Madnskint vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all.

I have just received my statement copies back from halif*x (after only 3weeks must be a record lol). I am just in the process of putting all the info onto the spreadsheet but just wanted some advice on another issue..

Both my o/h and myself have overdrafts on our accounts, we have recently set up an account with another bank so we no longer have to get charges from halifax, the question is if we officially close our halifax accounts what happens with regards to the overdrafts? and the charges that they are stilll adding to the account?.

will they then start to pursue us for the amount owed?

Do the charges stop when the account is closed?

Will they even allow us to close the account while there is monies outstanding?

we are also currently setting up a CCCs payment plan for all our other creditors but I stupidly did not include the overdrafts in my plan.

any ideas?

thanks

Malcom hater

Halifax wont let you close your account while there is any outstanding debt on the account. You could work out a payment plan for the debt, and unfortunately the charges will still keep adding on to the account. But your account will be in dispute now so they can't pass it on to a DCA or default you. And a lot of the time, when you get the charges back, it will clear the debt for you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thanks SSL

Any idea of what i should do now?

One thing that worries me is that the CCCs may not want to set up a DMP for me know if my debt has increased. I cant beleive i didnt take the overdrafts into account:mad:.

You could contact them and explain you never thought until recently of it, and see what they say.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

ok I will give that a go, just looking through my statments I really cant beleive the amount that ive been charged, and also quite confused as to where some of the charges came from.

isnt there a limit to how many charges they can aply in a set period of time?

also having trouble understanding the spreadsheet tried reading the tutorials and now even more confused.

do you think they are more likely to want to settle this quickly if I am in debt with them because of the overdrafts?

Here is how Halifax work out the charges...

Halifax Bank Accounts - Understanding Fees

They will not rush your claim unless you are applying for financial hardship. It will get stayed, but once you file at court, the daily interest will be added for you. ;)

Is there anything in particular you are are struggling with on the spread sheets?

F&Q's... Read here

Thanks again SSL.

I think I had just been reading through too many statements and looking at to mant figures, then when I went to look at the spreadsheet stuff and it all just melded in to one big mass of numbers:confused:.

do I just use the complex spreadsheet or the "less" complex one?:eek:

Just use the SIMPLE one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

All you need to put is...

Charges as notified.......amount.....date.

It will work out the interest for you.

F&Q's... Read here

Your welcome...Crazy_blush_tweetz.gif

F&Q's... Read here