bailiff action already paid.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone

A quick question on bailiff action that im not sure of.

someone I know has been relieved of just under £500 by a bailiff,

however the nto is invalid, lukah v aysbury vale..not sure of the rest of the paperwork

anyway, has anyone recoverd bailif action regarding invalid nto's.

many thanx to all in advance :)

Yes. It's complicated.

Bailiffs are acting for the authority that issued the ticket, so you have to take it up with them (the LA) and add it to a claim for damages. You can (I think) either make a direct informal approach to the authority involved, or take out a claim in the county court (small claim) or file the usual stat decs and take it to appeal. But where had the process got to, there would be more paperwork after the NTO like a Charge Certificate before bailiff action? No CC no warrant etc. in which case take it up with the bailiffs and the LA as they are directing the dogs.

It really does depend what other paperwork there is.

And it is a nightmare.

Why aren't we revolting?

Nero,

Might be worth a PM with full details to Tomtubby or Screwthebailiff. Both are regulars in the bailiffs section. Might also be worth posting the question there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. It's complicated.

Bailiffs are acting for the authority that issued the ticket, so you have to take it up with them (the LA) and add it to a claim for damages. You can (I think) either make a direct informal approach to the authority involved, or take out a claim in the county court (small claim) or file the usual stat decs and take it to appeal. But where had the process got to, there would be more paperwork after the NTO like a Charge Certificate before bailiff action? No CC no warrant etc. in which case take it up with the bailiffs and the LA as they are directing the dogs.

It really does depend what other paperwork there is.

And it is a nightmare.

Thanx for that, adamna I will find out about the rest, I think paperwork has been recieved but not sure if protocol has been followed.

will keep you posted of progress.

Nero,

Might be worth a PM with full details to Tomtubby or Screwthebailiff. Both are regulars in the bailiffs section. Might also be worth posting the question there.

Thanx for that also pin1onu

will do .icon10.gif