Hardship cases.

Tawnyowl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had a hardship case against Abbey granted-just wondering.If you have please post how you managed it.Would be sooo interested.Must be someone.Or any success with any lender.:)

Edited by tawnyowl

FOS Abbey hardship claim Right I have spoken to them via phone. They will refund the charges (around £1250) but will not discuss the interest (quite a significant sum) or the court fees (£220). Nor will they budge on the interest on the loan, which has gone up again this week to 17.9%.

Any ideas? Am I now in a worse position because how can I proceed with the court case if the charges are refunded just for the interest/costs

Abbey are not making it easy for him-taking the interest into account -not sure how much this is-will try to find out plus the court fees or the interest on the loan which has gone up-sounds like Abbey have weighed up things-and because the FOS are involved have decided to try to offer a sweetener to perhaps hope he settles and spare them any more hassle.

Suppose the interest could be anywhere up to 600-but like i say will try to find out.If this is the case-Abbey are not being very generous or charitable-at his hour of need .But like you say some success at least.

I've had another small payment from Abbey, the balance is now £1800 interest and court fees - the FOS aren't interested in this part of it and say Abbey have met their obligations so it looks like I'll be off to court eventually for interest and costs. I've accepted the payments as partial settlement of my claim.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

I have just had an offer of payout on financial hardship on Friday they are payinmg me 65% = £4.3K of my claim which was stayed by the test case and I am informed that this will not preduduce my claim for the balance after the test case. I have not had to sign anything and the money will be in my account during next week.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/65003-ds-abbey-bank.html

Providing all the documentation is in order and they dealt with mine in under 4 weeks.

If anyone requires any help please let me know.

Tuttsi xx

Well done-i am sure your experience will help others-nice feeling i bet to get something back after all the taking off you. Abbey maybe have half a heart after all-Wonder who in the bank decides to pay. Wouldn't like their job.Enjoy your partial payout tawnyowl-such good news.

Edited by tawnyowl