urgent help needed

scratch67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i need some urgent advice early on in the year feb to be exact we had a suspended evivtion put on our house but the month later it was lifted as we paid the arrears but the problem is we have fallen behind again this time we owe 4000 pounds and we have today had a letter from our mortgage company and there solicitors that they are applying for repossesion is there anything i can do we have a 6 yr old daughter and we only live 2 mins from her school any help and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Please do not worry can you answer the following

who is the mortgage comapny

what are the arreas

why did you get into arreas

is the mortgage in jpint names

Ellen will be able to help but she wont be on lkine untill tomorrow so if you can answer the above it will help

in the meentime can you do a budget sheet and also outline your circumstances

We can help and will do

Take care

Bona xxxxxxxx

Hi there, please try not to worry - there is lots we can do to help. I have affixed a budget sheet to this post - you should complete this to show how much you have left over each month to pay towards the arrears.

You then need to write to the solicitors (by recorded delivery) making your offer - I can help you with the letter. If they do proceed to court then you can show that you have tried to come to an arrangement. We can also help you with the court papers.

Please try not to worry too much, if you have an income and can show that you are able to make payments (even a small amount) each month towards the arrears then you will be ok.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

many thanks for your help i have filled in the budget sheet and we could afford 100 pounds extra each month on top of our 650 a month payments my mortgage is with gmac they phoned me two weeks ago and told me that they would not accept any proposals for payment and to start looking elsewhere because they were going for repo on my property due to the house prices i have no equity i owe 97000 on the mortgage and my house was valued 3 mths ago and it has dropped from 107000 pounds to just over 90000 pounds this is why im really worried my wife and i are worried sick and cant sleep or eat properly we dont want to lose our house and its also putting a strain on our marriage do you truly believe we have a chance of staying in our home we owe just over 4000 pounds

many thanks in advance

also yes the mortghage is in joint names earlier on in the year my wife broke her wrist and was off work not on full pay then a coupl of months ago i had an accident and was off for 6 weeks so again not earning a great deal and also 1 thing after the other has gone wrong i know you have to pay your mortgage but we had to have a new boiler put in our other packed in and also i new back door so all in all weve spent around 2000 pounds in the last 6 months on 2 things that had to be replaced

many

thanks

Ok please dont worry GMAC are not nice people we had a mortgage with them for years firstley you need to write to them tomorrow giving them your offer of an extra £100 a month send it recorded delivery and save the reciept as you will need that later. pay the sums owing and the £100 can you do that this month when did you last pay

They will not withdraw the warrent if they have applied for it but Ell-en can help you with your application to have it suspended once you have a date

Please do not worry but try to make a payment and send that letter

Take care

Bonaxxx

Hi there, do you need help with the letter? it should be sent as soon as possible?

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi ellen please could you help me with this letter im very worried at the moment the prioblem is im not able to make a payment till 24 of this month my mortgage company aalso advised mee a few weeks ago that because weve already had a suspended order earlier in the year we wont get it suspended again im now close to nervous breakdown and cant sleep

thanks in advance also do i send the letter to kings legal the solicitors and gmac

In my experience, I believe the last thing a Judge wants to do is get your house repossesed. If the sums show you can make a payment towards the arrears comfortably, and the Judge can make it lower than you think. You have the guidance and support here so just one thing at a time. By coming to CAGS this is the start of not worrying!!

Please dont worry as long as you can make a payment on the 24th that will help GMAC say all sorts of things you only have to read the threads to see people do have 2nd and third chances Can you get on line during the day monday to Friday iff you cant and Ell-en is not about I will help you if I can

Take care Bonaxxxx

Hi

Firstly, while I may not have much really useful advice, I can tell you, as a bank worker who has regular dealings professionally with GMAC, they are very aggressive, even to us when we are trying to send them money!!. It seems to be that their method of dealing with everyone is less than helpful. Please, please don't let them scare you ( I know this is easier said than done)

You have already taken good and responsible steps in calculating the extra you can pay off your own bat, and this will be looked upon favourably by the courts, as it clearly shows you want to sort this out.

keep your chin up.

Hi there, let me know when you're back on line and we'll get the letter done.

Ell-enn

• 3 weeks later...

hi im back online now ive been wotrking away for a couple of weeks and had no access to the internet i sent off letters on the 7 october but gmac says that they are not interesrted and are applying for repo ive recieved the letter this morning telling me tghat im being reposesed on 11 november a locksmith will attend im absolutely terrified i havent told my wife yet i really dont know what to do any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Hi there, OK you need to apply to the court for a hearing to suspend the eviction. This is done on a N244 form which you can download here:

Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home select forms and guidance on the left hand side and enter N244 in the box, you will then be taken to a page where you can download the form and print out.

Let me know when you have done that and I will give you instructions for completing the form.

Try not to worry too much, we can put together a defence to go with the N244.

You will need copies of the letters and budget sheet you sent to GMAC and also any letters from them refusing your offer.

let me know when you're ready.

Ell-enn

thanks my circumstances have taken a dramatic twist i will now be in a position on the 21 november to pay the 5000 pounds arreares in full but the problem is im being thrown out the week earlier is there no way i could speak to gmac or the courts telling them my proposal and that they maybe delay the eviction for 10 days

Hi Scratch, there is no way GMAC will cancel eviction without the money being paid first. You need to get a hearing to be able to tell the judge you can pay - will you have proof that you will have the money on 21st ?

Ell-enn

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Scratch, there is no way GMAC will cancel eviction without the money being paid first. You need to get a hearing to be able to tell the judge you can pay - will you have proof that you will have the money on 21st ?

Ell-enn

many thanks for all your advice im in a position to clear my arrears on friday ive spoken to gmac and their attitude as suddenly changed and now im paying thier being very helpful many thanks