Unfair treament by NEXT PLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Wanted to share this and see if anyone could give me some advice to where I stand.

I have had a Next account for a long time, and have spent thousands with them. A couple of years ago I started using my next account as a credit building exercise, buying bits and bobs and making sure I payed them every month.

I check my credit report regularly and at the beginning of this year was shocked to see the Next had said I had made a late payment for month November last year. I was sure I hadn't missed, so I checked all my statements, sure enough a payment went out of my account every month. When I phoned them to enquire, and prove I hadn't missed, they told me that Novembers payment was 2 days too early (i payed on 6th November, their November statement starts 8th) so was included on October's statement. Despite my utter refusal to accept this, they told 'computer says no' and wouldn't budge. I contacted Experian who in turn contacted Next, still they wouldn't budge. :evil:

I'm fuming about this, it seems so unfair. And besides they are holding incorrect information about me on my credit report, saying Novembers payment was late, when really it was early. I am been a good customer and being punished!

I am going ring them back, but thought I'd get some views on this and where I stand.

Many thanks in advance.

You are right. Not only is it completely unfair, it is startling in its stupidity.

Why did the payment go out early? Was it a direct debit or what?

I made the payment via online bank transfer each month. This was a remnant from when Next didn't do Direct Debits or accept my card. I have since set up a direct debit to make sure this doesn't happen again. However, I wasn't aware that this could happen! Its just common sense, if you pay in November, you expect that payment to be deducted from November's statement. I don't know here I stand legally with this, I wouldn't mind knowing this before I go back to them because so far they are refusing to budge.

But did it happen because you made the transfer early or what. You aren't explaining why the payment was made early

Ok. sorry, I made the payments using online bank transfer each month, some months it may have been on 16th, the next month on the 10th, usually as soon as I remembered to do it. This payment was made earlier than the others just because I had a lot of outgoings that month so I wanted it out of the way. They said their statements started 2 days after I made the payment. It just so happen I hadn't payed that early before.

Technically the creditor are correct.

Here is what happened:

Next produced Octobers statement

You made a payment

You made a payment again

Next producted Novembers statement

You didn't make a payment

Next produced Decembers statement

You made a payment

As far as NEXT are concerned from the time that they producted the November statement to the time they produced the December statement, you didn't make a payment, and they have told Experian of this. From what you have said, this is true.

Experian only hold facts about you and that is a fact.

It won't happen again as you have a DD set up - by the way has this actually had a big impact on your credit score?

I don't think it will affect my score so badly. I understand how that record of a late payment came to be. Its just this frustrates the hell out of me because I didn't pay late, I paid early. This information is saying this guy pays late, and I don't!

NEXT still got their money and when I ask if they would mind amending the record they shut the door in my face.

Hi all,

Wanted to share this and see if anyone could give me some advice to where I stand.

I have had a Next account for a long time, and have spent thousands with them. A couple of years ago I started using my next account as a credit building exercise, buying bits and bobs and making sure I payed them every month.

I check my credit report regularly and at the beginning of this year was shocked to see the Next had said I had made a late payment for month November last year. I was sure I hadn't missed, so I checked all my statements, sure enough a payment went out of my account every month. When I phoned them to enquire, and prove I hadn't missed, they told me that Novembers payment was 2 days too early (i payed on 6th November, their November statement starts 8th) so was included on October's statement. Despite my utter refusal to accept this, they told 'computer says no' and wouldn't budge. I contacted Experian who in turn contacted Next, still they wouldn't budge. :evil:

I'm fuming about this, it seems so unfair. And besides they are holding incorrect information about me on my credit report, saying Novembers payment was late, when really it was early. I am been a good customer and being punished!

I am going ring them back, but thought I'd get some views on this and where I stand.

Many thanks in advance.

This happened to me also. I sent a strongly worded Email to the CEO and it was rectified within a week.

Here is the address you need:

"Wolfson, Simon"

Thanks! I'm so annoyed with them at this I'm going to come from a few angles. I'll send him an Email, I'm also sending a letter to their Data Controller, if that doesn't get me any results I'm complaining to the ICO on Data Protection grounds.

• 1 month later...
Thanks! I'm so annoyed with them at this I'm going to come from a few angles. I'll send him an Email, I'm also sending a letter to their Data Controller, if that doesn't get me any results I'm complaining to the ICO on Data Protection grounds.

Did you have any luck?