style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my husband had a visit today from a baliff from PHILIPS , basicially they handed him a REMOVAL NOTICE . And he also said that we have to pay £182.43 by lunch today (which we havent got as we are on jsa)

or he will send a report back saying that we havent paid that amount and then he will call anytime with a locksmith and take our goods

(btw the amount above is not the full amount and no repayment arrangements have been made)

And also my husband has not signed anything from these baliffs , no wpo has been done on our goods .

any advice please????????????

Hi my husband had a visit today from a baliff from PHILIPS , basicially they handed him a REMOVAL NOTICE .

It doesn't mean anything

he also said that we have to pay £182.43 by lunch today (which we havent got as we are on jsa)

That doesn't mean anything either and as you are on benefits you should be asking the council to take the account back - I'll post a template letter you can email/post to the bailiffs with a copy to the council, your councillor and your MP.

he will send a report back saying that we havent paid that amount and then he will call anytime with a locksmith and take our goods

Doesn't mean anything, unless you've got it on tape or have a reliable witness - then he's in trouble for telling porkies.

the amount above is not the full amount and no repayment arrangements have been made

Well I would start making payments direct online to the council - say £3 a week without fail starting now.

my husband has not signed anything from these baliffs

Quite right.

Now stop talking to them, and communicate only in writing/email if they visit again, don't even acknowledge their presence.

You did say it was for council tax didn't you?

hi thanks chris:)

yes it is for council tax from about 2002 , my husband was living at another property at the time , not the one we are in now .

another thing he wanted to know is that the bill is in his name and also his ex wifes (she was at the property at the time)

should she be made to pay some of the amount if you understand me ??

hi thanks chris:)

another thing he wanted to know is that the bill is in his name and also his ex wifes (she was at the property at the time)

should she be made to pay some of the amount if you understand me ??

Well I've got bad news for both of them - there will be an equal bill for each of them.

That was the whole point of the poll tax. Beforehand the rates were payable by the owner of the building but some little old ladys living in castles objected because they felt it was unfair on them when there were loads of "lucky" people sharing a house between them.

will the council accept £3 a week:confused:

not if you ask them, just don't ask - do it online and they won't refuse the money, plus it will show good faith on your part until you can get the council to take the account back

• Haha 1