Swift advances want to reposess our home via a local solicitor

Doc2527
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Doc

Do you have any news yet?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jansus

I have been in touch with the solicitors from Swift and I have been advised that this is the start of a legal process that will take place, so long as we are still in arrears, however we must make sure that we stick to our agreed additional payments along with the normal monthly payment.

I feel that it is difficult to mention too much online, perhaps I am being paranoid, but I'm sure Swift are keeping a close eye on anyone who has any arrears with them, particularily when on CAG!!:confused:

Thankyou for your concerns.

Regards

Doc

Hi Jansus

I have been in touch with the solicitors from Swift and I have been advised that this is the start of a legal process that will take place, so long as we are still in arrears, however we must make sure that we stick to our agreed additional payments along with the normal monthly payment.

I feel that it is difficult to mention too much online, perhaps I am being paranoid, but I'm sure Swift are keeping a close eye on anyone who has any arrears with them, particularily when on CAG!!:confused:

Thankyou for your concerns.

Regards

Doc

Of course they are on this? anyhow, sure so what . none of us have anything to hide, and are only stating the facts.

Do what you want mate. all I know is they are wrong and the sooner its all in court the better, I heard of someone who has not paid anything in almost a year,

if somethings not right it never will be right. no matter how its tarted up or argued

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Hi Doc

Do not be bullied by the tactics of Swift Legal Dept they are not as smart as they think they are ....they have never been challenged so strongly before and they are fighting for their lives........95% of their loan agreements are flawed, and unenforceable.

Can you remove all your personal details and post your loan agreement up on this thread? Or if not send it by E-mail to pkelly contact him and he will give you his e-mail addy.

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

Hi Sparkie

Just to say all the best for tomorrow (it is tomorrow right?)

I think I had sent you a copy of my agreement by your private email.

I'll PM PKelly and see if he would take a look at it also.

doc

Hi Sparkie

Just to say all the best for tomorrow (it is tomorrow right?)

I think I had sent you a copy of my agreement by your private email.

I'll PM PKelly and see if he would take a look at it also.

doc

Hi Doc

Can you just send a note via my e-mail address, I have so many Swift agreements now ....but I can't trace yours I may be able to find it via your e-mail address on my saved e-mails.

It is tomorrow 10.30 ....I do belive my mate has a real good chance of judgement being found in his (their)favour...fingers crossed ....we put a lot of work in on this...... a lot of which I didn't post because it just might have gone against him...he gave me full rein to post as much as I have...but there is a limit...but it was good of him....we both believe it will help others greatly.

sparkie

Hi Doc

Can you just send a note via my e-mail address, I have so many Swift agreements now ....but I can't trace yours I may be able to find it via your e-mail address on my saved e-mails.

It is tomorrow 10.30 ....I do belive my mate has a real good chance of judgement being found in his (their)favour...fingers crossed ....we put a lot of work in on this...... a lot of which I didn't post because it just might have gone against him...he gave me full rein to post as much as I have...but there is a limit...but it was good of him....we both believe it will help others greatly.

sparkie

Hi Sparkie never realised your mates case was up tomorrow!!

thought yours was the 6th March!

am sure it will be all right for your friends, I would rather be in their shoes than swifts,

look forward till tomorrow evening to hear the result,

Dont worry if its not the right one, its only a matter of time.

Good luck to all of you

• 1 month later...

Hi Doc, what exactly do the court papers say.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi El'en

I take it you don't want me to mention everything.

It basiclly says LET EACH OF THE DEFENDENTS within 14 days after service of this summons on him or her inclusive of the day of service cause an Appearence to be entered to his Summons which was issued......etc etc etc...

IF ANY DEFENDENT does not enter an appearancesuch judgement may be given or order made against etc....

How much info do you need or what in particular detail are you looking to see?

It goes on to mention directions for entering an appearance.

It also mentions that the apropriate foms can be bought from HMSO

doc

OK, I'm not familiar with this situation Doc, I'll see if I can round up some help for you.

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Doc...i'll also state that there is a significant amount of excessive charges that are owed to you also.....i'd use that too, in fact a dispute letter with regard to the excessive charges wouldn't go amiss...? any PPI on this too ?

Edited by 42man

You need to start a dispute with regard to the huge and excessive charges that Swift charge for example £21 for making a phone call to you, £21 for sending a letter, £250 for a bounced direct debit, what you really need to send is a subject access request and get them to list ALL their excessive charges, I think you'll find there will be a few thousand........and in front of a judge you need to state that you believe a significant amount of the arrears are made up of excessive penalty charges...which the OFT have ruled on for credit cards and will do in due course for banks and WILL be starting on these for laon/mortgage companies too in the near future.....the oft in it's ruling on excessive charges for credit cards hoped that others would follow suit.....

• 4 weeks later...

Doc how are you getting on with this ? Did you ever send a SAR to Swift asking for the underwriting sheet to reveal any hidden commissions they might have paid to a broker (not the ones they put on your agreement)

Doc how are you getting on with this ? Did you ever send a SAR to Swift asking for the underwriting sheet to reveal any hidden commissions they might have paid to a broker (not the ones they put on your agreement)

Hi 42 I know someone who sent in a SAR but did not get the phone data, but had to resend a DSAR and it came. sounds stupid but the law is the dogs ballocks as decent folk know.

A DSAR is worded slightly different

:eek:

• Haha 1

· details of any agreements between lender/broker/packager, written or unwritten, in relation to commissions or any other payments

· Underwriting sheet or other such document recording any commission (or other) payment made to an intermediary or packager