Paid the £80 then they tried to get more money!!

jaymm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was fined £80 for apparently not declaring SORN. I couldn't find copies of the paperwork to prove otherwise since it was 6 months ago, so I decided to pay the £80 and get on with my life.

So, on Friday afternoon I called to pay the fine. Firstly, it's an 0870 number you call and surprise surprise, a voice comes on and tells you how they are experiencing a high number of calls and the waiting time is 5 - 10 minutes. (The letter states that this is a payment only line, so if they are truly experiencing a high number of calls, they must be a very profitable organisation!!! - especially the influx of people who decide to pay at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon!!!!! - peak time, eh??)

So, 9 minutes and 46 secs on hold and the call is answered. I told the brain dead moron that I was paying the £80 penalty and then he told me that there was also £30 of arrears!!!!! £110 total!!!!. Refraining myself from telling him exactly what he could do with his arrears, I told him that there was no mention of arrears and the letter was only for £80. He then told me that I can pay the £80 and that COULD close the case, but I could get a letter later chasing me the £30 arrears. I opted to pay the £80 only and take my chances.

They really are a shower of ********!!!

Guest 10110001
I was fined £80 for apparently not declaring SORN. I couldn't find copies of the paperwork to prove otherwise since it was 6 months ago, so I decided to pay the £80 and get on with my life.

So, on Friday afternoon I called to pay the fine. Firstly, it's an 0870 number you call and surprise surprise, a voice comes on and tells you how they are experiencing a high number of calls and the waiting time is 5 - 10 minutes. (The letter states that this is a payment only line, so if they are truly experiencing a high number of calls, they must be a very profitable organisation!!! - especially the influx of people who decide to pay at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon!!!!! - peak time, eh??)

Its the end of the road for 0870. In many cases calling the landline is free Say No to 0870.com

So, 9 minutes and 46 secs on hold and the call is answered. I told the brain dead moron that I was paying the £80 penalty and then he told me that there was also £30 of arrears!!!!! £110 total!!!!. Refraining myself from telling him exactly what he could do with his arrears, I told him that there was no mention of arrears and the letter was only for £80. He then told me that I can pay the £80 and that COULD close the case, but I could get a letter later chasing me the £30 arrears. I opted to pay the £80 only and take my chances.

They really are a shower of ********!!!

• 2 months later...