best parachute account?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to open a parachute account, can any one reccommend a bank who does not charge stupidly over the top charges (not that I m planning to be caught by them again !) as we should support them in pricipal.

Secondly, what is the easiest basic (or otherwise) account to open, in terms of walk in off the street with appropriate ID as credit ratings could mean exclusion from the majority?

This site is nothing short of a god send and the management deserve to be honoured. (without bunging Tony a massive loan)

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

Without being an expert and without being a great fan of any of the banks, I would advise the co-op cashminder. I opened it as a parachute account. It takes a week to set up and a week to receive a visa electron debit card (also cash card). It is one of the few basic accounts that gives a debit card, but you still get no cheque book. Can have DD and SO and can be operated via most cash machines and via the post office counters (as well as co-op branches). Deposits at PO are very easy, you just put your card in the card reader, hand over the cash and the money gets in immediately and you get a receipt. They send you special envelopes for paying in cheques at the PO. No paying in slips are needed i nany case. Credit rating is no problem for the cashminder. Full use of Internet banking and 24h telephone banking is also available for no extra charge.

Careful: they still charge £19.50 for bounced items but no bank will agree not to charge high fees (still). So operate this carefully while your case with the other banks is negotiated. They promised they would consider upgrading me to the full current account after 3 months of careful operation. To be honest all I needed was ease to pay in money after 4:30 when I finish work (most banks close at 4:30) and a debit card. So to h**l with the full account.

Thanks both, "Its all at the co-op Now" (cheesy old 1970s Jingel) showing my age there!

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

• 6 months later...
I need to open a parachute account, can any one reccommend a bank who does not charge stupidly over the top charges (not that I m planning to be caught by them again !) as we should support them in pricipal.

Secondly, what is the easiest basic (or otherwise) account to open, in terms of walk in off the street with appropriate ID as credit ratings could mean exclusion from the majority?

This site is nothing short of a god send and the management deserve to be honoured. (without bunging Tony a massive loan)

Go to France and open an account there and you will pay a lot less and you can manage your account via internet without any problem and you can get a cart bleu Visa immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, i have just opened a nat west step account as my parachute account. it was really easy to open all you need is 2 statements from your excisting account and passport or driving licence as id. if you dont want to show statements i was told you can show 2 utility bills instead. i filled in simple form and that was it. with a step account you can have a debit card if you wish that will only allow you to draw out what is in your account. great for me.. maybe good for you!!

good luck getting what is rightfully yours!:rolleyes: