• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pompeyfaith v Co-op PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just want to claify how long you can claim back to on PPI i think i read somewhere it was 7 yrs but im not 100% on that.

I am about to dig out all my loan papers to start my claims on medical grounds so need to know how far i can go back.

Thank You

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya All

Ive just received an N1 form from Northampton court in favour of MBNA not sure what i do now i have 14 days I sent of my S.A.R yesterday and a letter to MBNA explaining why the account is in dispute. The N1 is not signed in the signature box it is just typed OPTIMA LEGAL SERVICES.

This should not have gone to court can MBNA withdraw it if not do i now use MCOL for my defence as im not paying a been until they have refunded my PPI

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ok ive been on MCOL and done my AoS and sent a CPR 18 to Optima Legal but from reading other theads if im right i should of got a POC ,LBA and default notice first which i did not get all i have recieved is the usual demands for payment then the N1.

What is my next step do i just wait 14 days for a reply to my CPR 18 ??

Thanks Fred just what i need will send my letter to companies house tommorrow with copies of optima legal letters

Edited by pompeyfaith

• 1 month later...

Right people something i need to clarify before i go ahead and post S.A.R to co-op bank.

I currently have a premier account which gives me a free overdraft of £260 but i have increased it to £500 i am now paying that back at the rate of £40 a mth if i go ahead now and send in my PPI SAR for loans i had with them over the last 6 yrs could they call in that overdraft and if the did would it be all or just the amount over £260 i am currently of benefits due to a stroke so cant afford to pay it all off.

I am not using the co-op bank anymore as ill benefit payments are paid into another building society.

If that is the case i guess i should wait until the overdraft is paid up

Any ideas anyone how i go about this one

Regards

Leon

• 3 weeks later...

Ok ive prepared a Pre Lim letter to send to the co-op for the ppi and prepared a spreadsheet in anticipation although im not sure what the settlement figures would have been as one loan was settled and another taken out there where not settled into the next loan as i paid then off but the settlements are sure to be a rough deal.

Now ive noticed since i got £2600 back from them early last year there have been more charges put on my bank account to the tune of £370 do i do a separate pre lim letter for these charges.

I do not need to sed an S.A.R for these as i have all my agreements for the loans and i found out the charges online as all my statements are there since i last claimed.

Finally is it ok for me to post my pre lim for the loans on here via photobucket as id like someone to check it first as im not that good at putting a letter together due to a stroke i had and someone may be able to beef it up a bit.

Regards

Leon

Copy of proposed letter to send to co-op

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/PPIPRELINCO-OPPAGE1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/PPIPRELINCO-OPPAGE2.jpg

Would be grateful if this can be checked and beefed up if need be Thanks

Regards

Leon

bump

Thank You Hellhasnofury yes due to my stroke I'm not as good as i used to be at composing letters so i must admit i searched the PPI forum and nicked bits of text from other peoples letters some of which may have been yours i propose sending this off first as there is no need for an S.A.R because i have all my agreements and wait the 2 weeks for a response.

I have prepared an excel spreadsheet in anticipation using the contractual interest rate as i want back what i paid over the 4 loans the interest rate varied from 7% to 11.89%.

ill post the spreadsheet on here in a bit so you can check for any errors.

Regards

Leon

Thank You Alanalana i know you are good at speadsheets any chance you could check mine.

Regards

Leon

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Guys,

This is the reply i had to the letter above i sent to CO-OP RE PPI

Should i just set on this for a while and wait or should i follow up with another letter.

Is it now time to send in my spreadsheet which i have prepared although im not sure what the small rebates were when i settled the loans as this i need to add to the loans.

I guess i need to send a letter and ask for this information.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/Co-opreplytoprelimletter.jpg

Regards

Leon

Hiya Alanalana

Thank you for reply seems i got confused and sent a complaints letter with the £10 still at least now they know im on the case to get my PPI back i have today typed an S.A.R so will send that in morning with the CHQ they returned to me.

As ive said before i have 3 copies of 4 loans ive had from them but now im not sure if that is all the loans ive had with the co-op due to my stroke i had i cant remember so ill request it all again and see what they throw up.

Iam perticulary interested in the settlement figures thay used because with out this i cannot finish my speadsheet.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Leon

Thank You Paintball any help i can get with this is very much appreciated im just wondering now what oldbanker means by letter code!!!! sounds very interesting.

Regards

Leon

• Haha 1

If my memory serves me right im sure it was you that helped me in getting back bank charges in 2007 which was successful :-) only i now got about another £300 of charges since then still ill deal with the PPI first then sort that out.

Yes it was you thank you for that http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cooperative-bank/62447-carter-co-op-2.html

Sound advice that worked a treat :-)

Edited by pompeyfaith

Not started a second bank charges claim yet as i was not sure if they would confuse that with my PPI claim.

Regards

Leon

P.S Theres a big cream donut waiting for you on facebook lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya All

Just had a second response to my letter dated 3rd october, Now need a bit of help to compose a reply.

Ill add the letter at the bottom of this email basicly they are refusing to refund the ppi on the grounds that i ticked the box to indicate that i wanted it.

But the case was that i was under the impession that it was a reqirerment to get the loan and i was not told that the ppi was optional and i could choose to buy elsewhere.

In the letter they also give no answer to my question why was i sold it when i have a pre-existing medical condition.

Should i send another letter outlining again where they mis-sold and state again pre-existing medical conditions which they did not answer too in my last letter.

How long should i give them before going to FOS 2 weeks?

They have offered to refund the ppi on my present loan pro-rata though as if to cloud my eyes

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/PPIRESPONSELETTER2PAGE1-1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/PPIRESPONSELETTERPAGE2.jpg

Regards

Leon

Edited by pompeyfaith

Thank You Alanalana for your imput most appriciated, Ive just had a thought today i collected a DDA Medical Pro-Forma from my GP which has a diagnosis date of 08/04/1990 its for the EMA dept but as it does not state on there the EMA Address i will send a copy of this to the Co-op as prove of my medical condition.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/DDAMEDICALPROFORMA.jpg

Regards

Leon

Edited by pompeyfaith

Hellhasnofury and Alanalana thank you for your comments they are most welcome any info i can glean from others is appriciated.

The tick boxes where indeed already ticked i applied for these loans over the phone and when i got the application though all i had to do was sign the loan acceptance and return.

In the letter they sent i thought i had only had 4 loans with them but it looks like i had 5 so thanks to co-op i will be going for ppi on 5 and not 4 !!!!!.

Regards

Leon

Hiya All

Ok this is the letter in reply i have done any chance one of you kind people could check it over for me so i can get it posted soon as.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/co-opreplyletter2page1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/co-opreplyletterpage2.jpg

What you think will this do the job?

Regards

Leon

P.S Ive just prove read it an noticed a spelling mistake og should have been in so disregard that

Edited by pompeyfaith

bump

Hiya paintball

I've done a letter and posted it on page 2 just needs someone to check it for me.

Regards

Leon

Way to go, Absolutly Fantastic i could not have worded it better

Thank You

Regards

Leon

Thank you Painty Ive amended accordingly

Your a star ive ticked your scales

Regards

Leon

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Caggers,

Well this morning Ive had a response to my second letter, But not quite a V for victory yet.

Firstly they state the balance on my current loan WITHOUT PPI is £7078.20 but on my online loan account it states the balance to be £6565.16 which includes PPI ?

Secondly although they have agreed to refund all my PPI on 9 loan accounts in total they are only offering the simple calculation of 8%, Now had i not been given the run around and they came clean first time i would of accepted this but now i want the contractual rate on all accounts.

Lastly there is no mention of refund of any of the payments and interest i made on this accounts.

I will now post up the reply for you to scrutinize for me and let me know what you think.

Nearly there by the looks of things, But i think they were hoping id see the monthly payment on my current loan reduced to £31.09 from £142.00 and i would be quick to sign and return.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/COOPRESPONSE27-10-08PAGE1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/COOPRESPONSE27-10-08PAGE2.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/COOPRESPONSE27-10-08PAGE3.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/COOPRESPONSE27-10-08PAGE4.jpg

I await in eagerness for your response.

Regards

Leon

OK what i'm gona do is scan and post up 4 of the loan agreements for you to look at, But what it looks like they have done is just used the figures after settlement of the loans and not taken into consideration the payments with interest before settlement.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/COOPAGREEMENT84.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/COOPAGREEMENT83.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/COOPAGREEMENT82-1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/COOPAGREEMENT81.jpg

Regards

Leon