Have I Ballsed Up?

southernscouser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, got a load of paper work through from those lovely people at Cobbetts this morning!

Enclosed is their defence, and a request for further information!

The further information is the list of charges which I didn't include in any of the letters.

As for the defence, is all the jargon the norm? :confused:

OK so it seems the standard that they are trying to fob me off but I will reply with this letter;

address date

Nat West Account: ********

Sort code: ********

Northampton County Court

Claim No :******

Between ****** (claimant)

and

National Westminster Bank PLC (defendant)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I Acknowledge the receipt of the defence posted on behalf of National Westminster Bank plc.

I am not prepared at this stage to answer the CPR Part 18 Request. I anticipate that the claim will be allocated to the small claims track and would not then expect to have to deal with a Part 18 request.

Furthermore I consider that the CPR part 18 request is intimidatory and I intend to bring the intimidation to the notice of the court.

However, for clarity, I confirm the charges I am claiming were applied to the following account:

Account Name: *******

Account number: Nat West Account:******

Please also find enclosed a breakdown of all charges I am claiming

*********Breakdown of charges here*************************

Plus Interest Calculated from date of court issue 31/05/06 to 04/07/06 at £xxxxxat 8% plus court fees £xxxxxx

Total Amount claimed to date xxxxxxx(ongoing at 8%) £xxxxxx(my claim)

your name *****

I'll then provide attached a list of all the charges but for example with every charge they are asking me to clarify; a) is it the case of the claimant the same should not have been charged? b) If yes, please explain why the Claimant contends that the same should not have been changed blah, blah!

I'm totally lost other than to send the letter above with a list of charges! :confused:

Personally, I would just send a copy of the spreadsheet to the court, and the banks solicitors. Just saves any hassle - and removes another potential stalling option.

But will they not just write to me again asking for the same info? :confused:

So shall I include the letter above or just a basic one saying, as requested please see attached with account, claim numbers that sort of thing?

Also do I just do the same to the court. "please find enclosed information as request by Cobbetts. A copy has been sent to the defendant aswell"?

Keep it simple - I don't see the point of getting into protracted and pointless correspondence. All that will happen is that they will come back with more legalistic arguments....best to let them do that in front of a judge if they are stupid enough to want to try.

Keep it simple - I don't see the point of getting into protracted and pointless correspondence. All that will happen is that they will come back with more legalistic arguments....best to let them do that in front of a judge if they are stupid enough to want to try.

Thanks very much alan.

If/when I pull this off you can count on a 5% donation from me. ;) This site is a godsend! :grin: