• Tweets

• My understanding is that they won't provide the name to me whether the investigation is Live or Closed, & I have no legal rep as I didn't have P.I. Cover on my policy, & am intending to claim using OIC.org.uk, but remain completely stuck as they 100% cannot open a claim on the portal without both the Reg. No. & Name of the other driver.  
    • thanks again ftmdave, your words are verey encouraging and i do appreciate them. i have taken about 2 hours to think of a letter to write to the ceo...i will paste it below...also how would i address a ceo? do i just put his name? or put dear sir? do you think its ok?  i would appreciate feedback/input from anybody if anything needs to be added/taken away, removed if incorrect etc. i am writing it on behalf of my friend..she is the named driver  - im the one with the blue badge and owner of the car - just for clarification. thanks in adavance to everyone.       My friend and I are both disabled and have been a victim of disability discrimination on the part of your agents.   I have been incorrectly 'charged' by your agent 'excel parking' for overstaying in your car park, but there was no overstay. The letter I recieved said the duration of stay was 15 minutes but there is a 10 minute grace period and also 5 minutes consideration time, hence there was no duration of stay of 15 minutes.   I would like to take this oppertunity to clarify what happend at your Gravesend store. We are struggling finacially due to the 'cost of living crisis' and not being able to work because we are both disabled, we was attracted to your store for the 10 items for £10 offer. I suffer dyslexia and depression and my friend who I take shopping has a mobility disability. We went to buy some shopping at your Gravesend branch of Iceland on 28th of December 2023, we entered your car park, tried to read and understand the parking signs and realised we had to pay for parking. We then realised we didnt have any change for the parking machine so went back to look for coins in the car and when we couldnt find any we left. As my friend has mobility issues it takes some time for me to help him out of the car, as you probably understand this takes more time than it would a normal able bodied person. As I suffer dyslexia I am sure you'll agree that it took me more time than a normal person to read and understand the large amount of information at the pay & display machine. After this, it took more time than an able bodied person to leave the car park especially as I have to help my friend on his crutches etc get back into the car due to his mobility disability. All this took us 15 minutes.   I was the driver of my friends car and he has a blue badge. He then received a 'notice to keeper' for a 'failure to purchase a parking tariff'. On the letter it asked to name the driver if you wasnt the driver at the time, so as he wasnt the driver he named me. I appealed the charge and told them we are disabled and explained the situation as above. The appeal was denied, and even more so was totally ignored regarding our disabilities and that we take longer than an able bodied person to access the car and read the signs and understand them. As our disabilities were ignored and disregarded for the time taken I believe this is discrimination against us. I cannot afford any unfair charges of this kind as I am severely struggling financially. I cannot work and am a carer for my disabled Son who also has a mental and mobility disability. I obviously do not have any disposable income and am in debt with my bills. So its an absolute impossibility for me to pay this incorrect charge.     After being discriminated by your agent my friend decided to contact 'iceland customer care team' on my behalf and again explained the situation and also sent photos of his disabled blue badge and proof of disability. He asked the care team to cancel the charge as ultimately its Iceland's land/property and you have the power over excel parking to cancel it. Again we was met with no mention or consideration for our disability and no direct response regarding the cancellation, all we was told was to contact excel parking. He has replied over 20 times to try to get the 'care team' to understand and cancel this but its pointless as we are just ignored every time. I believe that Ignoring our disability is discrimination which is why I am now contacting you.     I have noticed on your website that you are 'acting' to ease the 'cost of living crisis' : https://about.iceland.co.uk/2022/04/05/iceland-acts-to-ease-the-cost-of-living-crisis/   If you really are commited to helping people in this time of crisis ..and especially two struggling disabled people, can you please cancel this charge as it will only cause more damage to our mental health if you do not.  
    • I've also been in touch via the online portal to the Police's GDPR team, to request the name of the other Driver. Got this response:   Dear Mr. ---------   Our Ref: ----------   Thank you for your request which has been forwarded to the Data Protection Team for consideration.   The data you are requesting is third party, we would not give this information directly to you.   Your solicitor or legal team acting on our behalf would approach us directly with your signed (wet) consent allowing us to consider the request further.   I note the investigation is showing as ‘live’ at this time, we would not considered sharing data for suggested injury until the investigation has been closed.   If you wish to pursue a claim once the investigation has been closed please signpost your legal team to [email protected]   Kind regards   ----------------- Data Protection Assistant    
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Hi everyone, Apologies for bringing up the same topic regarding these individuals. I wish I had found this forum earlier, as I've seen very similar cases. However, I need your help in figuring out what to do next because we've involved our partners/resellers. I work as an IT Manager in a company outside of the UK. We acquired a license from a certified reseller (along with a support agreement) and also obtained training sessions from them. The issue arose when we needed to register two people for the training sessions, so we used an external laptop for the second user to keep up with the sessions for only a month. During this period, the laptop was solely used for the training sessions. After two weeks, my boss forwarded an email to me from Ms Vinces, stating that we are using illicit software from SolidWorks. Since this has never happened to me or anyone we know, I went into panic mode and had a meeting with her. During the meeting, we explained that we were using an external laptop solely for the training sessions and that the laptop had not been used within the company since her email. She informed us that for such cases, there are demos and special licenses (though our reseller did not mention these types of licenses when we made our initial purchase). She then mentioned that we had utilized products worth approximately €25k and presented us with two options: either pay the agreed value or acquire SolidWorks products. We expressed that the cost was too high, and our business couldn't support such expenses. I assured her that we would discuss the matter with the company board and get back to her. After the meeting, we contacted the company reseller from whom we purchased the license, explained the situation, and mentioned the use of an external laptop. They said they would speak to Maria and help mediate the situation. We hoped to significantly reduce the cost, perhaps to that of a 1-year professional license. Unfortunately, we were mistaken. The reseller mediated a value €2k less than what Maria had suggested (essentially, we would need to acquire two professional lifetime licenses and two years of support for a total of €23k). This amount is still beyond our means, but they insisted that the price was non-negotiable and wouldn't be reduced any further. The entire situation feels odd because she never provided us with addresses or other evidence (which I should have requested), and she's pressuring us to resolve the matter by the end of the month, with payment to be made through the reseller. This makes me feel as though the reseller is taking advantage of the situation to profit from it. Currently, we're trying to buy some time. We plan to meet with the reseller next week but are uncertain about how to proceed with them or whether we should respond to the mediator.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax sent me an unsigned copy of "an" agreement

Ypnos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I recently requested from the Halifax a copy of my credit agreement with them (credit card) about 2 months ago. last week they finally sent me a response. In it, they enclosed a standard credit agreement which was just a print out, with no signatures from anyone.

They also enclosed a letter stating that this is all they are required to provide under Section 78 of the CCA.

I know this is not true and that they need to provide a true signed (by both parties) copy of the agreement. In the meantime, they are still demanding payments from me even though, under Section 78 the debt is unenforcible.

Can anyone please give me some direction on how I should proceed from here?

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this one.

Should get up their noses.

Dear xxxxxxxxx

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

I have this morning **Date** received a copy application form from you.

My original Statutory Request to **Bank**, made on **Date** was for a copy of my credit agreement conforming to Section 61 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

**Bank** had a statutory time limit in which to reply with the requested information; that limit expired on **Date** at which point **Bank** entered into Default under Section 78 (6)(a) of the Consumer Credit Act.

A further statutory time limit expired on **Date** at which point **Bank** failed to comply with Section 78 (1) and thus committed a criminal offence under Section 78 (6)(b) of the Act.

The document I have now received (X days after the second time limit expired) does not comply with the Consumer Credit Act requirements for a Properly Executed Agreement. The Section 78 default alone would render the agreement unenforceable and the incorrect documentation merely confirms the fact.

I therefore do not acknowledge any debt to **Bank** and do not consider that I have any obligation to make payments to you.

I now consider the matter closed.

Your faithfully

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi,

I think the Crminal Offense part was removed under the 2008 revisions - I've been told this now by a few people...May be one to check?

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

Yes it was repealed with CCA2006, but bear in mind that's a direct quote from '74 regs and is designed to ram the point home. If they want to argue the toss over the differences then let them.

In all honesty it was never used anyway, so was quite pointless.

I didn't say that at all.

They have failed to comply with your CCA request and until such time as they do the debt is in default.

They shouldn't take any further action until such time as they comply with your request.

Guest dvdriley

I took out a Mint credit card in 2003. I requested a copy CC which I received. I beleive the agreement is unenforceable. On the credit agreement they sent it states my credit limit as £4500.00. However on the seperate terms and conditions , unsigned, it shows credit limit as £9400.00. These cannot be the terms and conditions sent with the agreement from 2003. Also they are on a seperate piece of paper, not the reverse of the agreeement. The agreement is not signed my them and it only shows interest rate, the rest is data protection stuff. Also the apr is idfferent to the agreement.

Also they applied the £1.00 to my account? Whrer do i go now?

Guest dvdriley

took out a Mint credit card in 2003. I requested a copy CC which I received. I beleive the agreement is unenforceable. On the credit agreement they sent it states my credit limit as £4500.00. However on the seperate terms and conditions , unsigned, it shows credit limit as £9400.00. These cannot be the terms and conditions sent with the agreement from 2003. Also they are on a seperate piece of paper, not the reverse of the agreeement. The agreement is not signed my them and it only shows interest rate, the rest is data protection stuff. Also the apr is idfferent to the agreement.

Also they applied the £1.00 to my account? Whrer do i go now?

Guest forgottenone

Well, firstly ... you will need to start your own thread, as it will be considered bad form using someone elses thread. Oh, and it means it will confuse issues for the OP as well. Then, so that others here can see whether it's enforceable or not you will need to scan the document, then post it on CAG.

;)

Edited by forgottenone

Guest forgottenone

By clicking on 'NEW THREAD' at the top of this or any of the other forum pages.

Or, even, the bottom! Always on top in my browser. :D

• 1 month later...

Nothing at all...Just save your payments up if you can - I have just incase..;)...

They obviously are ignoring your letter that states the account is in dispute..So in dispute it stays until they send you an enforceable agreement...:D

However, it will probably get sold to a DCA at some point so just let us know when that happens and we can give you a couple of letters to send to them too...

But other than that, the onus is on them to respond and until they do you can't do anything - Enjoy the silence my friend...

M

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

• 3 months later...

Hi

Got an update on this

I've had a reply from Halifax. They have apparently investigated the issues I have raised and they do _not_ accept my following "claims":

That their automated phone system broke any regulations

That calling me every hour from 8am to 9pm is harassment

That the unsigned copy of the credit agreement does not comply with the relevant

They have also enclosed another copy of another unsigned credit agreement plus all statements since I took out this card in 2004.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have received further correspondence.

1 letter saying that I am in arrears. Then 1 letter saying they're taking me to court and then 1 letter basically repeating what their last letter (which I posted about on 11 Dec 2008 in this thread).

They have still not provided a signed copy of an agreement, but they have enclosed copies of my credit card statements.

Where do I stand with this? Do I have a snowball's chance in court?

The phone calls have stopped, so I'm not too bothered about that - I'm just worried about the court. I don't mind going if I know I can win. Is it time for me to find a solicitor?

this should do the trick:-

Dear Sir or Madam

On (date) i wrote to you making a request inder the consumer credit act 1974, this request was for you to provide me with a signed true copy of my credit agreement with (name of company).

As you should be aware, when such a request is made, you have 12+2 days in which to respond by providing the document, your deadline for doing this ran out on (date), and, as you have not provided me with the document i requested, i now place this matter into a state of default.

You should note that while this matter is in default...

You are not allowed to request payment from me, nor am i obliged to make any offer of payment.

You may not add charges or interest to the account for any reason.

You may not attempt to instigate legal action against me.

You may not pass or sell this matter on to another agency.

Any attempts by yourselves to pursue any kind of legal action, as described by yourselves in your letter dated (date), will be considered both unlawful and vexatious, and will result in a counter claim being made against you for harassment.

Also, having taken legal advice, you should note that until you can provide me with a valid credit agreement, any pursuit of this matter by yourselves is in violation of the administration of justice act 1970 (section 40), and thus is punishable under law.

From the date of this letter, any furthur correspondance or attempted contact from yourselves, in whatever form, with regards to this matter is refused until such time as you can provide me with the requested documentation as proof of your right to collect on this alledged debt.

Goodbye

(print name dont sign)

print off, send to them by recorded delivery, they cant do a damn thing, especially take court action against you, as all that would happen would be the judge would ask them to provide a valid CCA, which they wont be able to do, then the claim would be thrown out of court, youd be awarded costs and theyd look very silly.

Post up the agreement they sent you. They only have to send you a 'true' copy of the original agreement and the regulations specifically allow removal of any signatures or other security info. What they have to do is produce in court an identical copy with signatures. Wee need to see the agreement to see if it fails as an agreement on its content with or without signatures.