• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
        • I agree
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

jellybabe vs Cahoot Flexi Loan

jellybabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a return call today and missed it again. I was in bed as i'm on nightshift.

Never mind, it was the same person that rung last time and he left a message thanking me for returning his call and that they are looking into my complaint and will be in touch in writing very soon.

So, very similar to yours..shaneo.

jellybabe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah great to hear it Jellybean. If you do not hear from them by the end of this month I would call them on that number and ask then why they have not replied.

Even though I have paid off my loan and after having a refund of £95, as I overpaid they still have my account open despite customer services, saying it will be closed then on the 22nd of this month they misinformed the credit reference agencies saying that I had missed a payment and I still owed them £132. I disputed it with Equifax and told Santander to call me in 24 hours to resolve the matter, they never so I asked them to call at close of business yesterday still nothing and today I called again and was told I would be getting a call at 5pm, I never so I called again and finally got through to complaints.

I gave them an ear full of my mind they will have the matter resolved by close of business this friday and I will be compensated for the stress caused.

Now I have them wrapped around my finger. If they fail I will be writing a very strong letter to the FSA. :jaw:

I word to anyone with anything to do with Santander, WHY ARE YOU BANKING WITH THESE IDIOTS???? SERIOUSLY !!!!!! Their customer service and after sales service suck. Their left hand is not connecting with the right hand. Something is seriously wrong with this bank.

Hi the problem with Santander is they have bought up so many financial companies that they have now found themselves with a lot of computer systems that cannot talk to each other. As you say left hand not knowing what right hand is saying/doing, I would say this has compounded the farcical customer service that these companies used to have.

dpick

Oh dear Shaneo, so much trouble! :( I'm not looking forward to dealing with them......

I hope you get it sorted soon!

dpick and shaneo....yes, you're right. You can't even class this as customer service no more, can you? When i first started banking with Cahoot i was very happy with them and the service i received. Over the last few years it's just gone downhill! But isn't it the same with all the Financial Institutions now? I mean where else can we go....we need a Bank....and they know it!

I can remember one instance when it was still Cahoot....i've asked for lower payments for a couple months on this Flexi loan...you know what i got for an answer? "We can't let you pay a lower amount, but we can send you a default notice which would then give you 2 weeks to get back on track"......I mean...seriously...Can you believe that??! I told them there and then where to stick it!

jellybabe

btw, as of yet i haven't heard from them again....no call, no email and no letter. Hoping to hear some good news soon. *fingers crossing*

• 2 weeks later...

I have today finally received a letter from Santander informing me that they're looking into my complaint. At the same time i received a letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors that i have 7 days from date of Letter (which is dated ... Jan 2012) to pay the outstanding amount to Wescot otherwise legal proceedings may be commenced without further notice.

:(

I will send an email straight away to Nelson Guest informing them of the Dispute and that they can't legally enforce it while it's in Dispute. I think i might scan Santanders Letter in and attach it to the email.

I've got to do it by email at the moment,i've got no ink in my printer and i'm currently waiting for my new cartridges.

Edited by jellybabe

RESULT!!!!

Sorry for shouting, lol, i'm so excited!

Just got off the phone to a lovely man at Santander, and he informed me that i will get a £3000 odd refund in interest offset against my outstanding balance and i will get written confirmation very soon.

In the same phonecall he informed us that he is currently investigating my husbands account aswell, as we put the same complaint in for him! So fingers crossed it'll work out the same!

Thanks everyone for all your advice and help!

I'm just wondering where i stand regarding the Default now, as i would have never defaulted in the first place if they would have left the interest as agreed at account opening.

Hopefully i will be able to reduce my payments a little bit aswell now?......

Thanks again,

Jellybabe xx

Well got a shock today, just opened mail from Santander and there is a cheque for just over £5000.

Since the last statement I got from them over a year ago was for £12000, I have not got a clue what is going on.

They say account will continue at current interest rate, but make no reference to balance on account.

WEIRD.

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

mmh, why does everyone get cheques and i get it credited to the outstanding balance...lol...! lucky you :)

probs because mine has been passed on to debt collector even though i was pay each month, although a lower amount than minimum payment.

But i took it as their acceptance as they haven't replied to my lower payment request letter.

Confirmation letters for both account Cpmlaints have been received.....They're crediting my Loan account with the above mentioned amount within 5-10 days, and the same goes for my husbands account aswell. :) Yay...good results for both of us.

Still seem to have a problem with Wescot though, maybe i should inform them that the amount they're claiming is wrong now and maybe i can negotiate a payment plan with them, although i'm still paying the amount i offered a while ago every single month to Santander.

I still can't understand why it has been passed on to Wescot in the first place..... I offered the maximum amount i can afford to Santander, i sent the letter 3 times with my income and outgoing sheet (even via special delivery). They had never responded to any of my offers, which i took as acceptance. Because if they're not happy with what i offer, they should have just said.

I paid the offered amount every single month, and still the passed it on? Can they just do that??

Any advice or clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

jellybabe