Anyone else think this is disgusting?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks CB :-)

I hope so... were just going to keep chipping away at them till they crack... were going to think about a petition soon as well!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks CB :-)

I hope so... were just going to keep chipping away at them till they crack... were going to think about a petition soon as well!

Excellent. I get the feeling they will be sorry they picked on your mum ;)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB :-)

I get the feeling too... local MP is not amused with it.

And given the fact that the Govt are funding a 35 million modernisation of the system i get the feeling Nexus will soon be grovelling :D Im sure they do not want to hack off a Member of Parliament :D

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Hi CB :-)

I get the feeling too... local MP is not amused with it.

And given the fact that the Govt are funding a 35 million modernisation of the system i get the feeling Nexus will soon be grovelling :D Im sure they do not want to hack off a Member of Parliament :D

:D:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Latest update....

Director General of Nexus wrote to MP fobbing him off, basically....

If you agree with my complaint, please could you sign my petition?

Petition to: Make Nexus stop discriminating against scooter users.

thanks!

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

Done :D

BCOBS

thank you JC and CB! :)

Mrs R xx

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

1. Until recent years is was a right of every subject to make peaceful protest outside the Mother of Parliaments. It is now forbidden to protest anywhere within 0.5km (I think) of the houses of parliament unless you have prior permission. Even in places like Cuba, the common people are not prevented in law from protesting like we are.

Just for information, this is about to be reverted to the way it was once again.

It was the first thing Gordon said he would do when he took the Prime Minister's position.

Then again, can we believe it?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Just for information, this is about to be reverted to the way it was once again.

It was the first thing Gordon said he would do when he took the Prime Minister's position.

Will he be there long enough to be able to follow it through?

Will he be there long enough to be able to follow it through?

:D:D Well it is hoped he wont be there for much longer .

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

We've done everything we possibly can....

My mum now has almost a thousand signatures on a petition, there was another accident involving an ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR, so now they are saying they are going to ban scooters altogether!! We're getting really sick now because despite pointing out to them electric wheelchairs are just as much of a hazard, they refuse to do anything about them as they say they arent capable of causing an accident!

Er... hang on, they already have!!!

My mum has got the Human Rights people involved, the Lord Mayor of Newcastle, you name it... but nothing is happening still!

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

Oh dear, that doesnt sound good at all. I cant see how they can separate the two ?. If a wheelchair has caused an accident, then that should be viewed the same as the scooters. In any event this is preventing disabled people from being mobile. I hope you can find some other way of preventing the company from banning these.

BCOBS

Guest forgottenone

Have read some of this thread ... I think in the 21st Century, this sort of thing is not only medevil but barbaric. Once I witnessed a wheelchair bound person at a station ... they got nowhere with the face of 'inhumanity' employed by the station behind the glass partition, as the station had screwed up even though she'd phoned ahead, made arrangements to travel, some problem with getting her on the train, employee was worse than unhelpful, couldn't care less TBH as it wasn't them it was affecting *same old same old then* ... it upset them so much they never travelled, left the station very obviously in a distraught state.

Seems the way the vulnerable, elderly, disabled get treated in the UK hasn't changed in over 500 years.

Pity they wouldn't ban the teeny bopper moms with their push chairs, kids who bite, spit, run amok around the station, vandalise, set fire to seats etc ... until you realize these kids are pre school age ... oops! ... chucking glass at passengers. List is endless. How about outlawing THOSE from trains and buses, stations?? Nope, far too easy to go for the soft option.

A country can be judged on many things. The most basic is how it treats it's elderly, sick, disabled. This company deserves to be put in the stocks for what it's done to you Mrs Ryan.

21st century 'humanity'. Think not.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update on this one...

After a whole lot more grief with Nexus, including actualyl getting the MEP involved and almost having to go to the court of human rights, Nexus have arranged a special scooter-accessible bus to take her into town once a week and also to the local Tesco once a week. They are working on rolling this out to other scooter users who need it.

thank you so much to everyone on here who left supportive comments and signed my petition - my mum and I are both very grateful for your support and very glad that we have finally come to a solution!

Mrs R xx

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

In assume she better not run out of anything then............Sorry but sounds no better than being in prison.......... let out once a week for good behaviour.

Not good enough I'm afraid ................never mind ALMOST going to court you must get the authorities to prosecute Nexis because if this appalling behaviour by the jobsworths is allowed it will be the thin end of the wedge believe me

The disabled confined to their homes until allowed to leave by the local transport company. Unbeleivable....It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody serious

Edited by JonCris

I have to agree with JonCris on this Mrs Ryan. Although I am pleased that your mum is going to be "allowed" out once a week.. She should be entitled to the freedom an able bodied person enjoys. Surely there must be something that can be done under the disability discrimination act ?

BCOBS

We've pointed out that they are breaching the Disability Discrimination Act but unfortunately them and their lawyers have chosen to ignore this....

Mum isnt too well to start with and I know it was all getting on top of her. She is happy enough with being able to get into town once a week as at the mo she is only able to get there once every 2 or three weeks so its an improvement... but I think she's still on the case with the MEP and MP....

It was very well publicised in the local press that the government suddenly got cold feet over a 300million award to Nexus to modernise the system.... so I think someone high up has heard what Nexus are up to which can only be a good thing.... however this has now been released on the condition the operation of the system be put out to tender, so with any luck this might change things....

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

Are these days of her choosing & what happens if she's not feeling well can she arrange another day that same week or does she have to wait until the appointed day comes around again.

Your mum doesn't have to be involved to that extent. You can be her litigation friend & move things forward to legal action against this bunch

Im not sure to be honest!!! I live at the other end of the country so I only get to hear what she can tell me.

I think she is still talking to the human Rights people and they are helping her out - think thats the best thing here as they have all sorts of legal advisors etc working for them!

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

• 4 weeks later...

Mrs Ryan, the mobility scooter issue was one of the topics on the Jeremy VIne show on the Radio earlier on.

There were some very good arguments for and against. Mostly for. Whether or not it will go any further I dont know.

One suggestion was quite good.. in that the users of these vehicles be given a test of some kind to ensure they are capable.

After all, just because you are able to drive a car doesnt mean that you can automatically drive a motorcycle.

BCOBS

A mobility scooter is NOT a motorcycle & before anyone suggests it neither is it a car ........ It's a mobility device for the use by the disabled amongst us so rather than try to find ways of restricting their freedom of movement even more by introducing driving tests (for which they will no doubt have to pay) we should be making it easier for them to get out & about even if they are seen by some to be an inconvenience to the able bodied who must have right of passage at all times as their journey is infinitively more important than that of a disabled person:mad::mad: