• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

need a bit of advice that ive done the right thing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i have just started to reclaim my charges including ppi, with three of my credit cards, citi tesco,and co-op and also a burton store card.All have been sold to dca,s with the exeption of burton card that is still running.

I have worked out the charges and ppi that i know i never agreed to going back six years , and it comes to a staggering £8,965.00 ive had high balances on my credit cards for years and always met the minimum payments,although now and again late,one tesco statements charges from sept 05 reads-late payment fee £25 cardholder protection plan £53 overlimit fee 20 in one month ! I have been speaking with cccs to help draw up some sort of repayment plan,and mentioned to the nice lady that i was thinking of sending cca,s to the dca,s and sar,s to the o creds and claim my money back.She was horrified and said i was just antagonising the dca,s , not to do it and just agree a payment plan and thats that !

Have i done the right thing ,? because i sent all the letters off today !!!!

Absolutely you have.

Do everything from now on in writing only. You might need to refer to it later.

Sit back, read lots, and keep us informed.

And welcome to the road back to sanity.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Thanks tonycee,

Its funny but iam waiting for the postman to come with a sense of excitment rather than dread,just to see how they are going to try and wriggle out of refunding the charges.

Will keep you all posted as and when.!

Hello,

I totally agree with TC and I can't believe that woman told you that you should not antaginise these DCA's. These DCA's will show you no mercy and will try by any which way they can to get your money. You have a legal right to ensure that they can legally pursue you for these monies. Have they just been instructed by your creditors to pursue you or have they been sold/assigned to them. There will be a difference in how you deal with this.

The first thing is find out if they have a legal right. and then you approach your creditors for the penalty charges that they have taken and possiblity removal of defaults.

You must be prepared for the most educational ride of your life;)

We are all here to help and advise you on your journey:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hear hear HHNF ;)

I've never used CCCS, but i have seen many similiar stories. The reasoning seems to be that they are there to arrange payments not to question debts. To me though, they should be helping/supporting debtors protect themselves from bullies and thieves.

Anyway, i'll stop ranting before i really get started :p

In short Shammy, you are MOST DEFINITELY doing the right thing. The satisfaction as you reclaim money and sanity (as TC said) is unbelievable.

Will be watching with interest.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Thanks for that Hopefull,

Its funny since ive sent those ccas off all the phone calls have stopped ,and i had a very quick response from 1st credit saying the account was on hold until they recieve instructions fom the client !

The realisation that they're dealing with someone who knows what's what is obviously dawning on them :D

HI Hopful 1,

Thanks for your kind comments.The reason i went ahead with grabbing my debt problems by the scruff of the neck,was the evening after i had had the conversation with cccs.

I had sat down ready to give in and go on the dmp that ccs had said i should when the phone rang.The guy on the other end asked for me(i thought it was work,as i run my own building firm) I said speaking,and he launched into a tirade about what they would do if i didnt pay the complete balance in seven days.

Being a big burly rugby player,im not easily intimidated by verbal abuse so i let him rant on for a few minutes, and when he paused for breath,I slipped in "I bet your mum is over the moon that your doing so well in your new job".WHAT ? He bawled. I laughed ,which made his brain derail from the track it was on , causing him to gargle and choke, followed by the sound of his phone being smashed down in its cradle.

Thats what made me go for it despite the advice given.I think we all need a push somtimes,and that idiot did it for me.:D

HI Hopful 1,

Thanks for your kind comments.The reason i went ahead with grabbing my debt problems by the scruff of the neck,was the evening after i had had the conversation with cccs.

I had sat down ready to give in and go on the dmp that ccs had said i should when the phone rang.The guy on the other end asked for me(i thought it was work,as i run my own building firm) I said speaking,and he launched into a tirade about what they would do if i didnt pay the complete balance in seven days.

Being a big burly rugby player (this sentence is a little distracting ;):p ),im not easily intimidated by verbal abuse so i let him rant on for a few minutes, and when he paused for breath,I slipped in "I bet your mum is over the moon that your doing so well in your new job".WHAT ? He bawled. I laughed ,which made his brain derail from the track it was on , causing him to gargle and choke, followed by the sound of his phone being smashed down in its cradle.

Thats what made me go for it despite the advice given.I think we all need a push somtimes,and that idiot did it for me.:D

When you're back on track you must ring him and thank him!

This site is a mine of information. Many of the threads start with people in a start of panic and feeling as if everything is out of control. The change as people gain more knowledge and confidence just smacks you in the face.

Good luck with your journey, i shall watch out for your updates :)

I have posted about this before but many years ago there was a [problem] company selling grants for businesses which you could get by yourself without having to pay anyone. It was in our local paper that their staff were badly treated and that if they hadn't made any appointments by lunchtime they had to stand on their desks for the afternoon's calls. We ran a reception area for a business centre and got loads of these calls - one afternoon I got the smarmy guy on the phone and I said 'can I ask you a question - are you standing on your desk at this moment?' The reply I got is not repeatable - so obviously he was:D. Wonder if the DCAs use similar tactics.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

HI guys,

Just popped home from work and found a letter from allied international saying that they had got my cca request but i had to contact them and arrange to "repay the part of the debt that i did acknowledge" ? Gonna file it in my new flip top fileing cabinet !

Hey I've got one of them as well, mine is black with wheels on, and once a week men come and deliver it to the biggest filing system in the world.:lol:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW