This should give Dave more "fuel" to have a rant...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Gertie100

Ah! An worthy reason not to remortgage if ever I heard one!

Oh well, we'll all be here tomorrow god (or whomever else you believe in or don't believe in) willing, back to fight another day! Which also means its 1 day closer to my holiday!!!!!!!!!!

I remortgaged about 2 1/2 years ago to build an extension 1 month afterwards I was diagnosed with the old big C, I have just managed to switch our mortgage onto a good fixed rate by hook and by crook, and I can't even get life insurance.

These bu**ers would give you a mortgage when you couldn't afford it a few years ago you used to have to fill out a budget sheet, and half of which you never put on it.

No one is going to get what I have worked hard for, now its lie cheat and fight.

Sharkie

The thought has crossed my mind many times, but my kids and their mum would have to come too. Not sure that my girlfriend would be too happy about the ex coming with us (although she'd love to have the kids!)

I had to sell my car as despite earning more money in my day job than anyone I know, I simply could no longer afford to keep it legal and run it to get to work at the same time. Now I have to spend a lot longer at work and wait for one of the shift workers to finish work and drive me home for half the fuel costs. So now, I spend less time with my family and work longer for no extra pay.

I too have not had a holiday in as long as I can remember - the only way I could see of enjoying myself was to sell my house, take the equity and literally p**s it up the wall....and that's what I intend to do.

We had to get rid of the TV, a) because it broke (lol), b) couldn't afford the tax and c) every time I turned it on, it was full of canned-laughing-americans laughing at something that had no humour in it.

Got given a new one, but now we only watch films on the xbox.

Anyway, basically we cut back very hard - and it's made little difference. It's been this way for a lot of people for at least the last 12 months - and yet, I couldn't understand how people were bleating on about how strong the economy was etc...

anyway /rant

Provided you have equity of at least £25,000 sell the house & buy an American Motor home (RV) (they have plenty of room & are an all mod con bungalow on wheels) & move to Spain or anywhere in Europe that takes your fancy - many already have

I already have a holiday home in France that I bought and paid for some years ago - not quite big enough for a family of 5, but 3/4 could sqeeze in easily.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I already have a holiday home in France that I bought and paid for some years ago - not quite big enough for a family of 5, but 3/4 could sqeeze in easily.

Yeah but does it move - willingly:)

Lol - nope, it's been standing in the same place since 1720, so I think it's quite a permanent fixture!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------