• Tweets

• or go really bold ... Further to my request for a copy of the agreement you refer to on ( date) I made a section 78 request pursuant to the Credit Consumer Act 1974 to which you have yet to reply or respond. Pursuant to the Credit Consumer act 1974 section 78 (6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)— (a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.
    • Pers I'd stop paying the lot and get each defaulted by a dn issuance.  Defaults can't hurt future renting no Only ccj's Can't keep saying the same answers.    Dx        
    • Ok thank you. That’s where we are getting confused, as we’re not sure where we stand legally. But we’re still unsure who we should be going to now, the dealer or the finance company? I’m assuming the evidence we have (the reports from Mercedes) showing that the fault was there when we purchased would be sufficient to prove this? To be honest we would prefer to send the car back completely as are now concerned more problems may arise.
    • No no - I would complain via the CEO and Directors Office.     They sorted it in less than 24 hours for me. Complaint closed and compo issued.    Sam P 
    • Hi, Thanks a lot for your valuable advice and apologies for bit delay in providing some additional information as requested before. I was also looking at other threads to get some more knowledge, apologies if my questions have already been answered in some other threads and I have missed them. I would appreciate if you can guide to relevant thread to help navigate easily. If I opt to go down the route of availing BS option, I'd find it more convenient if I do it in parts i.e., applying with 2/3 creditors at a time. Is that even possible in my case? I understand that DN might be the best option for me but I am trying to avoid this route as much as I can. I am currently living in a rented property with wife and 3 kids and I am not how this is going to play out in future if we decide to move to some other area. How will DN impact my intention of getting house on mortgage (dream as of today) after 6 years? If I go for DN strainght away, do I have to do it for all debts? for example, can i leave one active credit card out of this DN? what can i do if I go for DN right now but my financial situation improves in 1-2 years due to better job or promotion etc.?  Here are the details of my debts. Let me know please if you have any questions. Regards, MM Overdraft Halifax - £2,500 Starling - £500 (I can settle this immediately to keep this account active as back-up for salary and other priority expenses like rent, council tax etc.)   Personal Loans - Outstanding Amounts - No defaults or missed payments Plata - approx. £27,000 BetterBorrow - £3,450 Zopa - £14,000 Reevo - £2,800 Updraft - £2,230   Credit Card - Balances - No defaults or missed payments except those noted Virgin - £6,100 (This card is suspended.) Halifax - £5,474 (This card is suspended.) Barclays - £5,400 (I am currently on a fixed monthly payment plan of £232 for almost a year now and missed last month's payment.) Aqua - £3,100 Fluid - £2,100  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

First Plus, 75K Sec Loan + PPI, then shortfall.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

According to the document the loan

was 75k with 19497.5 PPI on top.

One paragraph on the document states.

'Legal charge'

This legal charge is executed by you in favour of Firstplus Financial Group Plc and incorporates the terms set out overleaf. You charge the property by way of legal mortgage with full title guarantee in favout of Firstplus Financial Group Plc as security for all monies presently or at any time in the future due to us under any agreement between ourselves The legal charge will only secure monies due under an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 if the agreement states it is to be secured by the legal charge.

Loan was originally secured - (Credit Agreement Incorporating Legal Charge)

Due to negative equity and sale of property Firstplus had to accept a shortfall of about 50k (not sure of exact figure)

As mentioned in one of my other posts, we haven't heard from them since the sale in and haven't paid them since Oct 08 and still haven't heard anything.

Based on the statement in the document about the CCA 1974, even though its in excess of 25k (and now unsecured) can we still send them a CCA request and then legally not pay them if they default on the request.

Also, can we try to reclaim the PPI even if they default on the CCA request.

Any comments greatly appreciated

Many thanks.

Hi, yes you can still challenge the PPI and get the amount refunded to the account. You need to send them a SAR which will give you all the information about how it was sold and whether it was properly explained to you - or not;).

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Bump

Sorry I don't have any answers for you but wanted to ask you a question. We have a secured loan with First Plus also and need to sell our house but will not get enough to cover both the outstanding mortgage and the secure loan by first plus.

Do I understand correctly from your post that you were able to sell your property without paying back the first plus loan, thereby converting it to an unsecured loan?

Thanks a million!

;o)

Hello D&D

We were able to sell our property while in negative equity.

We did have some funds left over after paying the main mortgage and second charge, which was paid to First Plus.

In order to sell the property we had to negotiate a payment arrangement with the Shortfalls Department at First Plus, however we did not sign any agreement for the payment arrangement and have not heard anything further from First Plus since selling the property. (This is odd, because reading the other posts on here about First Plus they do chase quite hard)

We are currently looking at claiming the PPI back which should reduce the amount still outstanding.

It is upto the solicitor dealing with the sale to liase directly with them and they can refuse to agree to the sale, however if they think the house will be repossessed anyway they may be more inclined to agree to the sale and shortfall as they would get more back.

When did you take this loan out? Did it have PPI and have you requested any information from them (e.g Subject Access Request) which may help you to get them to agree to the shortfall.

Hope it goes ok

Regards

After a careful consideration I have managed to speak to the FSA and made a complaint against First Plus, the advice I got back “I have a case against First Plus”. So I did my research and I found a solicitor that is welling to take the case and provided him with recorded calls that we made to First Plus and how they miss sold the PPI to us, what you guys do not know and I think a lot of us has missed, is the insurance policy only valid for five years, and the worst part, if you have a joint application only the lead applicant is covered. These details were never disclosed to any of us, and finally the money back from the insurance is not guarantee that you get it back “it is , they will not send you a cheque they will deduct it from your loan, and that is only if you wrote to them 30 days before the end of your five years.

Hi everybody,

We will send an SAR to firstplus but we are pretty sure the agreement does not comply with section 18 multiple agreement requirements because of PPI.

The CCA 1974 limit of 25k was lifted in June 2008 prior to this the CCA 1974 was only used for guidance purposes only and contract law was applicable to loans above 25k. If anybody has any comments or needs to correct what we have said please let us know.

Many Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a train of thought about the multple agreements and how they apply to the way these agreements are written, that is quite conflicting and it is not as straight forward as it seems , but unfortunately there is also a lot in the courts too.

There has been cases taken up to appeal level an have not been upheld.

so it by no means certain. worse luck as my two loans with FPare the same.

Also when the rules changed in 2008 there is a timescale for different loans to become regulated ,depending on size and when they were taken , some 2008 ,2009 .2010. sobest to check your dates on that too .

• 4 months later...

hi ,

I also have a secured loan with FP over 25k,they are not sending me my request to a full SAR.....I require charges etc made to my account.

does anyone know of any solicitors who can advice against unregulated loans.....as apparently i am not covered by the CCA 1974..

I need urgent help,as i have not paid my loan for 3 months,due to an incomplete SAR from firstplus......

KL

Hi Killylilly,

We have not received a full reply to our SA request either and are currently awaiting the ICO complaint to be investigated.

They have a backlog :rolleyes:

I have not looked into a solicitor yet, but would suggest a no win no fee basis and start from there.

I did see on another thread a link to a website for a possible route, but can't recall it at present.

Will post if I find it.

Regards

killylilly

mine was over 72k, cost for you might be not the same but cost less than £800. got best advice you can get, best money i ever spent. just give the a call and speak to the man you not going to lose any thing.]

then you can make up your mind on no win no fees. might see things clearly

killylilly

The best advice I can give you guys, is to speak to the solicitor, I posted his details, trust me, do not and I repeat do not go for these no win no fees companies, or ppi claim companies, you lose a lot more than you think, I have been already offered my PPI money in full plus other compensation, I can not say any more cause the case is not over.

But make sure that you have all calls ready to be sent to the solicitor, he needs to list o every call you made to first plus. So you better ask for the recordings. Please post you outcome with you chose to speak to him or not.

We need to keep on top of first plus, they are cowboys of the financial industry and I we can make them realise their mistake sooner or later

Thanks again Ayman,

I have no recorded calls,i only made one call at the start of my dispute,i have all the letters sent and received though.

Their lastest to my reply against their incompleted SAR to me was,a letter saying that there is no charges agianst my account,which i know there is.I also requested all phone calls to me a repo orders against me.they have again ignored me.

Peed off now..

KILL LILL:-x

first thing first, you need to ask for the loan set up calls (they should keep that for at least 6 years by law), when i wrote to them i asked for all calls made to me and from me to them from the month before i signed the agreement.

get that first. that by it self should be sufficient enough to go on.

when did you take the loan? what is your ppi?