. The Claimant wrongly applied Charges to the Account totaling some £228.73 between [12/03/2005] and [31/07/2007].

THE CLAIMENT THREFORE CLAIMS

(1) A declaration that the sums totaling £[ 228.73] have wrongly been applied to the Account

(2) Payment of the said sum of £[228.73 ] applied by the Claimant thereon.

(3) Interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of payment of the Charge to date in the sum of £[228.73 ], and at the daily rate of [ 8% ] until judgment or Set-off.

THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING (OFT TEST CASE)

1. this defence does not relate to overdraft charges on a bank current account. it is therefore not affected by the current oft test case recently heard in the high court on the applicability of the unfair terms in consumer contract regulations (UTCCR) and should be allowed to proceed to its natural conclusion through the court.

2.Hire Purchase charges differ from current account charges in that they relate to a clear breach of contract and this is shown in the Claimant’s own terms and conditions.

3.Furthermore, as there is a clear breach of contract, there is no question as to whether or not the UTCCR applies as it has already been held to apply to default provisions by the House of Lords in Director General of Fair Trading v First National Bank [2001] UKHL 52.

I believe that the facts stated in these particulars are true.

Signed

STILL NEED COMMENTS ON THE INTEREST RATE AND APR

I THOUGHT THE APR WAS DEVIDED BY 12 TO GET THE INTEREST RATE

Edited by postggj

We Realy Do Need To Include The Difference Between The Apr And Interest Rate

I Dont Have The Relevent Explanation For That So I Sugest We Leave It For One More Night

The Defence Has To Be In By Friday So You Can Drop It Into The Court Or Send By Special Delievery Tomorrow

We Just Need To Iron Out The Last Of The Bugs

Is That Ok With You

I have done the figures but have also noticed the loan agreement.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/191799-finance-u-ltd-car.html#post2074262

The figures on the agreement DO NOT ADD up.

It also has interest @ 24.68

but APR @ 28.4

I'll post the charges up in a min.

Jogs

I REALY NEED SOME HELP ON THIS

ANY TAKERS

hi mpwayjose

if we cant get hold of stephen, fill in your name and claim number etc, cut and pates, and get it sent to the court today

we can deal with this later and ask permission to alter poc

but the defence needs to go today

Print Off Two Pages Of The Defence

Make Sure One Is In Your Name And One The Other Half

Staple Each One To The N1 Claim Forms And Return To The Court In The Same Envelope

That Way Only One Special Delievery Is Needed

its allright

yes deleate see exhibit 1

and the claiment claims

this was once used for the plaintiff

and now has to be ammended for defendant

yes change the dates and ammounts also also

the main thing is to get the defence sent off today

these minor things can be ironed out later

dont want you to get a ccj by default

meny thanks for keeping me on my toes though:-)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

nowayjose

no panic on this

after the defence goes in, everybody gets an aq

the only difference is, they have to pay, not you

if they dont pay this fee, the claim will be struck out

they are still pondering on the defence, prob did not like it very much

shame

there is a thread on guidence on filling out an aq

ill ask to get it posted or we will deal with it over the weekend

no wories, its just going through the motions this

you dont have to return a copy of the aq to the claiment, only the court. remember, recorded delievery, if handing in. that will be fine as they will record it.

the next step will be if they respond to the aq

when you are in court ask if they have sent it back.

it will cost them i believe now 200 quid for this aq.

if they have not returned the aq, we go for strike out.

if they do return and every thing is in order there will be a hearing to determine what track the claim be allocated to

small claims under five grand

then its fast track over 5 grand

once that has been done the judge will allocate a trial date

stick at it

not long now, it will soon end

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks