Lloyds and the Banking Code

bbbenny1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I'm hoping I can get some useful advise on here about my account with Lloyds.

I opened an account in 2006 and used it until around the summer of 2007. At that time I was claiming against Lloyds for bank charges and during the process I moved address, of which I informed them. It was in the same apartment block so had no concerns over the mail etc.

To this date I have not received a bank statement from them - some 18 months after I changed my address details - and I have also not received a termination notice, so assumed that it has not been passed to a DCA.

The amount owing is under £100 (the majority of it bank charges). I called up last night to be advised to go into a branch and speak with one of the advisors as they could not take me through data protection - I am now thinking that the account has bene passed on but I have not been informed.

According to the banking code, Lloyds should be issuing regular statements to me about my account, which clearly they have not. I am wondering what stance I should take when going into the branch, as potentially I could go the the FSA and complain about them not issuing statements.

I'm thinking along the lines of close my account and write off the debt as potentially I believe they could be fined more than I owe. Questions going through my mind are how much could they be fined etc???

Any suggestions????

Thanks

Ben :D