HSBC acting weird + Q

anton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello people,

just writing to say that alhtough i am yet to send the Data Protection letter to HSBC, i did gave them a call few weeks back, before i got to know about this unlawful charges and this web site.

my phone call was regarding a overdraft charge of £75; stangely enough, the HSBC person said she could not discuss this matter with me as she was not allowed to, but she took my number and few minutes aftyer the customer service manager rang me up apologising and giving me a refund of £75 on the spot!

to be honest, i was quite surprised!

anyway, i am now about to send them the D.P. letter with the £10 enclosed; i hopethis will lead to something good!

by the way, what sort of charges am i righful to claim back and what other charges were they correct in making me pay?

thank you

hello people,

just writing to say that alhtough i am yet to send the Data Protection letter to HSBC, i did gave them a call few weeks back, before i got to know about this unlawful charges and this web site.

my phone call was regarding a overdraft charge of £75; stangely enough, the HSBC person said she could not discuss this matter with me as she was not allowed to, but she took my number and few minutes aftyer the customer service manager rang me up apologising and giving me a refund of £75 on the spot!

to be honest, i was quite surprised!

anyway, i am now about to send them the D.P. letter with the £10 enclosed; i hopethis will lead to something good!

by the way, what sort of charges am i righful to claim back and what other charges were they correct in making me pay?

thank you

if you click the link under this post all you questions will be answered :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

thank you very much for your quick reply!

as you might have noticed, i am not a very finance/economics orienteted person :p

please correct me if i am wrong, but basically we may reclaim all and any charges made to our current account except for overdraft charges.

thanks again

you can reclaim overdraft charges, if they relate as a penalty for breaching your terms and conditions, so if its going over your o/d limit or using your card when you shouldnt, or having a cheque bounce, they can all be reclaimed, except obviously for using a cash machine , you cant claim that back :D

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

i only have one thing to say to you: THANK YOU!!!!

cheers, but thats 2 things lol :D