Leaving the UK - Can I speed up my claim?

Psyrok
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - sorry if this has been answered before - I did do a search but couldn't find anything...

I have a claim in the courts against RBS bank charges for a relatively small amount, and I will be leaving the UK permanently in around 8 weeks - does this give me any special dispensation to have my claim sped up? And if so, how exactly would I go about that? Would I need to write a letter to the court explaining the situation, or is there some other procedure?

Also I have just recently been charged another fee for going overdrawn, can I add this to my existing claim? Is it again just a matter of sending a letter to the court?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

on the first question, leaving the UK gives you no dispensation for the case to be dealt with any speedier.

If you have already filed a claim at court then you can amend the claim but it would be a non refundable £35(I believe it may be worth asking your local court on how much it would cost) to do so.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf