• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi overdone,

Don't quite catch your drift ......it is now not about money ..its about someone in Swift doing time.....this will also be brought to the OFT attention and affect their fitness to hols a credit license.

sparkie

I meant how miuch was someone done out of?

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Is anyone here still talking to Swift regarding this swift saga, if so can you tell them to stop `huffing` and answer the letters. the scare letters dont work, and my last letter was answered with a no comment letter!

also has anyone ever seen or has a copy of their ORIGIONAL paperwork??:x

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Hi overdone,

Don't quite catch your drift ......it is now not about money ..its about someone in Swift doing time.....this will also be brought to the OFT attention and affect their fitness to hols a credit license.

sparkie

"Someone" in Swift. Well this is the difficult bit. Who can be proven to engage in fraud within that organisation?

When the judge gets what is alleged a fraudulently constructed document placed before him/her it will be deemed necessary for the question to be asked where it came from, who did it and the consequences of being a lover of the Blue Peter club relayed back to their barrister and no doubt the local bobby.

As Swift like bringing the troops into court to watch the carnage of either their clients/customers being repossessed or their own downfall like its some kind of game show they will no doubt be able to point the finger in court to who is responsible rather than having to go back to their office to ask that person to clear their desk...

Counterfieting, Fraud, Perjury, Deceipt, Perverting the course of Justice are all areas Judges are not overly keen on when coming from businesses who wish to secure a pecuinary advantage by using such false intruments. If they have done, and it is not proven as yet, then like the person who fails to pay their repayments and loses their home as the penalty so too will 'someone' be losing something else. That generally is referred to as 'their liberty' or 'freedom and as Sparkie says it comes in numbers - your starter for '10 '

• Haha 1

Guest blackie

Not quite sure what is happening with regard to Swift, can someone bring me up to date. I have been in hospital and only returned to work yesterday, but I am in court on 19th February with Swift re arrears. Can anyone let me know what is the latest with these gansters.

More on Swifts antics.............another friend of mine applied for and signed for an interest only loan............Swift have been making him pay a capital plus interest payments....double what he should be paying...............so he has stopped paying them...........we can see some sparks flying over this one too, very soon.

There is an old saying everything goes round in circles and the "Wheel of Misfortune" has just stopped outside Arcadia House Brentwood.:D:D

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

By the way sparkie have you seen the thread on the possession forum where Swift are trying to evict afamily where they say the mortgage was a fraud case?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

By the way sparkie have you seen the thread on the possession forum where Swift are trying to evict afamily where they say the mortgage was a fraud case?

Hi jansus,

No I haven't can you give me a link..................."it takes a fraudster to know a fraudster"..

sparkie

More on Swifts antics.............another friend of mine applied for and signed for an interest free loan.:D:D

sparkie

Interest free? Swift with Kind hearts? Now I am lost.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Interest free? Swift with Kind hearts? Now I am lost.

Sorry overdone I should have put INTEREST ONLY....No wonder you were lost:confused:........................:):) ammended the post now!! Still the same they breached that agreement before it even started

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

Guest blackie

I would love to Swift charged, but according to a solicitor friend, the person who committed the fraud at Swift will be liable not Swift themselves. WE have to remember these guys have all the money and can employ the best solicitors, barristers, courts of appeal, etc. I wish I was more hopeful, but having worked in finance all my life I realise that if a company like this was charged it could have major effects on the rest of the financial world. Remember how big this company are, and how many offshoots they have. I have yet to see anything or anyone who has actually beaten Swift in law. But good luck, my hopes remain high.

I would love to Swift charged, but according to a solicitor friend, the person who committed the fraud at Swift will be liable not Swift themselves. WE have to remember these guys have all the money and can employ the best solicitors, barristers, courts of appeal, etc. I wish I was more hopeful, but having worked in finance all my life I realise that if a company like this was charged it could have major effects on the rest of the financial world. Remember how big this company are, and how many offshoots they have. I have yet to see anything or anyone who has actually beaten Swift in law. But good luck, my hopes remain high.

Hi blackie,

Swift say they are only a small company when they are challenged as to why their charges are so high they say that they have not got the facillities of a major Bank so it costs them more at least that is the argument they put forward in one case.

I can't wait for tuesday to see what the judge makes of the fraud allegation by my friends have made under the Forgery & Counterfeit Act 1982. The Theft Act 1968 & the New Fraud Act 2006

sparkie

Between 15,000 and 25,000 live clients. Mark White told me it was 15,000 about 2 -3 years ago. Take all the repossessions since and the live clients they've killed off through sheer fear and fright (allegedly), brings that down to about 1500 !! and he said they were a small company, my heart bleeds that they can't get more clients...

Remember how big this company are, and how many offshoots they have. I have yet to see anything or anyone who has actually beaten Swift in law. But good luck, my hopes remain high.

I was trying to find the thread where one women did beat Swift conditional on a gagging clause, but I cannot find it.

I think you were right Sparkie the wee box in the top of the form says it is 0% on the loan. would this not make it interest free??

;)

its was worded rather strange from what I hear, above where it was signed, it said :rolleyes:

`Do NOT sign here if you do not want an interest only loan`

swift say they tried to keep the forms `simple` well someone`s simple.

I was trying to find the thread where one women did beat Swift conditional on a gagging clause, but I cannot find it.

this is the way they are fighting their cases, each one is held behind closed doors, so they can say what they like

I am interested in having a meeting with anyone so we can all throw in our dimes worth.

anyone can email me

I am more that sure I can beat them, just hope they take my mates to court sooner than later. `swiftly should I say`:roll:

I doubt it though, what they seem to be doing is picking the easy targets first, behind closed doors,so no one know what they are saying, then as for the harder ones they get other companies to call offering them a better rate.

Even x directory numbers have been contacted by the same outfit who contact clients???

all info and views are personal, all calls from swift will be recorded for nailing purposes

Edited by pkelly
grammer

Hi Overdone,

The lady you are looking for is Mrs Foot, I have read the thread a while ago as I too am on Swift's case, but am not sure where to find it now but suppose you could do a search using her name?

Regards,

Landy

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi Overdone,

The lady you are looking for is Mrs Foot, I have read the thread a while ago as I too am on Swift's case, but am not sure where to find it now but suppose you could do a search using her name?

Regards,

Landy

This lady is subject to a very tight confidentiality agreement with Swift Plc I do not think it very prudent to ask her for comments ....it could land her in serious trouble...knowing what Swift are like they would make her life hell....no pun meant lady_alert.

sparkie

My friends judgement is out on Tuesday against Swift...fingers crossed....their case was heard on Decemeber 18th.....the Judge wanted a very long time to study the case documents etc ...because they hit Swift with section 140 of the New CC Act....one of the first cases under that section heard in the Courts.

sparkie

I think you were right Sparkie the wee box in the top of the form says it is 0% on the loan. would this not make it interest free??

;)

its was worded rather strange from what I hear, above where it was signed, it said :rolleyes:

`Do NOT sign here if you do not want an interest only loan`

swift say they tried to keep the forms `simple` well someone`s simple.

Hullo pkelly

Now that is very interesting if it is an interest only loan and the interest rate is stated to be zero , what kind of loan is that??:confused::D:D:D

sparkie

• Haha 1

Apologies Sparkie - I assumed Overdone was merely interested in reading her thread, not contacting her........have PM'd you, btw.

Regards,

Landy

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

I don't think that Swift will have a single happy customer at all !! i'm one of them and fed up with them !! despite all the reduction in interest rates they have failed to pass on ANY cut to their customers at all.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks