• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pompeyfaith v Co-op PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks HHNF and Painty,

That is what i though they still have not put me back in the position i would have been had i not had the ppi forced on me.

Ill draw up another letter tommoz and post it here for your thoughts on it.

Thank You both

Regards

Leon

• Haha 1

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You HHNF for your input on those figures you have there is a settlement on each of them as i paid them off early i do not have the other 4 agreements so im gona send off for them now luckily THE COOP BANK do cave in and are easier to deal with unlike other banks.

Im going to send of a letter asking for the rest of the agreements and the settlement figures used on the loans as im not happy with what they are offering.

Ill get back soon as i get a reply.

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya HHNF,

Got another letter from the Co-op Bank on Friday which is a load of Bull---- blatant lies and im now getting really exasperated with this people.

Oh they sent me the other agreements bar one which they could not find although that one was the first loan i had with them going back to 1999 but the ones they sent are small photo copies which i need a magnifying glass for lol

Ill post them on here but im not sure if they will be readable.

Ill also post the letter on here

im trying my hardest with the PPI Spreadsheet but as you say with out the rebates its hard its a shame the OFT dualcalc is no longer available as that would work out the rebates.

uploads to follow

Regards

Leon

Yes Alanalana,

Thats what i got an empty page i also tried searching on google but found nothing.

Seems the OFT dont want to help us out.

Regards

Leon

Ok heres the rest of the agreements if you can read them that is

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opAgreement85-1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opAgreement83-1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opAgreement81-1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opAgreement80.jpg

And the rude Letter i got from them i.e

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opResponse191108.jpg

The addition of 8% interest was also included in our offer. It Would Appear that you have misread or misunderstood our previous offer.

No i did not misunderstand as i want the contractual rates and not the 8% it would appear you misunderstood my previous letter and mis-sold these policies.

Regards

Leon

Edited by pompeyfaith

Thank you Alanalana,

Ive sent you a message.

Regards

Leon

Oh Fantastic i dont know how but i found the dualcalc here

What's new?

Open page second item click dualcalc then a download window will appear.

Regards

Leon

Permission given by martin

Edited by pompeyfaith

Ok Ive had a go with the dualcalc ,but now im even more confused as the sums just don't add up and im getting defferant interest rates to what what they used.

Anyone out there used dualcalc before as i could really do with a bit of help to get this sorted so i can send of my final letter to them.

Regards

Leon

Hello All

Would someone be kind and have a look at these figures as it don't and up from what i can see.

In the Total interest charged and the Total amount payable rows there seems to be digits missing or the figures are totally wrong.

I maybe wrong but they dont seem to be charging me enough.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opAgreement83-1.jpg

Regards

Leon

P.S its a poor copy not what i asked for

Thank you paintball for you input, om still trying to work out the figures it not easy at all my head hurts lol im sitting at my desk surrounded by agreements shoddy ones at that.

Trying to work out the settlements is what im having trouble with even though i did ask the bank to supply these.

Regards

Leon

Yes HHNF i did send an S.A.R but all i got was 4 reduced size copies of agreements.

The lonks to these along with a letter is on post 60, still have not got a breakdown of the rebates and interest applied to the ppi part if loan.

Regards

Leon

Hello marshallka and welcome

Thank you for your imput any i can get is much appriciated, they failed to redress my S.A.R correctly as i did ask for a breakdown of the figures.

I think this claim is going to be ongoing for quiet a while because ive had 8 loans with this company some settle into another some do not.

I am also not interested in 8% simple im going for contractual at the rates they charged me on every PPI payment i made.

I am in the process of making a complaint letter to the executive director as im getting no joy from the customer feedback team.

If i get no answers there im taking it straight to court as i feel this is the best route for a claim that could of been easily resolved by the co-op.

Regards

Leon

Thank you for that and please do let me know how you get on.

If you want to know all the directors at the Co-op you can find them here as i believe the more people that take this up with them the better i for one will send him all my letters and replys with a strong worded letter.

Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) - Directors

Regards

Leon

• Haha 1

Hello Marshallka,

Thanks for that, I will indeed check mine as you have done but I'm glad you have yours sorted.

Although mine is not so easy to work out as Ive had 8 loans since year 2000 some settled into the next and some settled via re-mortgage.

Also on some of the agreements the PPI is rolled into the loan and not listed separately as should be the case now

Onwards and Upwards

Regards

Leon

Edited by pompeyfaith

Alanalana,

Did you email your complaints to the FOS or did you use post, just i have the complaint form i got online but not sure if i can send it online also.

Regards

Leon

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Alanalana,

Yes i think the FOS is the route to take now in my case, I am preparing the claim form and bundle of letters sent both ways now.

I had another response from the UNCO-OPERATIVE BANK today which was a letter and a default notice.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opDefaultNotice.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opDefaultNoticepage1.jpg

Not sure know what to do about these, they know the account is in dispute so surely they should of not been issued ?

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Thanks Alanalana should i also send the FOS a copy of the default.

Doi need to phone the FOS first to get a compliant number ?

ON the last loan only the PPI was £1,511.27 plus interest at 10.5% over 6 years

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Complaint bundle now on its way to the FOS i phoned them today and told them about the default notice i received they said although my complaint would have to take the queue they would contact the bank to inform them that as this case is being investigated by us the default would have to be withdrawn pending our findings.

So that's a result in its own.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

FOS will have fun with this agreement none of it works out:

Loan Amount 5,300.00

Insurance Premium 1,260.22

Total Interest Charge 150.40 ?

Total Amount Payable 806.62?

59 Consecutive instalments of £34.36

and a final instalment of £34.38

APR 08.736 FIXED RATE OF 08.550

Anyone care to work that out because i cant lol

• 2 weeks later...

Seasons Greetings All

UPDATE

just to keep all updated Ive now got an acknowledgment from the FOS regarding my multiple PPI claim with the unco-operative bank complete with a case number.

Was also signed by a Lady with a pen which is nice makes a pleasant change from all those auto responses and letters from bank that where churned out.:)

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/aknowledgementfromFOS.jpg

Still getting threats though from the bank when they know it is now in the hands of the FOS

Also finally finished my excel spreadsheet of PPI claim and now know why they are fighting this i must admit i was astonished at the amount of claim for 8 PPI policies Statutory £16,656.21 Contractual £20,162.57.:D

I wait until after Xmas now then decide what to do about there threat letters.

Merry Christmas All and Thank You for all your help in 2008.

Regards

Pompeyfaith:)

Thank You Marshallka,

I'm hoping 2009 will be a better year and will celebrate that fact on 31st December ;) This site has been a great help in my battle and I have beat the ethical bank once already in 2007 with my bank charges claim so I'm certainly not giving up on this one.

Happy Christmas to you

Regards

Pompeyfaith;)

Another threat letter received today that's two in the past week my overdrawn balance is only £565.85 and £460 of that is agreed.

plus £380 of that i have disputed due to it being charges so as they have my complaint and the oft test case is on going they have no right in these threats.

I have been with this bank now for over 20 yrs and been overdrawn by a lot more that that in the past and had not one letter or phone call.

As the loans Ive had are linked to my current account i.e same account number plus two more figures on the end for the loans i feel they are coming on heavy due to this as in my post above the amount they owe me is a big sum.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Thank You Pinknico and alanalana again you have both been a great assistance I have drawn up a 3 page letter to them but after reading your fab posts there is more i can add;).

There threat letters do not affect me in any way except put a :) on my face as i know they are digging a bigger hole for themselves.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

P.S how about a PPI meet sometime in 2009 would be fantastic to meet all the brilliant people in the PPI forum.

Amazing how the more letters i get from them the more i want to fight this evil issue.

Happy Christmas to one and all

Regards

Pompeyfaith

• Haha 1

Hiya All hope you all had a Good Xmas

UPDATE

I received another two letters on Xmas Eve one was a letter giving me 7 days to bring my Loan account up to date funny how in that letter it gives an arrears balance of nil but they will issue a default in 7 days.

The other letter is from the customer feedback team at the co-op who i was originally dealing with before they past my complaint to debt management anyway that letter was dated the 15th December 2008 and i only recieved it on the 23rd December 2008 and is very comical indeed as it relates to nothing im sure they sent it so it shows they are trying to be reasonable with me :confused:.

Let me know if you wana see it as its gotta be one of the weirdest letters ever.

Regards

Pompeyfaith