Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this Kraken. I can see the point you are making. However, I have experienced the lack of interest that TS display first hand, as I know have others on this site, and it is too simplistic to simply say it is because they haven't received a sufficient number of complaints. Magda

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"fact - ts did not confirm to you they were not interested. they cannot under the EA. Your statement that neither wanted to know is not supported on the facts."

No, not a fact. TS did confirm to me that they 'didn't want to know' I was informed that they would not be taking any action against Link, even though they have sufficient grounds to do so. The file on Link was closed. Fact. Magda

Kraken I have to say that the thought also occurred to me, as it did to Heathrow, that perhaps you do in fact work for one of these organisations. With regard to the DN issue, it is ridiculous to say you would rather get three than none. An account can only be defaulted and terminated once, not twice, not three times or more. In fact, if a DCA takes court action, having purchased a debt, then it will be a requirement that they provide the original DN, not one they have later conjured up. They will need to prove that the original DN was indeed served on the defendant. So, your statment that it is a requirement to send a DN before action is again without merit. I have been taken to court recently by link on four accounts (and they lost) and they were required to provide the DN issued by the OC. It was not enough to simply issue another one. I cannot be defaulted again. As AC stated, they had absolutely no legal grounds to issue those DNs en masse.

You state in your job you need evidence to act, what exactly is your job?

And finally, no my case was not presented poorly to TS - yet again you are trying to excuse their refusal to act when presented with ample reason to do so.

Magda

by Kraken:

Are you saying that Link should pick and choose which bits of the act to comply with?

That is just the point, they do!

by Kraken:

Sounds to me that they dismissed your complaint and judged it had no merit. Perhaps you presented it poorly.

I doubt that very much, MAGDA is well versed with the Act and subordinate regulations.

TS appear not to be.

AC

Thanks AC

by MAGDA:

You state in your job you need evidence to act, what exactly is your job?

I have previously fired that question at Kraken, his response was;

(sarcastic) A Professional Footballer.

pull the other one its got bells on!

AC

Yes, why the reluctance to disclose your true profession? AC has worked really hard at trying to get TS and the OFT to sit up and take notice, and many of us have followed this up with complaints of our own - you also have to remember that this is not the only consumer forum and other people, on other forums, will also have complained about this company.

I really think, unless you have something constructive to contribute Kraken, rather than undermining the effort many people have made on this thread to try to ensure Link are unable to continue with their current tactics, then this debate is best left here.

Magda

I see from the other thread that you sar'ed ts - Based, on this, your writing styles and opinions I think it is likely that you just upset them, made an irritant of yourself banging on and on about your vendetta against Link. This probably got you placed into the 'nutter' category and they felt justified in ignoring you.

What and who exactly are you referring to here Kraken? I don't believe anyone has been abusive to you at all on this thread, just pointed out that complaints have in fact been made and that we do have first hand experience of TS, so are able to comment based on that. So, to state that TS has branded someone as a nutter is really not necessary is it?

Magda

Keep up the good work AC - it is a well known fact that Chester TS have a very questionable relationship with MBNA - I have heard that reported many times by many members of the forums. You have endeavoured to help all of us on this thread, so many thanks for that. Magda

Edited by MARTIN3030
better worded.

what did your freedom of info request ask?

why were you asking?

If you read AC's post, she has already answered that question

And I am not saying you are a nutter, just that if you act in a certain way the authorities will think you are a nutter and will bin your complaint.

I honestly believe that the way in which a complaint in made can hinder the greater cause and can even damage it. I think that the criticism of some ts here falls into that category.

I think this comment is potentially libellous, and I hope that you have the evidence to back it up. If you do have the evidence I think it is very very serious and something should be done about it. Apply for Judicial Review, for example.

Kraken, why are you so bothered whether the comment is libellous or not? Why should it concern you, unless of course, you work for either TS or a DCA - back to our original question again???

Because this forum would pay the price. Think of the group, not yourself.

Have you actually seen how many negative comments there actually are about MBNA etc and TS on this forum, therefore they must all be potentially libellous. I think the only person bothered by my comment is you.

If my job is really that important to you, I'm a american car importer.

No, your job isn't important, it's the fact that you have attempted to undermine this thread for no good reason, and therefore, it would appear that you are in the employ of one of these organisations, or perhaps you would like to be.....

I think we should now agree to disagree Kraken as this whole thing is not achieving anything positive for the thread.

Magda

and yet, Link, when I asked for a copy of my Agreement claimed not to be the creditor for that purpose, and refused to supply the agreement. This was reported to TS and the OFT at the time.

Magda

Edited by MAGDA
re-worded
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully, AC, Link will need to tread a little more carefully now. Certainly not before time.

Well done with all the work you put into organising and encouraging people to complain, at last it seems to have done some good.

Magda

Just wondering if anyone can help - do Link apply charges for each letter they send out - I must have received around a million or two by now, and I know that DCA's do sometimes apply charges in this situation don't they, as Ijust had a response to a SAR from Moorcroft/Egg and I have been charged around £30 for each entry shown.

The reason I ask is I did a SAR to Link some time ago and received very limited information back in response and the account didn't seem to show up very many charges, which was surprising, as I imagine they do charge for letters, etc.. Many thanks, Magda

Hi AC,that's what I'm wondering, if like banks, if they have to send a letter, for example, if they claim someone is in arrears with a payment arrangement, or if it's a LBA letter or whatever, then do they try to justify this by applying a charge on the account (in other words, an admin fee) - it seems from the printouts I have from Moorcroft/Egg that they have done just that - so wondering if Link or any others do the same, thereby increasing the outstanding debt. Magda

Personally, I have never experienced this but if it did occur, I would challenge these so-called admin. charges. What is good for the goose, is good for the gander, just levy the same charges on them for all the letters one has written to them, plus recorded delivery fees etc...

Link, to my knowledge, have not charged me any admin. charges, mind you they are like their soulmates, MBNA...very hard indeed to obtain responses!

Yes, quite so. It wouldn't surprise me with Link at all, but as you say, if that was the case, would be nice to return the favour and charge them in return - i'm sure sure we have all spent a small fortune on here sending letters to them. Magda

Hi, The above doesn't surprise me, these companies are absolutely appalling. I just came across the following comment made on another site about Link:

"Link are debt buying parasites. The scour the dustbins of the financial services industry looking for tasty morsels. In reality they, like other debt buying parasites, will buy a parcel of accounts for a fraction of their nominal value. They won't be particularly concerned about the underlying paperwork. They will try to place the emphasis on their new "customers" to pay up or prove that the debt isn't owed."

That all rings very true as far as Link are concerned, and of course, many other DCAs. Magda

I tried to send a very important letter to Link as it is part of court proceedings, and although it was sent by RD, Royal Mail has failed to deliver it (no surprise there). Still showing as 'going through their network' Rang royal mail and they don't know where the letter is. I sent it to 5 Trecenydd Business Park, Caerphilly, which is an address I have used before. Does anyone know if it is better to send post to that address or the PO Box, if it is going by RD or Special??? thanks, Magda

One other question, one of the other claims brought against us by Link has been struck out (some time ago). We received a letter yesterday relating to this account from Link stating that they were concerned we hadn't made any payments and might take us to court or get a charge on our property???? mmm... think they have already tried that one. The account, which they claimed was an old Debenhams account (GE Money) is now stated as being previously owned by Ford Credit Europe Plc, a company I haven't heard of before. Is there any link between the two. Magda

Many thanks GRH, Joemay and AC for the replies - I sent the letter to 5 Trecenydd Business Park as that is the address they give for all correspondence on the court claim form, I don't have access to a fax machine unfortunately, that would certainly be a lot quicker, so you are probably right and it might be better to send to the London Address - goodness knows what has happened to the RD letter I sent to Caerphilly, Royal Mail don't seem to have a clue.

Thanks for the above link AC, I did ring Link today and they said it is a mistake, and it was a Debs accounts, so just goes to confirm how unreliable their paperwork is doesn't it.

Magda

Wouldn't worry about that, if you have proof of postage, I believe it would stand up in a court. Keep all these things to hand, including their envelopes...:)

Many thanks AA, I've put the RD receipt somewhere safe, just in case. I re-sent the letter again yesterday as well, so here's hoping they actually get this one....

Magda

It certainly doesn't make it any easier for us does it, if we are sending letters RD and still cannot be certain they have arrived. My RD letter (now 13 days since I sent it) is still showing on Royal Mail's website as "progressing through their Network" and according to Asset Link, they haven't received it. The replacement letter that I sent yesterday by SD (to the same address) had arrived though when I checked today, though signature is not available yet. All very strange.....

At least they have received the one you sent yesterday.

IMHO, I would complete the form for missing/lost mail and make a claim on it. It is relatively easy to do and whilst you might only get a book of stamps in compensation.. It is better than a kick in the teeth.:D

Yes, I think I will make a claim CB - will wait until the 15 days are up and get them to send me a claim form. The way things are going recently with Link I'm sure I'll have plenty of other letters to send, so a book of stamps will come in very handy:)

I sent RD to Link's PO box and it often didn't show as delivered on track n trace...so in the end i complained to RM. Evidently there are sorting all this out and the Delivery Manager for that office is aware of the problem....yeh!!!!

Since then i have sent everything RD to their embankment office - seems to get through fine and i have definitive proof they have received it. Not that it makes much difference as they don't read the letter before replying!

Don't think anyone who works for Link actually can read .....

I wouldn't believe what they tell you, Link that is. They told me the same, funny thing was though they had admitted to receiving £1 PO which was in the same envelope as the letter.

I know, they always seem to receive the letters containing a cheque or PO don't they, but deny receiving anything else, even though as you say it's often in the same envelope, they must think we are almost as stupid as they are.