Student Loan - Old Style Help

wavey_davey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's Friday the 12th and I've still not received anything from the SLC regarding either the CCA request or acknowledgement of the statute barred status. Given the time of year, and where I live, I doubt that I will receive anything by Tuesday, when the 12 day deadline for response is due.

From these forums, I understand that they would be in 'default' and have 30 days to reply before they have committed an offence, but I am unclear of what happens in this interim default period.

If I dont' receive the CCA response before Tuesday, does that mean that they can no longer chase me at all, ever ever again? Or does this happen after the 30 days have passed?

Should I be writing to them and informing them that they are in default and if so are there any templates?

Should I write to them after 30 days have expired and again, any template letters?

Any help greatly appreciated

Fingers crossed

Wavey

From these forums, I understand that they would be in 'default' and have 30 days to reply before they have committed an offence, but I am unclear of what happens in this interim default period.
The offence no longer exists. After the 12 working days they are in default and can not enforce the agreement until a compliant copy of the credit agreement is produced.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

So they still have the remainder of the 30 days to come up with the agreement

No. Forget about the 30 days thing.

if they provide it in time, they can continue to enforce the loan?

Once they can provide a compliant copy of the agreement they can continue to enforce the account. It's simply a case of they have 12 working days before they are in default of supplying it and then can't enforce the agreement until whenever they can produce a compliant copy of the agreement.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ah, so the whole point of the CCA request is to 'force' them to prove that can chase for the money? But they actually have as long as they need to find it? So what is the point of the 12 & 30 day deadline? Is that only to stop them chasing until they are able to prove the money is owed?

The point is that these things are usually kept in a relevant filing system so if they can't put their hands on it fairly quickly they usually can't put their hands on it at all.

Well, thats it. 12 (13 actually) working days have passed and there is no sign of any contact from the SLA, neither acknowledging the statute barred status of the debt, nor supplying the CCA.

Should I just sit tight and hope they go away or press for the statue barred acknowledgement?

Some movement from the SLC!!!

Received today, 2 letters, a "Notice of Sums Due" and a "Notice of Sums in Arrears". Both very similar in content, but differing in one rather Major way.

The Sum in Arrears letter states the Opening Balance of my loan account is £4k. Further in the letter, it states the total arrears is £3.5k and this must be paid in full by 27th December

The Sums Due letter states the Openeing Balance of the account is £0 and Total Payment Due £0

The Nil value letter is date 2 Days later than the one demading £4k, so my most recent conatact from them is for Zero Pounds!! (Happy Xmas to me)

But I'm still left with no CCA agreement, signed or otherwise and no recognition of the Statute Barred status of the loan.

I'm sorely tempted to send a copy of the Nil Point (french accent req'd!!!) letter back to them with a cheque for zero pounds!!

Can anyone suggest anything a bit more mature ;)?!

THanks

Wavey

The Sums Due letter states the Openeing Balance of the account is £0 and Total Payment Due £0

This may be because they have decided to write the account off. What this will in all probability mean is that the account will be sold to some DCA.

Hi, I was wondering if any one new of the charges Honours Student Loans apply for late payment or arrears payment. I know live in Australia and they are contatcting me every month regarding my student loan. Will they sell my debt to an Australia angency? Can nay body shed any light?

TOG33

@ Woody

My first contact regarding the loan was back in Feb and that came from Credit Solutions Ltd (aren't they part of SLC?). Are they likely to pass the debt back to a credit agency?

Also had another letter yesterday from SLC acknowledging the request for the CCA and the payment. So now I'm totally confused!! Guess I'll just have to wait and see what arrives in the file they have promised to send by Jan 9th!

@ Woody

My first contact regarding the loan was back in Feb and that came from Credit Solutions Ltd (aren't they part of SLC?). Are they likely to pass the debt back to a credit agency?

!

credit solutions act for slc in collection mode aka pond life dca....

they sell batchs of loans to link, a pond life dca that has made a business out of buying old student loans...

when i delt with Credit Solutions the threats came thick and fast, in the end they pass it back to SLC....:):razz:

Have you had a look at your credit file?

They pass or often pretend to pass the loan to various front DCAs so that they can use questionable tactics and say to regulators, look its not me its them over there. There are a whole new raft of consumer regulations that came online a few months ago since when my personal harrasment level has dropped enormously. If you feel like fighting them there are a few tactics: tell them that their constant phone calls are driving you to contemplate suicide - in writing, never waste your time talking to them; tell them you wil detain anyone they send around in person for trespass until their indenty can be established.