mortgage Payment Protection (MPPI)?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've recently been thinking about getting some mortgage payment protection insurance due to worsening recession (as far as I know my job is safe cool.gif but you never know) to protect my home and my family if I am made made redundant. Now for the problem, I have a done a fair amount of research on the topic and it would seem british insurance, CPP direct & protection on line are the best accident sickness and unemployment (ASU) insurers for MPPI but I found this website:

www.mortgage-paymentprotection.com

which has some very useful tips on the types of cover supplied by MPPI but at the same time they also introduce income payment protection as a good alternative (as does a channel 4 artical on the website) which can be apparently extended to include mortgages (but this seems unnecessary since the payment is tax free and designed to support your lifestyle which I guess would include your mortgage). Now I'm a little confused as to which I should go for confused.gif. Does anybody have any real world experience of either? Could you confirm weather income payment protection needs to be extended to cover a mortgage? In addition to this there has been talk of increasing premiums associated with mortgage payment protection due to increase in the number of claims. Does anybody know if this also impacts income payment protection? The website I found has a nice little comparison table on it and I'm tempted to just go through them and get some quotes (its free afterall smile.gif) ....any advice?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice that can be offered.

Regards,

J.

Hi all,

I've recently been thinking about getting some mortgage payment protection insurance due to worsening recession (as far as I know my job is safe cool.gif but you never know) to protect my home and my family if I am made made redundant. Now for the problem, I have a done a fair amount of research on the topic and it would seem british insurance, CPP direct & protection on line are the best accident sickness and unemployment (ASU) insurers for MPPI but I found this website:

www.mortgage-paymentprotection.com

which has some very useful tips on the types of cover supplied by MPPI but at the same time they also introduce income payment protection as a good alternative (as does a channel 4 artical on the website) which can be apparently extended to include mortgages (but this seems unnecessary since the payment is tax free and designed to support your lifestyle which I guess would include your mortgage). Now I'm a little confused as to which I should go for confused.gif. Does anybody have any real world experience of either? Could you confirm weather income payment protection needs to be extended to cover a mortgage? In addition to this there has been talk of increasing premiums associated with mortgage payment protection due to increase in the number of claims. Does anybody know if this also impacts income payment protection? The website I found has a nice little comparison table on it and I'm tempted to just go through them and get some quotes (its free afterall smile.gif) ....any advice?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice that can be offered.

Regards,

J.

Nobody got anything at all? No experience with the different types of insurance or the providers? Hope somebody can help.

Regards,

J.