• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CCA REQUEST TO MBNA my journey by Maz

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya guys,,,

ive rung up Consumer Direct about the cca copies that i cant read andthey informed me that they DO need to be legible and clear. Which of course we all know from our own experiences they are NOT

therefore ive hunted as best as i can i cant seem to find an appropiate letter saying this simply to them, I just want a short sharp reply to them and making it very clear what they have provided does not allow me or my legal experts to understand the information -

what do you guys suggest?

Very sorry guys, from post 100 onwards now ive looked back, ive confused myself a bit, thanks for the help given so far, i think now its time for the letter but anyone can give me a template that i might be able to amend to enter my above thoughts in too - thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkyoooooooooooooooooo

thank you, i await your help as usual i know

ciao for now laters MAZ;)

Edited by maz1964

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya guys

thanks lexis and citizenb

i think will be able to use that letter just tweak it a bit, definately the type for my cl debenhams thread too,

thanks to you both, my mind is a bit clearer - wait and see, im just improving with age...lol

take care my friends laters ciao maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya all

thats why im mulling it all over, there is part of me that believes i would stand on better ground to keep responding with letters,

the other part is trying to stand up to them, and their bully antics by not doing anything

does that make sense?

because i had been paying them and until i requested the cca have stopped as per the account is in dispute - which is reasonable until they provide the correct paperwork in a legible manner

but if i just send the last letter clearly stating

only the below - (extract from a letter given to me before)

The document sent purporting to be a credit agreement does not contain any of the prescribed terms as required by section 60(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) made under the authority of the “1974 Act” sets out what the prescribed terms are, I refer you to Schedule 6 Column 2 of SI 1983/1553 for the definition of what is required. I have not written them here for you as I’m sure you are well aware of them, suffice to say none of the terms are present in the document

I also am unable to read the information on the two pages presented to me on the Application form due to the utter illegibility of the copies. This in itself contravenes the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557). Nor evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’.

Regulation 2 states:

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the .

You had until the xxxxx to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into, and currently remain in, default of my request.

In addition, I draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading’s guidance on debt collection which was issued July 2003 (updated December 2006), relating to debt collections and what the OFT considers unfair. I have enclosed an excerpt from page 5 of the guidance which states:

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or

disputed debt.

Whilst the account remains in dispute (for clarity, the lack of a compliant credit agreement is a very clear dispute), under section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you may not enforce the agreement. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

-You may not demand any payment on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

-You may not add any further interest or charges to this account.

-You may not pass this account to any third party.

-You may not register any information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies. The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any such attempts to share my data without my consent (given in the form of a signed credit agreement) will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

-You may not issue a default notice related to this account.

Please note that to register information with the credit reference agencies, or to issue a default notice, would also be in breach of Section 13.6 of The Banking Code, which stipulates that you can only register such information if the amount owed is not in dispute.

What I Require.

I require that you send me a clear and legible true copy of the executed agreement as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you are unable to supply the requested documentation because no such agreement is in existence I require written clarification as such.

I require that you comply with my request within 7 days of the date of this letter. I will not correspond any further with you until I either receive a copy of the requested documents as laid down in section 78(1) CCA 74 or clarification that such agreement doesn’t exist.

No other correspondence will be accepted, and should you commence telephone contact again, as previously written to you that all correspondence is to be in writing only this will be a clear indication to me that you have chosen to ignore my reasonable request. I will then report all harrassment details to the relevant authorities.

I think i would be happier in just sending this final letter as it explains fully the reason of my not paying as the account is clearly in dispute.

AM I doing too much, you start this and then end up thinking is this then too much for me to handle, sorry not been well this week and my resolve is a little hazy

will be back later to your final comments

thanks maz

hiya all and especially HH - i do take on board your comments thanks

i have sent appropiate letters that are within the legal and reasonable requests the law affords us

i do feel better for now.

should it go to court i can show i was reasonable

anyway will update you when i get any next replies

keep happy ciao laters maz;)

hello sexon

welcome to our madhouse, no seriously, im happy you dropped firstly onto my thread,

get to learn a bit around the forum and you will get good info

you then can start your own thread or threads one for the mastercard and the other for the loan you then can get info on each aspect you want answering

you do have to allow them the 12+2 days to send the info, im not sure about the loan aspect and also as it was over 25,000. im sure others will advise

take care and shout if you get stuck ciao for now maz

hiya lexis

sometimes i cant sleep you know how it is i finally get here on the pc after my dd has done her college work and i just drift on and read and get engrossed in so many threads, im thinking in a strange kind of way its making me more knowledgeable and less worried

i was up at 7

off to a volunteer meeting now so catch up laters ciao for now hope you are doing okay

ciao take care too MAZ:D

hello all

welcome to those of you newbies who have subbed, i do hope my thread is of help and it makes sense, cos if it does pls let me know lol

anyway, a bit of an update after my latest mad letter, it appears they have now understood or decieded that im complaining,,,oh only took them a few months to realise that, but anyway i think they have finally got the message so will awiat on the latest reply from them and let you know,

i will see what their next move is now, keep happy and chill, ciao for now maz

No Comment.

plsllslslslslllllllll pls can i just say "Get me Outa of here"......;lol

off to bed have a fun day ciaooooooooooooo maz:grin:

• 3 weeks later...

hiya update

they have sent a final letter i need to go the fos

update on this

they say have supplied the terms and conditions and the faint illegible cca's so have considered all for me, and sent final letter and refers me to fos,

i will be sending fos the information

will this now continue as a dispute ? until the ombudsman declares them right or sits on the fence or heaven help actually says possibly we are right? holding my breath

if it continues as a dispute until the ombudsman comes to a decision i can continue to withhold payment?

they also cannot add further charges or interest ?

also as ive 3 claims for the same creditor should i do 3 seperate claims and put each information on each claim as the final letter summised all 3 accounts?

i dont want the 3 accounts mixed up in anyway, i want them treated seperately can i do this?

update on this

bumping up as need advise pls on my previous post

my daughter took a call today and they told her a number for me to call them back,

im upset that they have manipulated my daughter to be used as my PA, when they have already had a letter in the past to discuss all in writing to me and from me,

i think i need a strong letter in responce to this and also should i mention info being sent to fos too, will now post on monday

and no i wont be calling them back, im looking to see if i can find my previous letter so i can include this to all and also maybe now a direct complaint to ts and oft?>??

many thanks im off to do a coffee and i will be here for a few hours

ciao maz

Edited by maz1964

Hi

must jus pop in to comment.

I believe ignoring is not the best policy, I would not wish to be ignor-ant.

Any creditor legit or not will appreciate correspondence over silence, even when it makes em fume! (I've had to chase debts sometimes)

Communication keeps the world turning.

When I have tried ignoring creditors things jus seem to get worse :(

and when I've communicated it all feels better :) even if its not!!

Clear the head--get on paper

Cheers

H & H

hiya H & H

i really did take your advice and i got then the Final letter, lol

so there is me up for a good communication and i got stopped in my tracks so to speak .... this is funny

oh well onto the fos i guess now unless all you kind caggers can now advise on my previous couple of posts

have a fun day ciao for now maz

many thanks Sunflower,,,,how are you okay?

im just so cross today, im fired up to doing anything in writing of course lol

ll wait on the experienced caggers like you say we are pretty new to all this

take care and cya soon ciao maz

HIYa LEXIS

oops sorry caps,,,i got interrupted a friend just called was thinking of posting you a message actually thanks for the bump

yes im off for the rest of the week, and will be putting my cases to fos

i was advised by cb on another of my threads i think the alliance/leice if i recall but anyway

have a look at my monument thread,,,so excited,,,,,,,

sorry to divert you all but pls take a look,,,,,,,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/167979-cca-monument-my-journey.html

ciao for now maz will update you tomorrow on this thread

hiya sparkie and godmother,

how does this make is possible for us to check how they have applied the interest

thanks for the info by the way im still learning along the way

ciao for now maz

hey Godmother great minds think alike...lol

many thanks sparkie very much appreciated ciao maz

hiya Sparkie

i can see what you are now saying, my head hurts though, but of course its like when you say save, you earn more interest on the compounded part, so interest on interest,

is my reasoning becoming a bit clearer, for myself, all i know is that if they have done this, of course the debt increases as months go, as interest is put on interest,

so something i must get clearer on, wont havemy pc for the next couple of days but will be back later in the week

many thanks def food for thought, i love learning all about this stuff,

thanks, done you a tickle...ciao for now maz

• 2 months later...

hiya all just a bit of update

i got a letter stating that they will sell my debt of one of my lower mbna cards if i dont contact them by the end of jan as they have tried to assist me in the past 6 months - what with the shoddy copies of the cca and then stopping me with my complaint and told me to go to fos, who i think wont do anything now ive read loads of threads

so my dilemma is now ask to view the copy of the cca agreement myself so i can sure they have a fully executed agreement,

or let them default me and sell the account on

or how if anything should i do right now ?

many thanks i feel time has come to take the bull by the horns on this one now

catch up laters angel x

• 1 month later...

well a bit of a update

received a dn from them, i will try and post up tomorrow now

as id sent them a letter again only in writing and complained about calls

they have now sold my debt on, and this is the end of the matter as far as they are concerned and to go to fos

well i think that must be my priorty tomorrow

however, i hope anyone else has any other ideas, would appreciate it [b]The Front copy of cca is in post 94[/b]

off to bed now but be back bright and early in the morning

good nite all laters angel x

Edited by angel_1

hey after the day ive had, as you both know lexis and GM huge thanks

i m happy with anything with ALCOHOL in it,,,,:D

later dudes angel x

oh lexis that takes me back 10 years,,,lol

angel x:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

hiya underdog

many thanks for this , i did see it on other threads and now finally got around to mine

i understand this better now thanks

by the way one of mine been defaulted, terminated i hope cos its gone to a dca and now lewis,,,, so what happens now if i dont pay them anything, we go around and around the circle,,,,oh they would like my 10.00 for info,,,not likely oh dear,,,,

laters guys angel x

hy underdog

that actually might buy more time and could in fairness see if they actually send the same document through,,or if its funny in any way we can look at this in more depth

im going by memory now cos i have to do dinner

but yes, after default from mbna,told me would be selling debt i think the letter from lewis has this little bosx saying notice of assignement with an amount owed

i suppose no harm in requesting cca that would really be interesting,,,,hmme

will be back later,,,,thanks angel x

hiya all

am a bit confused,,,cos are cl finance and lewis group entwined,,,cos different letters arrive with diff names

so im thinking they are i think ive read they are

so as ive had a letter telling me that they will send out a person to visit so they can then inform their legal team and im to take it very very seriously,,,,

should i -

1. send a no visit to my home letter, no phone calls and only in writing..

2. Do not acknowledge any debt to their company, and what letter do i send?

3. or is a letter requesting my cca with 1.00 enclosed from this company now appropiate?

4. a previous letter did say i could send 10.00 for all info they hold on me,,,but ,,,,,,,,, rather do the cca route if that is more appropiate

what other info you need pls ask as this is my first dca so unsure still of proceedures,,,

am out for a bit will be back laters thanks angel x

hiya citizenB

many thanks for your speedy reply and clarifications

so i will scan the letters when i get back in later today

just to update you this is one of the mbna ones that ive disputed with mbna about it not being clear copy of what they sent me of the credit agreement, which they just responded i had to send to fos,,,but i havent as yet,,,

,maybe i should say that this is still my dispute with mbna that what they have provided cannot be read legibly and am still awaiting on a clear and legible copy.....would this still render it as Being in Dispute? thanks

if so, then of course will act on that letter you linked me to,,,

speak later today cheers angel x