Lhfort01 Vs Oakwood Homeloans Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone, I wonder if I can solicit assistance from the forum on how to address the following unsatisfactory scenario?

In December 2006, based on advice from a Mortgage Broker [Clarity Financial], I took out a mortgage for a flat [in a new development] with Edeus Mortgage Creators. [With hindsight, I have now concluded that Clarity’s recommendation was based purely on the fact that Edeus was paying them (as Brokers) over £1200.00 for my custom?]

Anyway, in March 2007, Edeus informed me that the mortgage will be assigned to the following Company:

Oakwood Homeloans Limited [OHL]

1 Providence Place

Skipton

NORTH YORKSHIRE

BD23 2HL

Shortly thereafter, ie, in April 2007, OHL wrote to me in connection with the above mortgage transfer including their Tariff Of Charges [dated, April 2007]. One of the charges noted on the preceding list was the sum of £25.00 for inspecting the Building Insurance Policy associated with the flat!

Not surprisingly, in January 2008, OHL requested that I forward ~ for the Company’s inspection ~ a copy of the Building Insurance Policy! To this end, I contacted the Property Managers [Premier Estates Limited (PEL)] who arranged ~ via Leasehold Property Management Ltd (LPML), ie, the Landlord’s Representatives ~ for a copy of the BIP to be forwarded to OHL. There was no objection ~ from OHL ~ to the details presented on the preceding document.

In April 2008, OHL again requested an inspection of the renewed BIP [the previous BIP was due to expire on the 1st May 2008. OHL also gave a deadline of 14 days to produce the aforementioned document; otherwise, they will take out cover on the property and the monthly premiums would be added to my (monthly) mortgage payments.

Unfortunately, despite several requests ~ to PEL and LPML in the past 6 weeks ~ for a copy of the renewed BIP, neither of the foregoing parties have responded! In other words, PEL and LPML have not forwarded a copy of the new BIP to me [despite the fact that a portion of my Service Charge includes a payment for building insurance].

Meanwhile, in the absence of the BIP, OHL took the opportunity to take out building insurance cover for the flat which is currently costing me approx. £40.00 per month!

Given the above, I would welcome suggestions from members of the forum on how best to address this unsatisfactory situation.

Thanks, and I look forward to your feedback.

I would write to PEL & LPML explaining the situation, giving them another 14 days to provide the documents.

Explain that in the meantime you will be holding them responsible for all your additional costs.

Explain that if you do not receive a satisfactory response, you will be witholding your service charges untill the matter is resolved.

Keep copies of all correspondence.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

new to the site and looking forward to sharing experiences!

I am in a similar boat to lhfort01 and was wondering if you managed to resolve the OHL insurance ?

My issue with them is that they changed their name to OHL from Edeus and sent a letter for me to send them my current BIP (which I duelly did), they then sent me another letter telling me to send another naming OHL as my mortgage provider, so I contacted my BIC (Building Insurance Company) and they rapidly sent me out a new policy naming them.

I then faxed this over to OHL and have recently learned that they have been charging me £40 per month for 'their' insurance policy which I've never seen nor knew I had.

I phoned 'my BIC' today and they faxed OHL direct with a copy of my policy and they are going send me out a letter stating that I requested this way back in Feb 08 (the date from which I've been paying £40 per month) so I can send that OHL.....

Anyone got adive for me, please?

Many thanks

Hello Kiltedscot

I can confirm that, following a plethora of correspondence to Oakwood [coupled with threats of legal action], the matter was eventually settled satisfactorily [ie, the insurance "fees" were refunded].

Regards

lhfort01