What is my legal position?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will try to keep it brief.

When I was on maternity leave last year the department I worked for in the NHS was taken over by a private company.Prior to this March 2006 I put in a request for part time working even though I wasnt due back till August as I wanted to get it all in place sooner rather than later.Due to a massive cock up there end and them not following the 28 day guide lines of replying my request never got seen to.Then in July 07 the new company took over.I put in a case against them for a tribunal as I was told to by CAB as they refused to take me part time.They gave me a pay out before it went to court and told me that if the NHS had got my request in on time they would have taken me on as they would have had to and that I really should be questioning why it wasnt done.

The NHS at no point offered me a job on paper only in a passing remark. However the stupid part is I had to give my notice in to them as I couldnt work for them any how due to the location and hours.

Fast forward to last month and they are asking for £3k back as I never came back to work.

I want to know where I stand an if it is worth seeking legal advice on this or am I not likely to get anything?

It's a question of what was contained in the settlement agreement. Since it's contract law, it would probably be a good idea to go and see your local solicitor. Quite a lot of local solicitors offer the initial interview for free, so find one that will do that. You also might be entitled to legal aid if you're not working.