Unplanned overdraft

APPLE000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Need your advice! I know that this topic was discussed many times so very sorry for bringing it up again.

During my studies in London I opened a basic (not student) account with LLoyds. Then when moving back to my home country, I spent more than I had on my account accidentally, and wasn't aware of that. After a couple of months when I looked at my account statement, I found that it was charged with unplanned overdraft fees 2 times J165 plus interest on J33. I was completely shocked and called them try to clarify, The collections service agreed to reduce by J75 and make a plan of repaying the total amount by J3 a month, but still this is a enormous amount of money for me :(.

My problem is that I am not in UK, it is difficult to have normal correspondence with the bank.

My questions are:

Is it possible to refund these overdraft fees or its better to save money and just close the account?

Is there anyone who could guide me and help liase with the bank from London? Or if I correspond via email, will there be any success or even feedback?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edited by APPLE000