Argos - a word of warning!

NaeClue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

My first post on here so hello!

I ordered a pair of sofas from Argos on 27th October 2008. Eagerly awaiting these this week (4 weeks on) I received a phone call saying they have a problem with suppliers and hopefully will be delivered before Christmas?!?!? :evil: It's amazing that they can take your money almost instantly and sell you goods from stock that they have no control over! My money could have been sitting in my bank account generating interest rather than theirs!

Should I bother making a letter of complaint seeking some sort of compensation of inconvenience?

Advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! :)

Guest BaseJumper

Hello Naeclue

I too have had unpleasant experiences with another furniture co SCS. I would complain it does go along way. it should get you what you ordered and it will get things off your chest. I have attached a letter I wrote, please feel free to change things to suit and send to head office. I received the sofas on time before christmas and got a gesture of goodwill of £200. It was worth while I think. The inportant bits of the letter are "time is of the essence" and also what "lead time" they gave you.

I hope this helps, and I am sure that pther people will be in touch soon to give the letter more weight.

SCS.doc

Edited by MARTIN3030

I ordered a leather sofa from SCS about October 2007 and was promised it before Xmas 07. They phoned and said its stuck on a container on its way from Italy. Livid, my wife and I went to the shop and camped on the main display in the shop turning potential customers away until the manager amazingly found our sofa.

It ws delivered Christmas Eve.

I think you'll find it works now. Report it again if not.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I ordered a suite from furniture world on 29th Sep. I called monday passed (24th) to say I hadnlt recd any delviery notice to be told that it wouldn't be til after New Year :eek: . I angrily screamed down the phone that it was pre xmas and it better be here within 14 days. yesterday got a phone call and was delviered yesterday sooooooooooo comfy.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)