• Tweets

• Hi Schipoo and thanks for the update. This is a brilliant result as rergards your fight with HMRC. If you can manage a Donation to the site, it would be greatly appreciated. Let us know how it goes as regards the fees being sought by Independant Tax.
    • A never ending torrent of **it Outrage as ‘tidal wave’ of sewage floods historic market town’s unique chalk river WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Exclusive: Water firm pumps sewage into river Misbourne, Amersham on 21 ‘dry days’ during nearly five month period  
    • Worth noting that all of these firms - either the alleged EIS investment, the rebate company themselves or the payee were all registered to the same address. Clavering House is 3 miles away from HMRC Benton Park view offices.   Wardrop - unfortunately unsuccessful due to late appeal - assessments opened by HMRC in March 2019. Scammed by Richard Hall (Capital allowances consultants ltd - Clavering House) investments into Cryoblast Limited 15/16 (Paul Huggins - Clavering House) and Eco Cooling solutions 16/17 (Anthony Fitches - Clavering House).    Mccuminsky - scammed by Capital Allowances after providing his details to Stefan Brown Alpha Tax Consultants (Clavering House) payment made to Eco Cooling Solutions.    Robson - scammed by Capital Allowances - 15/16 paid to Cryoblast 16/17 paid to Eco Cooling.    Myself - scammed by Allan Maxwell - MaxTax (other business Maxwell electronics) registered to Clavering House.   Cryoblast Solutions and Fast Tax - Alan O’Hara    Please note there are two Cryoblasts involved - Cryoblast limited (Paul Huggins and Clavering House) and Cryoblast Solutions Limited (Alan O’Hara also director of Fast Tax).    My return simply said “Cryoblast” another thing that should have been clarified as part of HMRC guidelines before paying out the claim.    Cryoblast limited was already suspected to be involved in fraudulent claims before my investment as Huntly had open assessments issued in November 2018.    Cryoblast Solutions, the same company director as Fast Tax where my money was sent was dissolved before my claims were submitted. 
    • On the d-day issue, * we know sunaks shameful self-interest preferring a hope at using lies for self-promotion over honoring our heroes, * we know Starmer demonstrated his statesmanship with other statesmen and women,  ** BUT where was Farage? Was he in a pub looking for self-promotion? .. Surely as a wannabe statesman - he should have spent a bit of his (someone elses?) cash attending the ceremonies? or wasn't he offered a seat near enough the front to interest him?   mind you .. "I said I wanted my county back. Well now I want my life back ... I am not a career politician... I won't be changing my mind again, I promise you" - Nigel Farage, stepping down from public life. 5 July 2016  
    • dont need them.   let the defendant play the terms game
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

why you shouldnt use section 77/78 CCA 1974 if you want the signed agreement

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello pt2537

a fab thread which ive learnt a lot of stuff, legally and otherwise.

I would like to chance this request as ive been sent a final responce from mbna and i was going to post my fos complaints today, but now im wondering

1. should i request this CPR31.16 via fos in my compliants

2 or should i refrain from fos firstly and go ahead and request CPR31.16 direct from mbna even though they in their final letter advice me will not discuss my complaints anymore and not correspond with me,

or 3, direct my complaints still to fos and highlighting the fact that mbna have stated will not correspond with me anymore that im requesting fos to intervene and to liase with mbna for my CPR31.16 request now, i would say that this is now a reasonable request since in my opinion they cut off all correspondence with me to address the inlegibility of the supposed true copy of my cca.

This would then force mbna hand in responding correctly or not, im not asking fos to decide for me whether the cca is enforceable or not, i require the positive true copies to enable me to make that decision with my legal team, ie you guys but wouldnt tell fos that lol

im happy to give this a go and then i can come back to advise others

what is the general feel for this pls

thanks laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget to factor in that the FOS charge the creditor £450 when a consumer makes a complaint. On a small debt that can really hurt the OC. :)

hiya davey

of course , one debt is about 700.00 another under 2000 so in theory not high amounts at all

thanks for the look at cheers angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Im still in the learning phase of all of this, but surely if you have done both the 77/78 request and a SARS the true agreement should be forthcoming, as the SARS should provide everything the creditor has on the debtor, including the original agreement?

If after both of these request you have still only been provided with an application form, or just current T&C you would surely suspect something was amis in the creditors records, and could them push through the 31.16 request for the true agreement?

if the creditor was still unwilling to furnish the agreement under this request, and then showed up in court with it, surely they would be in breach of the Data Protection Act anyway having not sent out the agreement under the SARS request?

Hello everyone,

i guess like MadScouser has put it above more clearly for me too now - i have requested both cca and sars got back the exact same ish info, so now at stalemate as been referred to fos, but

my post number 61 were my initial thoughts and so i would be happy to try it out today which way would be the best option

would it draw me any success by asking fos to intervene or not or go straight to the creditor but going to fos with this request as part of my way of getting the correct information would also cost the creditor the 450.00 for each of my seperate cards

I would like your expert thoughts as i agree, this could be an option as i cant find this debated elsewhere neither

thank you have a fun day all

laters angel x8)

hiya all

i wonder if this thread is attracting a new line of men of straw lately, lol

may i ask if anyone can give me advice on my previous post number 61 on this thread, many thanks

keep happy all

laters angel x

Edited by angel_1
added post number 61

Many thanks pt2537

i do appreciate the time if you have to take a peek, i think its just such a fascinating subject im enthralled by it all, however, i can see others views too and as ive only got an O level law, i feel i should get to know everything legal now - im hooked, lol

i will leave with you and even over the next week i will await your kind comments

thanks again

angel x:cool:

Right

so best i proceed with fos, tell them had inlegible copies and im not even sure they are authentic and get them to investigate further with mbna and then await their responce

if not favourable for me then to look at cpr as the next option.

okay guess off to postoffice tomorrow for my seperate mbna complaints, each at 450.00 charged by fos to investigate

many thanks sweet

thanks for speedy reply

laters angel x

• 1 month later...

hiya all

id like to ask pt2537 more now that im at a position similar like lexis with my bos, i got sent only terms and conditions ive queiried it but they have sent me a letter this is all they are obliged to send me, so no actual copy of any agreement with my signature

i now have been defaulted (but looking at it dodgy dn and ive got advice on this also my own research looks this way)

been terminated now fully too

got 2 letters from blair witch etc demanding arrears payments

so now im at the point will be sending my sars today - however, is it best to wait the 40 days to see if i get anything useful

Then and only then send the cpr request hoping they dont start court action in the meantime, then i understand i can then do the cpr request couldnt i?

still not paid them been to trading standards who told me stalemate and to go to fos (mind you ts did say they had supplied my agreement only the terms and not fully responded via the act) - been debating is it worth it, i think yes now as im also to wait on the sars info im kind of limbo

my thread is here if any one can take a peek pls

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/170602-rec-default-notice-cca.html

i feel ive reached this point now as its just over 5000 i have fears of the fast track and of course will defend any court action but im trying to learn from others and the pitfalls to avoid

appreciate your guidance laters angel x

Edited by angel_1

HI All,

So is there any conclusion to this thread after 5hrs of reading and eye strain.

I see several people are already using CPR 31.16 route which seem to be ignored by the DCA's / OC so where does this leave us?

I like a lot of people of this forum have CCA'd Barclaysharks (got nothing yet) and so Subject Access Request just recently, shame we all can't join in together for a class action or something like that.

Me, well I'm just starting down the CCA route, will then go onto Subject Access Request and depending on what I receive may consider the CPR 31.16 but wonder if a rabbit was pulled out of the hat at the last minute what I could get hammered for in costs as they are entitled to claim search fee's.

I think this forum is fantastic, I thank people like pt for starting such an interesting thread and only hope one day I can get my life back!!!

i totally agree with you all day i keep coming back for more info its been like an obsession today for me, in a nice way though

i have cca then sar, now on some of my threads im in limbo, and thinking and reading all about the cpr ruling, its makes sense to me to know what the creditors do have before any court action is done, and im understanding this from this thread, i guess you can only try it with one of your creditors and see what you get and then post here for advice

of course we all are trying to make some sense of all this and i do want my life back - i feel though its all im thinking off just lately

keep happy all laters angel x

Hiya all

i only use the one below arial in the word document, just for ease when i do my letters and signature,

not sure if i now should use the digital signature ?

thanks angel x

• 2 weeks later...

hiya AA99

i understand where you are coming from i felt like that this week, and have come here and finally could see the wood for the trees so to speak

i have deceided today, no longer playing nice person, going to be more assertive in my replies, lets put it this way,,,,more challenging,,,prep for court,,,lol

no seriously, without being nasty or sarcastic in our replies, remember the letters could be used as part of our evidence and ive learnt that always be mindful of what a judge will read, so hopefully write only things that will help you long term and always try to come across as being reasonable, very hard to first attempt, but while im tearing my hair out it does get better i promise

keep your pecker up and shout out loud when it gets too much,,, my neighbours are now used to me;)

laters angel x

• Haha 1

hiya Kraken

you are very welcome and thanks for that, but i have to bow to the advice given to me by BRW who has given loads and loads of good advice like many others,

but if nothing else ive learnt also to take my emotion away from my letters too, and being mindful of whether a judge will read my letter or not, always point out the law, the facts, and always be truthful - cos judges aint daft and id rather have him or her understanding my points in any court action i face.

laters guys angel x

ps i love this site,

hiya all

ive done my first cpr one last week as didnt get any cca only the terms and conditions historic and new,,,,but i noted at the start of the thread to appear to be reasonable,

so i think if we have given them at least the 2 x 21 days , then court request to be done surely

i am awaiting on the sars so ive given them a bit more, just to appear Resonable,, not that im trying to beat you lol

but im guaging it with a responce from the sars too,,

fab thread anyway and i think its the way to go i dont have anything else to try so might as well try this, my file is trashed that can wait and be looked at later for now, im being a bit of a niggle,,,;)

laters dudes angel x

hiya back pmw - well when you put it like that you are also very correct:D

whatever we feel happy with i guess,

hiya dd

ive tried that all this week, its good advice actually, again good advice from others here to type it up,,print it off and amend later and then when you are truely happy can print and sent,,,

its only took me all day for a poignant type letter but its ready to go off to po now,,,,

lexis and GM,,,,, i just tweeked the letter format etc, but the details are still dynamite,,,lol

laters dudes angel x:cool:

oh yes, guys im sure we will have some snotty replies to boot;-)

laters angel x

• 2 weeks later...

hiya all

im thinking of doing this now going to my local councillors and giving them each the same info and present my cases and see what reaction i get back from each one,,,,

AA99 and if your libdem seems keen, we All can present our cases to him - it may bring some impact on potential voters thinking hey up maybe the alternative is a possible party that actually listens to its people?

its going to be an interesting scenario but i feel now my voice needs to be heard and like it or not,,,policitians need to start listening to their voters otherwise, they aint getting no vote of me or my family next time

ive tried the cpr letter to bcard totally ignored the first one, so off to do the second one - then come back and revert back here for advice,,,

going to update my threads laters all angel x

Edited by angel_1

hiya all

just trying to help gary on his thread - he has had a reply from barclaycard which we both think in reflection to the cpr requests he sent

would you kindly all take a look and see what actions now needed it looks like a new template letter on its way to all us that have done the cpr requests to barclaycard

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/188960-gary68-barclaycard-new-reply.html

many thanks im yet to receive anything yet but lets see if others may have

thanks laters angel x:)

hiya all

im awaiting on a creditor to supply cca from my first request via cpr31.16 - from my first letter,,,but of course i will allow the second letter to hit them before i go for the n244,

so yes i would want to know too pls dave

many thanks angel x

oh okay thanks dave so in general then, so this newish for me anyway of doing the cpr31.16 may just do the trick, even if i have to do the n244 in the future

laters all angel x

hiya dave i very much appreciate your thoughts on this,,,and im sorry to hear you are not feeling your best,,,,i have a few of those days myself in my own way ,,,,but this is all about self learning and cag has at times lifted me from the ground that its been my inspiration in improving my knowledge over my financial affairs

of course there is always a Possible defeat in court, and by the time i hit the court if i ever do, in the meantime i m learning all there is to better my case, better my efforts and bringing my own knowledge to a point that i make any decisions with a clearer head and not that im being forced into any decisions by a creditor because they say so,,,,, i guess this is whats making me stronger and that finally i feel i am in control of my efforts with self knowledge gained each day

keep well and take care laters angel x

• Haha 1

Many thanks dave like i said its about self education, and i would rather have the knowledge gained from cag to avoid any pitfalls if i can

so yes i will read those threads you have given us all, and i will subscribe too so that they are there to look back to

have a good rest of your week

take care laters angel x

• 2 weeks later...

hiya

its all about delay tactics im sure,,,,,so in your next letter

in

Big capital letters,

I must stress this request is NOT made pursuant to section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Dont think they will miss that hey;);):)

laters dudes angel x

• 4 weeks later...

hiya all

well I for one am truely thankful for the help from cag and this thread opens up your eyes to a lot of more legal avenues

just on the question of being reasonable, - ive sent the first letter i actually gave my creditor a bit more than 21 days, they have totally ignored it, now due to helping my friend defend a house eviction, i m looking at sending my second letter to my creditor they have had another 3 weeks after my initial letter date finished, i could in theory give them 21 days now or stick to my original more days....- just thinking im being very very very reaonable before i hit them at court....

actually giving them enough rope to shoot them even more in their foot if they dont reply havent I???

many thanks laters angel, otherwise ive stuck to the letter you have drafted at the beginining of the thread

ready now to send 2nd letter will await your responce,

cheers angel x have a sunny day all:)

• 1 month later...

hiya all you kind caggers

pls take a look at mine and then beachy's thread

we had the same letter this past week

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/185297-angel-bcard1.html

cheers is in a full responce back for our cpr requests or another tactic?

have a sunny day laters angel x

many thanks Pt.... i and others have had similar letter this week see my earlier post if you had missed it,

wondered what your legal mind made of it please if you have a moment spare

i appreciate everyones knowledge, thank you all

have a sunny weekend laters angel x:)

• 1 month later...

hiya all again

hiya again diddydicky,,,fab letter will be something i will use today i think once ive found all my paperwork and put in order

again i tried to click your scales but i need to spread the reputation around a bit lol

but huge thanks again, i applaud your sensible comments thanks

laters all angel x;)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks