Is it me or the DWP-dla Getting harder to claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am asking for some advice as the DWP are driving myself and my wife mad with the delays.....

Our story is a simple one and here it is...

We have a daughter who has Cerebal Palsy down her right side due to be being born at 26 weeks and weighing in at a tine 1 pound 14oz... She was not supposed to survive but did and is now 11 years old and in her first few weeks of senior school. Anyways, we were in receipt of DLA higher rate and middle rate care allowance. They awarded it in 2003 for a 5 year award. We are in the process of renewing this claim and we have been asked by the iddiot on the phone from the DWP is there any chnace she will be cured in the forseeable future.... Is this the mentality of the idiots in these government departments that this disability is curable.... If so can anyone tell me where I can take my little angel for help.... The DWP are now writing to all her consultants asking is she really ill...... Why is it then that the have given her a 5 year award and then now think she is now all better.... The diability is for life not a few weeks.....

Can anyone advise us where other than the CAB, her OT and the consultants we may be able to get advise from as they have so far taken 18 weeks of a so called 11 week process to still be unsure if we are trying to claim for something she is not entitled too....

My daughter is now to be classes as "NORMAL", whatever that is, as they now state they have 9 levels of Cerebal Palsy and she is only at around group 8 so that means she is normal..... WTF..... if she is normal why does she have walking aids, hand and leg splints.... Still having Physio and doctor treatment.... Injections of botox to build her right leg, steriods to support her spine.... Is all this really necessary then if she is NORMAL.....

Please I hate the DWP forms, and we are now having to appeal can anyone advise us.....

Thanks

Hi Jeanie family, I appealled and went to tribunal for my son, we were eventually sucessful, i had some help from Community legal advice who wrote the submissions on my behalf maybe you could try them they do it all over the phone they are based in newcastle i think