Groucho Lives!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is one to amuse you on this new day of the month. Fair Parking received a letter today from Trethowans - alleged solicitors and approved BPA Operator, regarding one of our sister companies. The usual toothless threatening bunkum, however the last sentence read

'If you have received this letter following an appeal, please take this as confirmation that your appeal has been rejected'.

So I've read that what Trethowans are trying to say is - 'no matter what you said, no matter how convincing and no matter how correct it may or may not have been we've rejected what we think may have been an appeal, even though we don't know if there was one or what it was based on.

Didn't Groucho Marx sing something like that in his classic 'No matter what you say, I'm against it' - and of course he was a partner in that famous firm of radio lawyers. Flywheel, Shyster and Flywheel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update! No letter received from Trethowans solicitors, instead an email arrived in reply to the standard Fair Parking acknowledgement which reads 'Thank you for letter dated.....It is has been passed on to our clients who will no doubt contact you if they feel it necessary'

A Diane Bantten, Debt Collection Manager and member of FILEX;- a hush hush way of admitting that she isn't a solicitor wrote and said that she was passing this letter on to the 'crime policy team' at the DVLA. Her point was that we should know that it is an 'offence' for a registered keeper to submit false information relating to his name and address to the DVLA under section 45 of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act.

1) There is no crime policy team at the DVLA.

2) Its usually best to report suspected crimes to the police

3) It might have been better to advise the rk rather than the intermediary of any potention threat

4) VERA is about registering vehicles rather than taxing them

5) The name and address of rk is correct

So I asked this Diane Bantten just which part of our very non descript letter did she feel had contravened the law. No reply was the loud answer and all attempts to contact a 'crime policy team' at the DVLA have met with confusion at the DVLA.

In the end we concluded that Diane Bantten's email was just another example of the wounded animal lashing out.

Nothing has been heard from the DVLA

Thought you would like to know that over a week ago Diane Bantten was invited to read this thread and to make a contribution to the debate. On the basis that she had been telling the truth, she had nothing to lose. On the basis that she was lying, she would never have the courage to reply.

Nothing. Not a letter or an email.

Trethowans stupidly tried to use lies in order to derail the realisation that somebody knows precisely how to nullify them. To misquote one of Tommy Docherty's famous football sayings. 'If a defender hasn't the skill or the knowledge to stop you fairly, he'll have no alternative but to try and trip you up. It's a compliment'.

I must thank Trethowans for the compliment.

Must post one final invite to Diane Bantten.

Still no word from D. Bantten or the DVLA's ghost 'crime policy team'. Time to wrap this one up as Trethowans clearly do not have anything meaningful or logical to say.

Their bluff was called and they lost.

Time for them to crawl back and hide.

Oh lamma - if only I had your faith in solicitors' self regulatory bodies.......

Actually I am quite happy with the end result. Whenever Trethowans come across our scheme in future, they'll know that they will never receive a penny from the members and that there is nothing that they can do about it.

That's precisely the message I'm trying to impart.

Edited by Fair-Parking