Quick question Re. Selling debt on

eggy12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im getting two different opinions on this.. One saying OC has to inform me when they sell the debt and whom ever buys it then has to inform me they have brought it...

On the other hand ive been informed that if only one party said they have sold/brought it that is adequate

Can anyone clarify this for me

Thanks

Hi eggy12

You first sentence is correct you should get "goodbye" and "hello" letters, from OC and new DCA respectively.

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Can anyone point me in the direction where it states this fact.. Im not a very good web surfer and have spent 3 hours trying to find info on it to no avail..

Thanks

If i only had your name and address, and possibly an account number and sent you a letter demanding money and threatening court action, just out of the blue as it were, would you pay me, i think not

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Im just trying to say that they have no legitimate right to collect the debt, if you haven't had a letter from oc saying they have given authority to them to persue it!

Im sorry if i offended you but i was just trying to make the point that these people will try these things on.

I had one of these letters myself only this week

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi eggy12

You first sentence is correct you should get "goodbye" and "hello" letters, from OC and new DCA respectively.

BB

This is wrong, you need to be given notice, but there is no precedent (I believe - but am happy to be proved wrong) that notice is required from both the assignor or assignee