Welcome finance PPI advised i was not eligible!!! HELP **STILL WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys refund applied back to Welcome finance HQ but, have to wait til month end for it to be applied to my account. [Question is seems Welcome has not been straight about whether they will refund the interest or not totallign £757 but, i hav advised the branch that when refund is applied month end at invoicing IF the interest is NOT refunded in FULL i will be making a county court claim without hesitation]. I advised you guys i also had charges that made no sense and where not noted what they were applied for whether interests or fees this remains unknown, can i ask for a full refund of the unknown charges or threaten to make a court claim for the figure? should i start the unfair charges now or after they've completed the ppi?

WF PPI Claim WON :grin:

Incl.8% INTEREST etc total £2231 SETTLED 4wks! :wink:

• 1 month later...

brilliant news guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RECEIVED PPI CLAIM IN FULL + 8% INTEREST AS DEMANDED BEFORE I EVEN THOUGHT OF MAKING A COURT CLAIM. TOTAL TIME TO RESOLVE FROM COMPLAINT 4weeks!! long weeks!!!

11 MARCH 2009 LETTER SENT, 25 MARCH ACNKNOWLEDGED WITH RESOLUTION DATE OF 12 MAY 2009. RESOLVED 14 APRIL SPOKE TO HEAD OFFICE AT NOTTINGHAM today 21 APRIL, ADVISED MORE THAN PPI REFUNDED + COMPENSATION IN THE FORM OF 8% INTEREST = TOTAL ABOUT £2200 OR SO CAN'T REMMEBER NOW EXACT AMOUNT....WAITING FOR REFUND 'FINAL RESPONSE LETTER' SENT OUT 16TH APRIL, CHECKED WITH BRANCH ACCOUNT BALANCE ADVISED AND PROVED £2300 LESS!!!! AM VERY VERY VERY HAPPY YOU GUYS HELPED AND MOTIVATED ME TO NOT GIVE UP THIS FORUM GAVE ME THE MOTIVE TO DO IT FEARLESSLY!!!!!!!!!

[right finally i have a few charges they aplied which make no sense so will make sure i go to this last one then i am finished with them]

;) i must be honest didn't realise i'd get this money back in full plus interest, i am pleased! Thanks guys.

Ps. attached INITIAL letter from DG and will attach refund letter from Welcome tomorow, gotta go, be back soon!

"http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/MADHAFU/dg.jpg" border="0" alt="Direct Group letter">

Edited by Madhafu
direct group letter attached

brilliant news guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RECEIVED PPI CLAIM IN FULL + 8% INTEREST AS DEMANDED BEFORE I EVEN THOUGHT OF MAKING A COURT CLAIM. TOTAL TIME TO RESOLVE FROM COMPLAINT 4weeks!! long weeks!!!

11 MARCH 2009 LETTER SENT, 25 MARCH ACNKNOWLEDGED WITH RESOLUTION DATE OF 12 MAY 2009. RESOLVED 14 APRIL SPOKE TO HEAD OFFICE AT NOTTINGHAM today 21 APRIL, ADVISED MORE THAN PPI REFUNDED + COMPENSATION IN THE FORM OF 8% INTEREST = TOTAL ABOUT £2200 OR SO CAN'T REMMEBER NOW EXACT AMOUNT....WAITING FOR REFUND 'FINAL RESPONSE LETTER' SENT OUT 16TH APRIL, CHECKED WITH BRANCH ACCOUNT BALANCE ADVISED AND PROVED £2300 LESS!!!! AM VERY VERY VERY HAPPY YOU GUYS HELPED AND MOTIVATED ME TO NOT GIVE UP THIS FORUM GAVE ME THE MOTIVE TO DO IT FEARLESSLY!!!!!!!!!

[right finally i have a few charges they aplied which make no sense so will make sure i go to this last one then i am finished with them]

:wink: i must be honest didn't realise i'd get this money back in full plus interest, i am pleased! Thanks guys.

Ps. attached INITIAL letter from DG and will attach refund letter from Welcome tomorow, gotta go, be back soon!

"http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/MADHAFU/dg.jpg" border="0" alt="Direct Group letter">

Well Done:D

Please remember to add to the PPI successes thread in the stickies at the top of the forum and if you would like a **Won** on your thread title just let me know

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Well Done:D

Please remember to add to the PPI successes thread in the stickies at the top of the forum and if you would like a **Won** on your thread title just let me know

aa

hey alanalana THANK YOU..pls add the Won on my title thread for me thank you ;) not sure how to do the stickie thing pls advise new @ this xx

at the top of the forum is a sticky called PPI successes all you have to do is post a thread with a copy of your thread title if you have trouble I can do this for you

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello madhafu,

your thread is in the ppi successes in the stickies now:D

Well done again

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

thanks, just a final flag on this matter before finally moving on to other things ;)

finally, however pls note their letter does NOT admit fault instead sees it as a goodwill gesture?!!? including the 8% statutory interest i was going to charge them..and it's ALL a goodwill gesture huh!? i'm grateful this battle is over they cheated us, it was unfair and unlawful. also, they must be dealing with a few complaints last paragraph says ... if your client wants to proceed to FOS huh?! yeah how am i my own client? lol gotta see the humour to these chimps ;)

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/MADHAFU/WFPPIREFUND.jpg

You take them to the Ombudsman. However, does anyone know if anyone has had PPI refunded by Welcome e.g. is there a successful outcome at all?

Miss Disgraced,

IF you haven't read my thread well I WON!! WELCOME HASREFUNDED THE PPI IN FULL + 8% statutory INTEREST as per my letter without the need for Court intervention OR Ombudsman.

Have you got a complaint with them already for PPI?

x

Edited by Madhafu
ps. if u need any help we're all here x

that is amazing considering how unethical they are that you got a refund with going through the ombudsman? I have sent the template letters by recorded post and got a letter back from them which basically stated I had signed an Agreement so not entitled to any refund. I believe the Ombudsman must be the next step. Well done though! congratulations to you

that is amazing considering how unethical they are that you got a refund with going through the ombudsman? I have sent the template letters by recorded post and got a letter back from them which basically stated I had signed an Agreement so not entitled to any refund. I believe the Ombudsman must be the next step. Well done though! congratulations to you

No, i didn't go thru the Ombudsman either or the court either the whole complaint and refund took 4weeks to resolve, trust me the letter i sent was 3 pages long, explaining and expressing how serious you are and a detailed notation of the vents taht took place wen u were sold teh ppi would be ideal, even names of pple if u remember, as i think they have now got a bit smarter at saying no, so wen i did mine i worked hard on my letter for over a week and finally sent it and i also rung direct group complaining every week until they advised they had refunded the policy then it was left to welcome to refund the interest etc.. i threatened both of them weekly with court action although i ddnt know wat exactly i'd do to them thru court if it got to that.. dnt give in fight cos it feels good to win something that belongs to you ;) why dnt u paste in ur letter or send in a new letter further to that one or a LBA?

who are the FOS? I might try that route then

hiya, fos is the finnancial ombudsman service ;(

i didn't use them OR anyone just took advise from the forum and did my 3 page letter, had u requested for a SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST in the first instance? because if u had and looked at all teh information tehy hold about you, then you would know how to struture your letter, u need to upload ur letter on your thread and ask for help or comments maybe changin your letter and points raised will get some action from them, did u have it insured by direct group?!

• 2 months later...

Adding My Final Post I Think To My Thread, Received A Letter From Welcome Finance Advising They Have Refunded A Further ***£389*** In Charges That Were Raised On The Account Due To The Arrears. Charges Which I Complained About After I Received The Ppi Refund, It Took Them Almost 2 Months But, I Had Kept Quiet This Time Hoping ;) To Just Just Buy Me A Small Claim Pack & Begin Court Action As I Had Pre-warned Them Due To Their Already Shown Unprofessional Behaviour I Will Commence Court Action Without Further Warning After 8weeks, So 7weeks Later A Nice Letter And A Credit To The Account!! I Am So Pleased And I Know It Takes Time And Hard Work To Get Anything Out Of Them Of All Pple But, It's Worth It In The End!! Thanks To Everyone Who Helped Me Since I First Posted This Thread!! Xx

well the Ombudsman found in my favour and outlined what they expected Welcome to do with a deadline date, guess what Welcome have missed the deadline and not contacted me at all! so I get in touch with the Ombudsman as directed by them and I get an email saying "welcome are working on contacting you and will be in touch shortly" ???? what is the point of the Ombudsman setting a deadline if when that deadline is missed they dont insist Welcome respond!! makes me wonder how sharp the teeth of the Ombudsman are or if in fact they wear falsies???

• 4 weeks later...
Im in thw same boat, so the word of the FOS is not set in stone and Welcome can still not pay out regardless what the FOS says.

Regards and glad ya won.

The Financial Ombudsman Service is a service that looks at both sides of the story they are there to adjudicate on a Financial disagreement between a complainant and whoever they complain against. They will gather information from both sides, assess the case and them make an adjudication. If the adjudication is not accepted then the case will go before the ombudsman for a final decision.

Please read up on this on the FOS website linked here.....

Links that may help with your claim for Mis-sold PPI

Financial Ombudsman Service

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-insurance.pdf

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from