Letter to HON Ruth Kelly

DReilly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ref: Notification of Impounded Vehicle:

Dear Ruth

I have been representing ***wood Road at the local cabinet concerning the dangers we as residents face eveyday on ***wood Road because of the lack of Road Safety measures. Because of the lack of Goverment resources i have been informed that the local goverment are unable to provide adequate safety measures requested by 70 petition members of Ascot.

I have already had a Volkswagon Golf written off just before my daughter and i were about to enter the vehicle..( Angels were watching over us that day) and NOw my Alfa Romeo wing mirrors torn off.

After seeking advice from friends and the local residents, I SORNED my car and placed it OFF ROAD on what i and everyone else believed to be UNADOPTED land as it was thought to be owned by goverment training ..

I acted in genuine good faith with a belief in lawfulness. I did not act with any culpable intent and am 'apparently innocent'.

Criminal punishment of the ignorant is an arbitrary and abusive exercise of Govermental Power.

I argue that under the given circumstances ( see supporting letter Rev M Trimming) I am not liable due to Apparent Innocent conduct. Therefore, should be invited in such cases to assess whether, given the local context in which the alledged offence occurred, any basis exists to assign blame to a defendant for his/her acts.

I ask that you grant direct authority to evaluate issues of FAIR NOTICE and apparent innocence will preserve the social power and flexibility of the criminal sanction by acknowledging the highly contextual nature of it's legitimate use. Further more, lawmakers and enforcement authorities will have an increased incentive to recognise the crucial role they must play in ensuring internalization of the law's expectations.

I am a single mother on local state benefits saving her pennies to buy new wing mirrors so my KEY to future EMPLOYMENT can pass it's MOT and i can get it TAXED.

Please grant me the law of flexibility.

Kind Regards

patdavis is cags motoring expert with lots of really helpful advice. I think pat was just pointing out the law only requires a car to have at least one wing mirror. We all know its better to have two.

Bear in mind that you do not need both wing/door mirrors to pass an MoT test.

As long as you have one plus the interior mirror...

Almost true: I believe in most cases, you must have the drivers side wing mirror. Also, if the passenger side wing mirror is broken, it may fail due to sharp edges etc.

Almost true: I believe in most cases, you must have the drivers side wing mirror. Also, if the passenger side wing mirror is broken, it may fail due to sharp edges etc.

Not so, I have just had my car pass it's MoT test with a shattered driver's side mirror. The legal requirement is for one wing or door mirror on a car.

(In case anybody wants to know: the reason it wasn't replaced for the test is that they cost £134 since the mirror is heated and auto-dipping - it is on back-order with the main dealer)

I must confess, I always thought it was the drivers side mirror too.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Not so, I have just had my car pass it's MoT test with a shattered driver's side mirror. The legal requirement is for one wing or door mirror on a car.

(In case anybody wants to know: the reason it wasn't replaced for the test is that they cost £134 since the mirror is heated and auto-dipping - it is on back-order with the main dealer)

Not sure how you "got away" with that. My car failed last year on a broken offside (drivers) mirror. There were no sharp edges, only the glass was missing.

My source seems to be at odds with yours:

Wing Mirror

Trying to find a more reliable quote...

Yep correct answer, a private car first used after August 1978 MUST be fitted with two mirrors. One internal and one mounted on the offside and both must be able to be used by the driver.

Reg 33 of the Con & Use regs sets out the requirements

Ahh - I do remember something about 1978. I was going to mention it earlier, but couldn't remember what it was.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Ahh - I do remember something about 1978. I was going to mention it earlier, but couldn't remember what it was.

The mind boggles Dave, was it a particulary blurry year for you?:p