Cahoot PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan with Cahoot a few years ago and took out their PPI. As I took the loan out over the Internet and not over the phone have I got a case to claim these charges back as I didn't speak to anyone directly?

Has anyone had any success claiming PPI from cahoot?

Thanks

Hello jonny,

I am not sure about Cahoot andinternet loans and ppi. The internet seems so impersonal I usually get suckered by a female asking me how I am keeping and how she can help me.

This is just a bump to help

good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I have just sent a letter off to Cahoot for exactly the same

I got a credit card off them in 2000, and I must say I did have a lot of late payments and went over my limit, but for the past 2 years they have had their money on the dot.

I have not used the card (it has a £2000 limit) , and to be honest I never logged on to check my balance etc( forgotten password doh) .

When I was initially over my limit I had letters from them, they then stopped and because I assumed I had brought it under control.

I then called for a balance and was shocked to be told that I owed £2300;

they had levied £12.00 every month for the last 42 months.

On top on that I had PPI, that I was not only paying the sum of about £20 per month but also interest.

I worked out the PPI charges, over limit charges etc and it came to £1800, I was flabbergasted.

The letter that got sent to me claimed that if I entered into the court arena that they would request a stay.

I sent them a very curt letter saying the PPI should never have been applied to my account because I work for local government and would be paid for a year anyway.

Their response was well you must have ticked it .

Well maybe I did, but I am still stating I have been paying for a product that was not only extremely expensive but not suitable for my needs either.

I have also reminded them that the stay is for current accounts and not credit cards as that was agreed back in 2006.

I will wait and see what happens, but I am totally prepared to go to court over this.

I don’t even want the cash as such I just want it deducted form my credit card bill, which I then happily settle.

Anyone had anything similar happen I am just curious as to what their response will be.

Hi,

I also took out a cahoot online loan for 6.5k.

It was a few years ago and i was naïve.

I must have ticked the ppi box but i am certain i was not given information as to it's suitability and definately did not know that out of the £150 monthly payment almost £100 was on ppi! i paid the loan off eventually and now havng found this site am fully prepared to get it all back including the interest.

There does not seem to be much info on cahoots online ppi agreements.

And i cannot remember how the online form was worded.

I guess i just ticked the box assuming that it was needed in case i lost my job.

I will start proceedings by accruing all the information on my loan, the agreements etc then take the standard path of sar's etc etc.

I have all the time in the world!

It would be good to keep in touch with other forum members who are doing the same so we can share info and nail the basxxxds!

Madmupps

Hi Frugaljo

Thanks for your reply.

I really think that the guff they sent you shows that they know they have a problem.

Like the other guy said i would ignore it and stay on the designated path with the correct letters...

It seems to me they try to stall you at every opportunity and especially if you don't have all your details in order or make a mistake... if you are well prepared and follow the procedures you will eventually reach a point where they pay up!

good luck and stay in touch..

Hi jonnypb,

I also took out a Cahoot loan (in 2003) and was shocked to realise about a year ago that I had been paying PPI all along, so I cancelled it straight away.

I do not remember ticking (or unticking) any boxes when I took out the loan online.

To date I have sent a SAR (last October) and have requested my CCA several times from them, but they have not sent me it.

Their time is now up on the CCA and as far as I know they are committing a criminal offence,

I have been looking round the forums but I am still unsure as to watch to do next.

I do have a thread of my own but no one has replied to it yet,

can anyone help me?

My thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cahoot/117475-cahoot-loan-any1-they.html

I'll subscribe to your thread jonny and let you know how I get on.

Hi Kennyvinegar,

I think your main problem has been you only sent a letter to start with that requested information. Unless you send the sar they will just laugh at a request for info (as you said they sent a we know what you are up to letter). They seem to have continued with the "this guy ain't serious so well draw it out and hope he buggars off" spin.

You must stick to the universally recognised letters and make sure you step up the game as soon as the legally allowed timescales allows. Also where possible apply your own timescales to which they must reply to your letters..

THis will a) shorten the result and b) show them you a committed to the course of action

let me know how you get on! :-)

Hi madmupps

thanks for your reply, this is what I have sent them so far:

03/09/07 - letter requesting T&Cs (which they couldn't find)

22/10/07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter

13/11/07 - letter of non-compliance (including section asking for my credit agreement under the cca)

12/02/08 - Letter requesting cca (letter N) from which they have sent the £1 back

They responded to my SAR but didn't include the cca. That's why I sent them the separate letter requesting it. All the letter I have sent have been templates from on here, and used the timescales. Their 12 days +2 +30 is up now, I'm just wondering what I do next. I am still paying them every month. Should I stop the payments?

Kennvinegar,

I can see now that you did take a bit too long in pursuing them! It really does need to be bang on..

Did you send all you letters by special delivery? This ensures that they don't say that it never arrived etc.

you must now take it to the next level. Begin legal proceedings and watch them squirm!

if they really have lost your agreement then surely they are stuffed and you will win in court???!!!

Kennyvinegar,

Just got this from the ppi section...

The loan agreement is what you need to look for. This document is required to specify the amount that you have borrowed together with any anciliary charges which have been added to the loan. This will include total interest payable, your monthly payments and any insurance products you may have attached to the loan.

I hope this is helpful.

It is very clear to me that they are stalling on this cos they know damn well that this will not show the ppi charges and that you will have a very strong case for miss selling!!!

Keep on it!!! They know it... and they damn well don't want you to have it...

The law however is on your side and eventually they will have to come up with it!!:-)

I sent all the letters recorded delivery, and having responded to my SAR and non-compliance letters (although still not fully), they can't say that they didn't receive them. They also can't say that they didn't receive the CCA request, as they sent the £1 cheque back with a letter just stating that cca information was free, although not actually sending the cca with it.

I have been reading around the forum about cca non-compliance but i'm confused at there seems to be a difference of opinion as to what to do next - fill out a claim form, stop my payments and wait...I'm not sure!

Don't quote me but would you not be in breach of contract if you cancelled the payments? Surely the best course of action is to caim it all back up to the latest payment when and if it goes to court or they settle up?

You don't want to give them any ammo do you?!!!

I would make up the claim form for the non complience now.:-)

Hi,

Just looked at non complience on this thread :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/122519-poc-ppi-there-any.html?highlight=non+compliance

It looks like someone else has been having the same issues as you!

They have a court date on 16th of April! might be worth while waiting for the outcome of this one to see what happens.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

i everyone,

just got a reply from Cahoot for repayment of PPI ( mis-sold) and overlimit charges.

it goes like this:-

Cahoot have never actively sold PPI ,

however this involved a customer ticking a box in the application and being referred to the terms and conditions of the insurance

.which would also be sent out on completion of the application.

As you selected to add this to your application this was set up for you.

The insurance premiums are based on the outstanding monthly balance and we would show as a transaction on your monthly balance .

As a result we would not be able to refund as they have been paid to insure your balance as requested and would have been paid out in the event of any claim .

I can confirm that this insurance has now been cancelled.

Yeah because i cancelled it.

The thing I would like to know is firstly

should I ask for a copy of the Terms and conditions,

2 do you consider that even if I did "tick the box" , which was so long ago i really cant remember surely they have a duty of care in maintaining that they are selling a product that is fit for purpose. This was not as I work for local government and would have been paid for a year either way.:evil:

They went on to say with regards to your 42 months worth of over limit fees ,

you should have logged onto your account thats your problem not ours.

I am really angry that i owe 2300 to Cahoot, and £1800 of that is phoney PPI charges interest and overlimit charges.

If I would not have had the PPI the over limits would probably have not even happened.

I am not going to take their knockback, but I am considering my next step.

I am thinking of

1 requesting a copy of my "signed" PPI agreement.

2 asking for a break down of their charges

3 giving them 14 days to "reflect on their mistake" and then filing in my Court form.

4 informing them of my "personal and professional costs per hour "which I will be adding the claim. (£30.00 per hour) and I have put some time into this, so it will cost them about another £300.00

I also should add that Cahoots initial response was to tell me that all the banks had been granted a "stay", when I stated quite clearly they were attempting to mislead me, as this does not apply to credit cards they have changed their tack.

Bottom line is I am that angry about this i would rather lose £100 in court costs than not fight them .

I just feel I need a next steps from someone .

Any offers