AOL Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need some advice on sending a letter to aol for refund.

Dad signed up with them over the phone for broad band, but when modem came he cancelled and sent it back.

Now it is 3/4 months later and they have taken £219 out of his bank account.

He contacted them and they said he was in breach of contract with them even though he is getting his broadband from elsewhere.

How can he approach this to get his money back, he is a pensioner and cannot afford to loose over £200 pound.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi Lucy :)

Firstly, when your dad cancelled with AOL, did he cancel over the 'phone or in writing? If it was over the 'phone, then did he get the name of the person he spoke to?

Secondly, if he set up a Direct Debit with them, then really he should've cancelled it straight away when he cancelled his contract with them.

Personally speaking, if I were you, I would have a look at the contract he received as I'm sure it would state on there regarding cancellation etc. I would also write to AOL detailing the exact turn of events and head it "Formal Complaint" and make sure that you explain in detail that your dad is a pensioner and would have not realised that he had to cancel the direct debit.

Having spent some time on the 'phone to AOL recently, I feel that in writing is your best course of action. I would also send your letter recorded delivery then you can check on the Royal Mail website that they received it and print off a proof of delivery.

Let us know how you get on ;)

Bo :)