Joint account, claim issued, Help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Or, an alternative,

make an application using a N244 to have the claim stayed until final determination of the OFT case as this case involves substantially the same issues being currently dealt with by the High Court before Justice Smith

either way, i dont think that there is any right or wrong answer here,

a request for information is IMHO ok as you are entitled to, and more importantly the other side are bound by the CPR to provide , a fully particualrised claim containing a concise statement of fact so that you can investigate the claim and reply

what JC is saying, i agree with also, but i think you need to ask for information regarding their claim and if they dont reply it will just look worst on them

at the end of the day, its up to you what you chose to do, we can only offer you advice based on our experiences

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the claim against us The POC says..... 2. Interest pursuant to section 69 of the county court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.000% per annum from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.65 to the date of judgment or sooner payment.

I have read a post that they cannot demand this interest, its against the county courts act.

Opinions please, Have I understood this correctly?

If so thats another fault in there POC, but I need to know if I've understood or not!

Yes thats absolutely correct,

on a debt which is regulated under the Consumer Credit act 1974, it is not permitted for them to claim section 69 County Courts Act interest