Car Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes it is but I won't keep a car with a fault known both by Audi UK and Germany. It does my head in as it is!

The fault/s is more than one. From day one, there has been serious vibrations and rattling.

They have already found (and double checked with another dealership), faults with the shocks which got changed at 9000 miles (I had only had the car for 3000 by now)

The Dash had to be refit with felt added throughout

The most recent time went in for the entire steering rack + pump + pipe + fluid to be changed.

But as a result, the noise got a bit louder and the other noises came back

They say the car is "now" safe to drive however the faults all remain.

So yes I can drive it but if I'm rejecting it, then I'm car-less

I will see what Audi say tomorrow along with finance company, unfortuntly, the nature of these issues always fall on bad times for me - such as bank holidays! This problem could have progressed a day earlier otherwise.

OK got the car back a few hours ago and handed the Q7 loan carback

We had a nice chat as per usual at the dealership... they are fantastic people I have to say

Initially, spoke to a colleague of the guy I normally deal with as he was busy with another customer.

The colleague passed me the paperwork including all past paperwork of work carried out.

Read through it and noticed the main one stating the "issue" at hand had gone to Audi Germany and is not fixed, was not present.

By now, I was talking to the normal guy and he sat there after closing hours typing it up and gave a copy to me.

I explained my next step/action and that I want to now reject the car with the dealership up north.

He said if there were ANY questions in the quality of the car and the repairs and fault, I could give his details to any party involves and he would have a word with them explaining all the issues and unresolved ones.

That really put my mind to rest as I now was not alone.

Bit daunting as this is the first time I am taking something as far as this

Went to the car, sat in - very weird as I am no longer as high up as the Q7 and the mirrors are tiny! But nice to be back in and smell my leather :)

Noticed as I was getting in two slight dings in the front and back. Told the guy and he came out to check it - quite angry that something like this had happened. We both agreed in the 3 weeks, someone must have tried t get out of their tight spaces and nudged the car. Both were fresh marks.

He said to leave it wth him and he'll get it sorted

Again, puts my mind to rest.

So at the moment, my letter is ready to be sent off to the dealership up north for a reject/refund now. I no longer want a replacement from THEM though I will buy another Audi from the dealership I have been dealingwith for these issues.

Trading standards are due to ring me tomorrow as is one of the big guys up north for the Audi Group itself. He was on holiday today but his PA and his colleague both responded to my mail I sent on Saturday to say they do acknowledge it and will chase this up personally with the manager tomorrow.

I will update this tomorrow all being well.

On another note, as mentioned earlier, the noise was reduced. This was the case but after my hour drive home, all vibrations/noise re-appeared including a new one 45mins into the drive from the centre of the dash.

fun fun fun

Hi all,

I sent an email on Saturday to the group manager and his colleague to talk about all the issues with the car AND now their staff.

I got a call today and had a chat with him.

It started off with what the problems are - I explained + talked about it NOT being fixed in the near future as it's now a known issue and could be a recall.

He then asked me what car I would like... I explained as the 2.0 TDIs suffer from it, a 2.7TDI A4 (new shape) or current A6 shape

but it has to be exactly if not higher spec to mine bearing in mind I want the Phantom Black I PAID for and not the Brilliant black it came with.

He then went on to talk about how it would cost a bit more for the 2.7 but would investigate. I questioned this and he said :

"You have driven the car for 4-5 months, it has depreciated, I have to sell this car now"

His answer is:

"Clear finance, and start over on a new contract with a new car"

I made sure he repeated this so I understood his solution.

I then explained about rejecting the car for a full refund which would mean I could put the entire amount towards a new car + the £2500 I have now paid in the last 4 months on the finance scheme. He said he had not heard of any policy in regards to refunding the vehicle

We have now left it at him finding replacement cars to the spec I want and he said to give him a few days to do some digging around.

While I found some for him, they were not from that dealership and he said they would have to then BUY from another dealership making a loss.

So that is where it stands now...he has agreed to replacing but not refunding. The replacement will also mean I will have to pay extra!

What are your thoughts on this?

I am going to drop him an email saying that firstly, it has been in the dealership for over a month - what happens to a months payment that has been wasted?

Also the spec I expect + age (I expect now an 57/08) as the one I purchased was a 07 registered so I dont expect the current finance price to buy another 07 (as it would be much cheaper now).

Appreciate any answers. My understanding is, they have agreed there is a problem, I have it writing that the problem is now unfixable and is with Audi, but yet they will not refund?

thanks all

Without divulging to much here can you give an approximate location of this dealership please? is this by any chance wearside audi or tyneside/teeside?.:D

Best Regards.

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

OK everyones fallen asleep or gone to holiday again!

Latest update is that >I

I have sent these to him but they are not from the dealership so he is finding out how much they can get them from the dealerships they are at.

So it still stands that I will get no refund, finance on current will be cleared "at no cost" (I am confirming this by him) and a new one will start on a car we find.

I have also emailed to say I can walk from the dealership with no car or not?

So Audi called me today saying they found a car

Got into an argument as he is now saying I have to pay the balance/difference between todays value and the settlement figure

That doesnt make sense as if the car had no faults, I wouldnt need to pay anything for a replacement. As a like-for-like replacement is not viable, it is their duty to refund or replace but not make me pay for the current finance agreement!

Told them where to go, contacted VW Financial Services and have now sent ALL details as requested to them, Audi UK and a contact at Audi UK.

Sent a rejection email to Audi dealership including a letter going to them too.

As they were already were given 7 days to sort this out, I have given another for rejection or a "resolution" to both parties (or all parties) before taking this further.

Can anyone advise on legal proceedings if it gets that far?

At the moment, it is in the hands of VW financial services who I have the current HP agreement with