Mbna (still Down)

silly idiot boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really confused, I am in the process of trying to sort my finances out, as well as my depressed head, and looking through my credit card statements in the loft I have found my MBNA statements.

My original MBNA statements have a different account number to the one that is behind in payments now, I'm not sure whether I lost the card or whether MBNA changed it? this change of account number dates back to December 2005.

I am in the process of trying to sort out the best course of action, as I have missed 1 payment, and the next will be missed tomorrow, I have cancelled the DD, and put in what I could afford £10.

If I send a CCA request, what account number should I be looking for, I'm really in a muddle, and still feel so depressed about the situation, btw the original credit limit was £1500, my balance now is £4599, I have never asked for the credit limit to be increased!!

Received a massive pack from Debtline which I am trying to get to grips with, just feel that I have left things too late, and cant get out of this mess, (original posting in effects on health).

If you use the reference no. on your latest statement that should be o.k, but if you want 'belt & braces' use both, it's up to them to sort out which is which.

Depending on what you receive back determines what your next course of action will be. If it is an unenforceable agreement you can stop any further payments anyway. If it is enforceable you can send a SAR to determine whether there are any unfair charges you can claim back over the past six years.

Thankyou, just really worried now, just sick, struggling to cope, especially when I sit down and actually read the letter, maybe I should have paid them more, but I could't just couldn't afford it, really wish I had some inner strength at the moment, so tired and down.

I know it's easier to say than do but you musn't let it get you down. You can only pay your creditors what you can afford. Even in the rare event that a creditor applies for a CCJ a judge would only order you to pay what he thinks you can reasonably afford after taking your income and expenditure into account, and that could be as little as £1 per month.

You are now taking control of the situation and trying to see which debts are enforceable and which are not. Obviously those that aren't can be binned & that will give you more time and resources to fix the others. Don't worry, now you've found this site the members will give you all the help, advice and support you need. We've all been in your situation one way or another so understand your feelings, but remember there is light at the end of the tunnel. It may seem far off at the moment but as everyday passes it will get nearer.

Have a look around the site and see how many success stories there are. O.K, sometimes it has been a hard slog, but there has always been a solution. It's a happy little family on here, over 211,000 members, so we must be doing something right, although there have been some sad stories there is a lot of humour as well so join in. ;)

Thanks again, seems so draining, i'l post it in a mo, going to tackle my mess one step at a time, hope there will be some light at the end of the tunnel, after all, if banks can be billions in debt, the country in trillions, then maybe it is not all so bad!

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone from the site team put idiot silly boys threads together they seem to be the same:grin:

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing