A bit rusty- help needed!

cathbluenose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm fairly well versed in claiming my charges back from various banks/credit cards right before the test case/ postponing and happily won ££££'s back which I'm very happy about. I recently remembered I sent a prelim letter to Egg back in March 2007 and got fobbed off with the usual standard 'our charges are fair etc etc' and just didn't pursue it further. I decided to follow this up recently with a letter before action of the 'winning letter template' variety. I got a standard response along the lines of 'Egg does not believe the terms and conditions of the Agreement are in anyway fair or unlawful blah blah blah' and enclosed a leaflet for the financial ombudsman.

Now am I right in thinking I messed up by going in with the LBA because it had been 18 months since the prelim approach- or does that not matter as I've given them adequate time to respond? I'm not sure wherether I should start the MCOL claim now - any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Ps it may be worth noting that I don't owe egg a penny and closed this account last year.

Edited by cathbluenose
additional info

Catherine,

After your long delay your second letter was probably regarded by Egg as your first. They hardly know how many fingers are on one hand, let alone your account history. Egg clerk then sent off their template response letter as he is instructed to do, hoping to discourage the uninitiated.

With few exceptions Egg do not cave in at the claimant's first letter. If now you send off your variant of Andrew_nationwide's JAN 2008 letter that should be enough to do the trick without need for legal paperwork.

Good luck.

Hi,

can you please post a link to where i can find this letter, (Andrew_nationwide's JAN 2008)

Thanks xx

03 weeks - 22 JAN 2008 - WINNING TEMPLATE LETTER - andrew_nwide - WON!! Egg Smashed £900

Your first reclaim letter will be answered by Egg frontline fodder using a brush-off template letter. Totally ignoring it, your adaptation of Andrew's letter should be your second letter -- like etiquette in Victorian courtship, every step choreographed and known to both sides.

Edited by Mistermind
typo