New SAR started against Abbey

cazandtel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, we have been with the Abbey for years and have always put up with the extortionate charges, but recently had a charge that was totally over the top considering the circumstances. Having watched the program on the TV and studied this great site sent off my SAR and have just received the standard microfiche reply. Have just drafted the suggested reply which I will post recorded tomorrow. Will keep this updated with progress.

Regards Terry (ex police sergeant)

Welcome Terry

I have to warn you, you will never read another book as this site is compulsive reading :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

hi terry

im just a bit behind you, im about to draft my microfiche reply. good luck mate and keep posting progress.

11th july. sent letter to abbey for list of charges on both accounts

17th and 18th july letters for both accounts regards the microfiche bluff.

28th july sent requested for repayment of charges.(bit late)

Hi

Don't hold your breath! I received 12 months statements from them in first week and now 40 days have passed and received nothing further. Am now proceeding with an estimate until they can provide true figure!

Good Luck!

Hi,

I am also at the stage of the microfiche argument just getting ready to post off my recorded delivery for the request of the remaining statements.

My account has been closed but I was wondering...

Could I goto my local branch and ask them for a transaction on a date 2 years ago making up a story saying there is a dispute of a debit card payment say for example with Paypal, and if they can give me the transactions in and around that date, maybe over a few days... if they do this would this be ethical and a good idea to pass back to their head office that their microfiche excuse is bogus or would I be jeopardising my position???

Just my thoughts to find a quick way to squash their fiche argument...

FWIW

I thnk if you have the nerve then its a good idea.

I wouldnt tell them why but otherwise i would be honest about anything they asked just in case a record is made and you said something wrong that cud be used against you.

Im no expert so others with more knowledge may have some better ideas.

I have just logged onto my Egg account which has been closed for some while now and downloaded a years worth of statements.

Alls fair in love and war and if they let me why not, i thik the same goes for your idea too.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Terry,i've just registered with the site this evening........like you ben banking with Abbey for years.

This is a great website.I want to get the ball rolling but where do i start,i'm finding the templates rather confussing,i would be very grateful if you could advise of fist template.

sam.

Hi Mad/Glenn/Ethridge & Karnevil, great to see a lot joining the mission to be treated fairly. I am very new to this myself, always willing to help where I can, but still getting to grips with the site etc but am finding lots of support.

I have a number of years of Law experience including fraud and deception after serving 15 years in the police. I do not think anything that has been asked to date is anything more than creative thinking and should be encouraged. If I can help I will.

Thanks To Karnevil for his input, great source of knowledge.

Cheers all, Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Not getting very far here,

my original letter was sent on the 8th July

Initial response dated 18th July received 24th with Microfiche excuse

2nd letter to Abbey requesting all information sent 24th July

Received copy of statements (25/05/05 to 25/06/06) received 25/07/06

Received printouts (24/04/05 to 25/05/05 )

Received letter stating that all info entitled to dp act had been provided - further microfiche will be sent in time. File to be kept open for a further 8 weeks etc etc.