Did not request PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have checked my copies of my original Applications for Credit/Loans and have a found a few where "I DID NOT TICK the BOX" requesting PPI.

Has anybody made a succesful claim on this issue? and what are the chances of a succesful claim?

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("1397041") report.gif digg.gif

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

Norwich 1, I think you may have a case, can you post this information, remove first any personal info.

I am sure you will get advice from a member with experience on PPI.

Andy

Hi Norwich1, i am in the same situation with cap one, i have asked them to supply me with credit agreement showing i signed for it. They sent me an agreement with no signature or tick in ppi bow, so i will now be writting to them for a refund. Good luck with your claim. If you look in the forum 'notes for ppi claimants' you will find lots of help there.

O K Old Andrew

I have 2 copies of Applications for Credit Cards 1 for Aqua-Halifax the other for Barclaycard.

I have signed both Applications, on both forms they ask me to "Tick the Box" if i require PPI.

On both forms it clearly shows that I have NOT ticked the Box.

Therefor I common sense tells me I did not request or agree to PPI.

BUT the banks have no common sense or decency, black looks white to them and blank boxes look ticked.

What are my chances if I took them to Court over thiany help or advice appreciated.

Has any one made a claim on this issue?

Amanni

I have written 3 letters to Halifax and have received NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

You have every chance of winning, look at the ppi form, do you know the total cost to you for these charges, or will you have to do a SAR, then there will be recovery of interest paid.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

I know the total charges imposed by Barclays

Dont know charges imposed by Aqua around £50-£60 maybe, not worth the trouble.

I have written 3 letters to Aqua and have received NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER

In fact I've put aclaim at court for £100 just to seewhat happens. So far they have acknowleged the claim and intend to enter a defence. At lease they reply to letters from the Court. I'm exempt from paying court fees

I Understand the 8% interest.

What is (I think its called) Contractable interest or something. Can I claim that?, if so how do I work that out.

Hi Andy

I know the total charges imposed by Barclays

Dont know charges imposed by Aqua around £50-£60 maybe, not worth the trouble.

I have written 3 letters to Aqua and have received NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER

In fact I've put aclaim at court for £100 just to seewhat happens. So far they have acknowleged the claim and intend to enter a defence. At lease they reply to letters from the Court. I'm exempt from paying court fees

I Understand the 8% interest.

What is (I think its called) Contractable interest or something. Can I claim that?, if so how do I work that out.

Hello Norwich,

Glad to see you don't mess around:p Good for you.

Its great they only ignore you before and when the get the N1, you have made them have to sit up and take attention.:grin:

Just reading your thread, if you have not ticked the box, they should not have applied ppi to your accounts and you have every right to have it back, plus the interest. Did you mention that the documents you received were application forms:wink:

Contractual interest is claiming back interest at the contractual interest that they charged you, ie 16.9%. 24.9%, you may find the rate on your statements. As you already now the court will allow the 8%. If you have issued the N1 via the court, you may now not be able to ask the court for this, but if the company try to settle before the court date, ask for it:grin:

Good luck and keep us posted:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi HHNF

Yes both Appliacation forms, both Boxes not ticked.

So I can claim Contractual interest at 16.9% is that right?

What is the 24.9% you have mentioned.

The claim I have at court at the moment is 'my test case' just to find out what happens on this issue but I think I cocked it up from the start, as I do not know the amount to claim as I have not got my statements to check the amount, it is probably for only for around £50 or so.

I claimed for an undisclosed amount.

The mistake I made was: instead of under "Value" where I SHOULD have put "under £5,000 I left this blank, I put in "Amount claimed"

£100 which I should have left blank.

The Defendants have acknowledged the claim and say they are going to defened. I'm not bovver'd about it, as I am using this small sprat as a 'test case' to catch a much bigger fish.

Will keep you informed of developments in due course.

Hi HHNF

Yes both Appliacation forms, both Boxes not ticked.

So I can claim Contractual interest at 16.9% is that right?

What is the 24.9% you have mentioned.

The claim I have at court at the moment is 'my test case' just to find out what happens on this issue but I think I cocked it up from the start, as I do not know the amount to claim as I have not got my statements to check the amount, it is probably for only for around £50 or so.

I claimed for an undisclosed amount.

The mistake I made was: instead of under "Value" where I SHOULD have put "under £5,000 I left this blank, I put in "Amount claimed"

£100 which I should have left blank.

The Defendants have acknowledged the claim and say they are going to defened. I'm not bovver'd about it, as I am using this small sprat as a 'test case' to catch a much bigger fish.

Will keep you informed of developments in due course.

Hiya Norwich,

As you say, you can argue regarding the value, when the time comes:D and even if things go pearshaped, you can use it as a learning curve for the bigger fish:D

As regarding the contractual interest, you can ask, it does not mean you will get, you need to find out what the rate was. I only used 16.9% and 24.9% as examples. Some companies will pay it and others will argue the toss. The court would allow 8% if the case was successful.

Have you worked these figures out on a spreadsheet yet:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi HHNF

Thanks for info on contractual interest. I am happy getting the PPI refunded and 8% but will check it out before the next court claim.

At the moment I'm waiting for responses to letters sent.

I require the T/Cs for PPI policies which the bankers will not send me. I have mislayed/lost or may even not received the originals in the first place.

I've tried Data Protection Act and CCA sec 78 but the bankers say they are not obliged to send me copies of the Policies under these Acts.

I've been told to cotact the actual Insurance Companies, BUT the Post Office tells me the Post Code for Barclays Insurance, Dublin does not exist.

I also want the address to write to for Nowich Union Inurance for the policy regaurding a Littlewoods Credit Card which of course is also a 'Barclaycard'. Can you help with these addresses please.

Of Course if all reasonable negotiations fail; Yo Ho Yo Ho its off to court we go (again).