style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

We had central heating put in last year in the property...nice and warm at last although i managed 3 years without it...anyways, rent was increased accordingly so now im paying more rent and another bill..lol

My question is this....we had a leak from the ceiling in the week...plumber came to check heating as wasnt sure what or where it was from..he said heating was fine and that it was overflow from toilet...he had a fiddle for abit and then went...dripping stopped so back to normal...however yesterday noticed water on ceiling...dripping now and then but badly bowing!! Phoned letting agency again and they sent someone out. He said it was bad and when he made a small hole it came out like a tap. He found the leak and it was the overflow pipe...plumbers had cut through it but also it was blocked..iv never seen any water come out of it since iv been here which is 4years nearly. anyways,....some of the ceiling as come down earlier...nice big hole and a wet and dirty livingroom...settee...curtains!!! Am i responsible to claim on my insurance or is the landlord/letting agency responsible? Because of the plumbers they asked to do the work had cut through said pipe?? where do i satnd with this...the water is stagnant and settee very wet...not sure it can be just cleaned and dried..its leather also.....would really appreciate some advice on this before landlord comes out later today..thankyou

Tjinuk