Car repo: Mackenzie Hall asking for outstanding pament

Jane1960
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cannot at the moment find exact dates,but early part of last year,Our car was Taken as we had arrears,I am almost sure the figure was £3,781.? owing,A guy called to the house & my husband handed the keys to him,he then called Black horse who then put him onto the company that had got the car,i had to borrow the money to pay the arrears,but we had decided that when the term was up we would hand the car back otherwise we would have a balloon payment of £13000 to pay to keep the car,The car was then sold to a reputable company who paid the outstanding balance to Black horse,Now to date Mackenzie Hall keep calling leaving messages to say that we still owe a payment of £740 or thereabouts,reading the other posts on here i just wish i had known of this site before i borrowed the money to pay the arrears to get the car back,i was'nt aware that they could not just come & take the car,it was parked on our property, private driveway,no default notice,No court order.What can we do if anything when Mackenzie Hall calls my husband again ,when the car company paid the outstanding,that was all there was to pay,but they keep calling for more.

Not my area, but I would have thought the best place to start is not to talk to them on the phone. When they call again, tell them to write to you and that they need to supply figures / evidence as to how they've got this figure. They probably won't have it, so you may have to do a Subject Access Request to get to the bottom of this.

Have they got the right to collect it?

Have they added any charges?

etc

I'm sure you'll get some more detailed advice soon, but thought I'd just reply & give you a 'bump'...