London Underground Penalty Fare Notice....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a Penalty Fare notice the other day, which I intend to appeal.

However after looking into the appeals procedure on the back on the Penalty Fare notice copy given to me, I note that the following is wrong :

The (incorrect) address given on the back of the notice is :

LUL Penalty Fare Administration Office

55 Broadway,

London,

SW1H 0BD

The correct address is :

London Underground

Penalty Appeals Office

Pelham House

63/81 Pelham Street

London

SW7 2NJ

The (incorrect) telephone number given on the back of the notice is : 020 7918 4219

The now correct telephone number given is : 020 7918 5593

My question is are these Penalty fare notices legal, since they do not contain accurate information regarding your right to appeal, and could therefore be deemed prejudice against the appellant.

This prejudice could also extend to the 21 days to appeal timeline, since if the appellant did not appeal until say the 19th day, then by fact that the appeal letter is being sent to the wrong address (albeit, it may be re-directed), this will incur a possible "out of time" clause by the appeals office since the appeal took longer to reach then could be reasonably expected through no fault of the appellant but rather the fault of London Underground using incorrect appeal details.

Thanks in advance.

No one know the legalities of having incorrect appeals information on the notice served?

I certainly know from PepiPoo that was it a Penalty Charge Notice for a parking contravention, then it would not be legal and would could be successfully appealed as deemed to "fetter the rights of the appellent".