Newbie claimer here

loobyloo1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, have been referred over from moneysavingexpert.com to you guys for some advice over my bank charges with Abbey.

I have just been charged 2 lots of £50 this month for going over my limit by accident, once because I was unable to access my online banking for days as I kept getting a message asking me to try again later. Because the dates of charges fell into 2 different statement periods, I have been charged £20 twice for going over the limit, and £30 twice for them paying a standing order/direct debit when I didnt't have enough money in the account. On each occasion the account was only overdrawn for a day before fresh funds were added.

On top of this recent £100, in the past I will have paid £100s in charges.

I am hoping that someone can help me through the process because right now it seems very complicated :confused: . I am trying to plough my way through the threads on here, but with my little hungry baby wanting feeding every 5 minutes I don't have the time to trawl.

My husband has another current account open in case they go funny on us and shut down our account or demand the overdraft to be repaid. How likely are they to do that? I kind of don't want to lose my account with them as our credit rating is crap and we have been with them 4 years now.

Hi first of all don't panic. Take your time to read around the forums until you're clear what you need to do. Do note the do's and don'ts and pay attention to the other posts in the Abbey forum.

Only start to send your DPA enquiry or initial approach when you're feeling happier with the whole process. It took me about 2 weeks to read enough! I've now got 4 claims on the go, three pending DPA replies and one small claim due any day.

Good Luck:)

Leisl

Nationwide PAID IN FULL £3400 AFTER MONEYCLAIM

Abbey credit card £100 'goodwill refund' 27/7/06, SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM £1040

Cap one prelim approach £862 18/10/06

Barclays still working it out!!!

Thanks ;)

Just been mulling over all the charges I will have incurred in the past 6 years on credit cards as well as my bank account, and seriously considering going for it. Will read a bit more like you suggest.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,

I have finally decided to try and reclaim my Barclaycard charges thanks to you. My Bank has been charging me £10.00 per month for the last 8 years just to operate my account, should I go for this as well or are the charges to low?