finally done it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my husband has a current account with the halifax and an overdraft.in the past 2 months we have had £240.00 charges without including previous charges from the last 6 years.

are we still able to try and reclaim the charges,even though the bank has made the direct debit etc;sometimes a matter of a few pence over.as i am concerned that if we try to claim the charges back,their argument would be that they made the payments anyway.

please help,as i have just joined this forum

last week ,we incurred £90.00 of charges.on querying them by e-mail on logging onto our account online,i received the following e-mail back from their online helpdesk

=

thank you for your e-mail dated 1st march 2006

please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this charge may have caused you.i am aware that charges are an issue that many customers feel strongly about.i can also understand that charges automatically applied to your account may sometimes seem a little excessive,however the fee reflects the administration and processing costs involved.

in order to assist you further,please contact bank accounts on 08457203040.our lines are open 24 hrs a day,7 days a week.

i trust this matter will be resolved by one of my colleagues regards

(blah!blah!blah!)

does this mean that the administration and processing costs were manual?

No, it means they don't know whether they're coming or going: "automatically" & "administration and processing costs involved" in 1 sentence? Boy, I'd like to see them try prove THAT one! :evil:

I like the semantic evasion: "however the fee reflects the administration and processing costs involved. " Note the "the fee reflects". Not "the fee accurately reflects", no.

thanks bookworm.i am sending you a copy of the e-mail from their online help desk.i did receive 2 ,as i also queried the £30.00 charges for going over our overdraft a few days earlier by just £2.80p,but unfortunately i deleted it.

• 1 month later...

Forum clean up - your claim threads have been merged. Please try to keep all posts about your claim to a single thread only. Thanks :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

hi everyone,

well ,after months of being a member of the consumer action group,i have finally written my DPA request tonight,to post off to the Halifax tomorrow morning ,by recorded delivery.

please wish me luck.at last,i am finally able to afford the £10.00 .Fingers crossed.

Good Luck maggie! I'm at the same stage. May I ask to which address did you send your DPA letter to? I sent mine to Trinity Road but I notice there is another at Commercial Street?

Data Protection Act sent 11.07.06

1st offer of £94 received 14.07.07(no thanks)

Statements rec'd 27.07.06 Total charges £591

2nd offer received 04.08.06 £281(refused)

LBA sent 14.08.06

FLBA sent 01.09.06

N1 Papers to Court 11.09.06 £722

Issued 22.09.06, Deemed served 26.09.06

Letter received 27.09.06 Paying in full within 5 days!:p

Hi, i sent a request letter to halifax for 2 a/cs and enclosed 2 chqs for £10 each. They sent i chq back to me and kept the other. Apparently you only need 1 chq for £10 for each bank not each a/c (Maximum fee is £10). Are they charging £5 per a/c? I was reading another thread earlier and they were charged £15 in total for 3 a/cs. very confusing!

I have recieved statements for 1 a/c but not the other. 40 days run out on Sunday! Wonder if they will arrive tomorrow?!!

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

received statements yesterday(1/08/06.sorry only now have i had time to post).

problem is ,statements sent are only backdated to October 2004. I have no idea if we had incurred charges before this date.Should i write and ask if they would send the remaining statements,or are the charges shown on the statements I received,the only ones we incurred,as requested by the D P A letter?

Total of charges =3345.00

Hi Maggie,

Did you request 6 years worth of statements? If you did you should ring them and ask for the rest. Or they may arrive in the post tomorrow-mine arrived in about 42 envelopes!!(They did all arive together though)

Good Luck

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks